PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I agree the blazen appears to be smoother. Ref isn't bad though.

I know from the xdandroid site that I am seeing a few apps in titanium backup with different version numbers. I would like to clean up and strip it to a nice build myself. Unsure what can and can not be done.

Sent from my HTC Touch Pro 2 on Android with Tapatalk Pro.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Okay, I normally overlook your rudeness, since you do a lot to teach beginners in addition to being rude, but you're really being kinda a **** here. Whatever your personal views, comparing your sitting safely at home and commenting on a message board to somebody who is literally putting their life on the line serving your country is pretty poor taste.
Really? Well that's fine, and that's your opinion. I think his attitude of I'm too good to search was pretty rude too.

Either way, let's not dwell on it. I'm trying not to. I did not mean any offense to our armed forces, I do of course appreciate all that they do. However, nobody is above using the search button. Using it as an excuse is not excusable; I know vets and people in Afghanistan right at this very moment and lazy does not describe them.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-02-2010 at 11:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

How is the 'SLEEP' button mapped in the new build? Is it like the older builds which feature a long-press to bring up the Recent menu?
Old 11-02-2010, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/01] FRX02 Reference!

cmon man....no reply for you...please check out last few pages....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
How is the 'SLEEP' button mapped in the new build? Is it like the older builds which feature a long-press to bring up the Recent menu?

Last edited by i_m_jughead; 11-02-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 running XDANDROID full time
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

skyguy04 is just getting started
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Okay, I normally overlook your rudeness, since you do a lot to teach beginners in addition to being rude, but you're really being kinda a **** here. Whatever your personal views, comparing your sitting safely at home and commenting on a message board to somebody who is literally putting their life on the line serving your country is pretty poor taste.
I don't think arrrghhh was being rude at all. No one is above using the search button. I'm pretty sure it's not the armed forces way to expect others to do work for you because they joined the military. Don't get me wrong, I respect all those serving in the military protecting our freedom. I just think this guy is using it as a crutch to not use the search button. Why even mention you're in the armed forces on a forum like this? That's silly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy04 View Post
I don't think arrrghhh was being rude at all. No one is above using the search button. I'm pretty sure it's not the armed forces way to expect others to do work for you because they joined the military. Don't get me wrong, I respect all those serving in the military protecting our freedom. I just think this guy is using it as a crutch to not use the search button. Why even mention you're in the armed forces on a forum like this? That's silly.
Thank you! I'm glad someone else gets it, I wasn't trying to be mean to everyone in the armed forces, that's outrageous.

Now let's please drop this topic and get back to Android
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

Well I guess I will give the reference build a try.

Arrrggh what type of issues are you seeing with the startup utility? Should I not be using it?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
Well I guess I will give the reference build a try.

Arrrggh what type of issues are you seeing with the startup utility? Should I not be using it?
I wouldn't recommend it. Lots of issues, seemingly most bugs have been squashed tho. Sometimes it would 0 out the startup.txt, it seems recently there have been some issues with updating. My biggest issue is blind updates - most seem to just click update and then wonder why stuff has changes

Biggest issue for me - I don't use it, and therefore I can't support it. Sov has a support thread over on XDA tho.

Are you still just having email problems? Did you try the ole delete (move, rename) of the data.img?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I wouldn't recommend it. Lots of issues, seemingly most bugs have been squashed tho. Sometimes it would 0 out the startup.txt, it seems recently there have been some issues with updating. My biggest issue is blind updates - most seem to just click update and then wonder why stuff has changes

Biggest issue for me - I don't use it, and therefore I can't support it. Sov has a support thread over on XDA tho.

Are you still just having email problems? Did you try the ole delete (move, rename) of the data.img?
I have had no issues with Sov startup utility. The other one has been an issue with deleting the startup.txt

No I have not tried the data.img trick, but email still doesnt work. Gonna try it in a few minutes. I will let ya know.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work

This is a little off topic lol but i now have ubuntu on my tp2 also and i was wondering does ubuntu use the same kernals we use for project android? meaning i can use the lastest more stable ones??? if so wow...and if u havent tried ubuntu i highly suggest you do.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps