PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Fyi.. even if we get 30fps working using hw3d.. angrybirds still might not work. Rovio stated they are having performance issues with older hardware. Nothing we can do if the game developers themselves cant do it. There is a hacked version of the game that performs better.
Understood - just trying to see what else is left without reading through the IRC logs. Thanks for all your work.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Understood - just trying to see what else is left without reading through the IRC logs. Thanks for all your work.
Unfortunately that is the best method to see progress... With that said, answering every item in your list is a little ridiculous. You want others to read the logs and update you? There's really only one I know I can definitively answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Speakerphone (no mic) - any progress?
It's fixed, just need the commit from WisTilt2. Holidays have been rough.

As for the rest of the stuff you asked for updates on, it is ALL being worked on but it's sporadic. Camera seems to be making some good progress, and the headphone jack seems trivial... Just need someone to take a good look at it. Battery code probably needs to be cleaned up, and there's probably some other power management improvements that will help with drain. We need to get camro a device so he can finish his battery driver
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Fyi.. even if we get 30fps working using hw3d.. angrybirds still might not work. Rovio stated they are having performance issues with older hardware. Nothing we can do if the game developers themselves cant do it. There is a hacked version of the game that performs better.
I'm really curious what they did to AB Lite then, because it sure runs faster than AB Full.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
I'm really curious what they did to AB Lite then, because it sure runs faster than AB Full.
Google it.. Rovio is still making changes to make sure they can cover more phones.. turns out phones far more powerful than the tp2 couldnt run it.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Unfortunately that is the best method to see progress... With that said, answering every item in your list is a little ridiculous. You want others to read the logs and update you? There's really only one I know I can definitively answer...

As for the rest of the stuff you asked for updates on, it is ALL being worked on but it's sporadic. Camera seems to be making some good progress, and the headphone jack seems trivial... Just need someone to take a good look at it. Battery code probably needs to be cleaned up, and there's probably some other power management improvements that will help with drain. We need to get camro a device so he can finish his battery driver
ive been talking to alex and bzo about the camera. It's apparently working with code written by jbruneaux. No one really bothered to look into it but im sure bzo is already pillaging code to get it on our kernel.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:

Trivial? Come on arrrghhh I and I think a lot of other people really want that headphone jack working, is there any progress on that or is there anything a noob like myself can do to help its progress?

In any case, I really appreciate everyone's hard work on making android fully functional on tp2.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Congrats and i hate you all at the same time lol! I really want flash and skyfire working on our TP2's and youre here telling me it's running on your Diamond!

InvincibleLiving

USE THIS. YOU NEED TITANIUM BACKUP TO USE IT. IT WORKS REALLY GOOD. I WATCH MOVIES ONLINE ALL THE TIMES. I DON'T GET 3G IN COUNTY AND IT VERY FAST. RESTORE THE FILE WITH THE DATA OR IT WON'T WORK. GOOD LUCK. FRX03
Attached Files
File Type: zip skyfire.zip (5.58 MB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

also am i right that the front buttons do not light up and the keyboard does not light up right?
Old 12-02-2010, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.387; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88
Quote:

Trivial? Come on arrrghhh I and I think a lot of other people really want that headphone jack working, is there any progress on that or is there anything a noob like myself can do to help its progress?

In any case, I really appreciate everyone's hard work on making android fully functional on tp2.
what he means by trivial is that none of the main devs plan on spending time looking into it since it only applies to a small subset of devices. That being said, I had been looking into it, but I have been absolutely swamped the last few weeks. Holidays are when IT implement all the new server tech and all that because it is the lowest impact time of the year.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
what he means by trivial is that none of the main devs plan on spending time looking into it since it only applies to a small subset of devices. That being said, I had been looking into it, but I have been absolutely swamped the last few weeks. Holidays are when IT implement all the new server tech and all that because it is the lowest impact time of the year.
+1, we're knee-deep in a new call center integration project...

Hopefully it's an easy fix, but easy is a relative term here. What's easy for the devs isn't so easy for a lot of us. I don't expect a self-proclaimed "noob" to go in and even try to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
also am i right that the front buttons do not light up and the keyboard does not light up right?
Correct. You can have them always on if they are on when you boot haret. Otherwise they're always off. Yet another thing on WisTilt2's list.... Hopefully when he gets back into the swing of things we can finish up his work on the speakerphone stuff and go back to focusing on the lighting. He seemed worried that it would be significantly different for each individual RHOD, and based on how the autobl commit went... His worries definitely seem justified
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps