PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Ok i got three questions i hope somebody can answer them. One why when i charged my phone the back of it gets so hot. Two after my phone has been charged over night the next day the time is 10 min behind the normal time. Third when I plug my phone into the computer using the USB it doesn't show up on the phone or the computer like it used to. I am using the 10-4 kernel from reefer. Thanks
1. Because the battery is receiving power, and Android doesn't regulate it the same way WinCE does.

2. Time loss is a bug and it gets worse if you are overclocking. Again, welcome to running an OS on a phone that it wasn't designed for.

3. What OS are you using and which model phone do you have? USB has been working for a while now. Maybe try an older kernel and see if the problem still exists. Might need to do some regression testing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work
Re: How to tag off airplane mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Go to the file on your computer
open with winrar or winzip
go to folder andboot
open startup.txt
it looks like this:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 force_cdma=0 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 rel_path=andboot hw3d.force=1 physkeyboard=Tilt2"
boot
Change the 0 to 1 after the force_cdma=

It should look like this once you are done:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 force_cdma=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 rel_path=andboot hw3d.force=1 physkeyboard=Tilt2"
boot

overwrite the file on your phone andboot folder and you are done.
If he's on the sprint network he shouldn't be using the Tilt2 keymap. He should replace that with rhod400.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
1. Because the battery is receiving power, and Android doesn't regulate it the same way WinCE does.

2. Time loss is a bug and it gets worse if you are overclocking. Again, welcome to running an OS on a phone that it wasn't designed for.

3. What OS are you using and which model phone do you have? USB has been working for a while now. Maybe try an older kernel and see if the problem still exists. Might need to do some regression testing.
Ok thx natemcnutty for answering my questions i made sure i hit the thx button. an i am using xdandroid the 9-28 package with the 10-4 new kernel and yes i am overclocking at 768 and do you think the problems i am having might get fixed in the future? And hey do you know if there has been any progress on the camera working?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b

is google maps not functional at the moment?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
is google maps not functional at the moment?
It is functional but occasionally it doesn't work.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

@natemcnutty: I was reading the IRC Chat history, and i read that you maybe working on fixing the 3.5mm headphone jack??? I am really excited to see that getting fixed. That is really the only thing holding me back from using Android all the time.

No pressure, just wanted to show my appreciation in advance.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Hey anish88 can you post the link to the IRC? thx
Old 10-07-2010, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

IRC logs

is that what you are looking for?

01:37 natemcnutty ah, so you want me to just copy similar changes to board-htcrhodum.c
01:37 arrrghhh i believe so...
01:37 arrrghhh blackstone's 3.5mm jack works flawlessly
01:37 arrrghhh i think leo does too, but i'm not sure if they use this code or something different.
01:38 natemcnutty see, but we have a board-htcrhodium-audio file as well though
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

justmosing is a n00b

Just out of curiosity, I haven't seen this mentioned much. I've been following the TP2 android development for a while, and I've only installed it once some time ago and haven't used it at all. It seems like almost all the major functions are now complete and it's very usable, big thanks to all the developers.

I haven't seen the camera mentioned much, is that something nearly impossible to get working? I don't know much about software, did some searches but couldn't find much of a discussion on the topic and I am curious. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmosing View Post
Just out of curiosity, I haven't seen this mentioned much. I've been following the TP2 android development for a while, and I've only installed it once some time ago and haven't used it at all. It seems like almost all the major functions are now complete and it's very usable, big thanks to all the developers.

I haven't seen the camera mentioned much, is that something nearly impossible to get working? I don't know much about software, did some searches but couldn't find much of a discussion on the topic and I am curious. Thanks.
it is one of those things that the developers will get to eventually. We should enjoy what we have. There has been major strides made in the last few months.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps