PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

2phonejones is keeping up the good work2phonejones is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/26] WORKING HW3D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
He literally color coded the text of his message, AND specifically stated "So if yours wont start, change the...."

Your answer is literally in the message that you quoted... I think now Ive seen it all.

REMOVE THE OVERCLOCK OR LOWER IT.
hahahaahahahahhahahaha
Old 09-27-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/26] WORKING HW3D!

To upgrade from the Aug 30 build to the latest one can you simply replace the zimage and rootfs.img file in the andboot folder? It looks like you need to change the startup.txt file to allow the 3D hardware also. Is this the best way to upgrade the latest build or should I be doing something else. Just trying to upgrade without losing anything in the current build. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

I've read this thread...tried a few suggestions...but I still can't get the ringtone to work. The only option I get is silent when I try to assign one for the ring.. I have a ringtone folder in the andboot/media folder. When so far as to reformat my SDCArd.. ..any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
I've read this thread...tried a few suggestions...but I still can't get the ringtone to work. The only option I get is silent when I try to assign one for the ring.. I have a ringtone folder in the andboot/media folder. When so far as to reformat my SDCArd.. ..any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Go to Dev Tools and run media scanner.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I thought I saw a few others mention being able to see Gallery in '3D' am I misunderstanding cause I dont see a difference running the HW3D enabled...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by linguini View Post
You can't use OI File Manager. Install Root Explorer by placing the attached file in your Android Apps folder. Now boot into Android and find the program in applications. Browse to /system/app and find/delete the gmail.apk. Delete by press and hold until dialog box shows. Hit delete. Reboot.

Good luck
Worked great!!! Thank you so much!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
Try to do a FULL (not quick) Format on the SD Card as Fat32. If you card is less then 2GB set the Cluster Allocation size at 32kb if its bigger, like 4GB or more set the cluster size at 64kb. Then do a fresh install of XDAndroid. I was able to use an SD Card of mine that would not be read properly by Android and it wouldnt scan the media no matter what, but once I changed the Allocation Size other than Default it started working. By the way I was using Win7 and 2GB card.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

I know you were all expecting a release today. It MAY still happen, but we actually got sidetracked working on the new startup utility and update tool. GREAT job by sovereignty who took the time to cover all my annoying requests about the app. It is tested and working, and compatible with all of the handsets that run this build of XDAndroid. I will include this in the new build that I release after fixing the theme issues with BLAZN. Please stand by.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
I know you were all expecting a release today. It MAY still happen, but we actually got sidetracked working on the new startup utility and update tool. GREAT job by sovereignty who took the time to cover all my annoying requests about the app. It is tested and working, and compatible with all of the handsets that run this build of XDAndroid. I will include this in the new build that I release after fixing the theme issues with BLAZN. Please stand by.
Awesome! Great work reef, I'm glad no one mauled you waiting for the Blazn update
Old 09-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper786 View Post
Go to Dev Tools and run media scanner.
---------
thanks and you've been thanked.
-------------
ran media scanner...after the media scanner...the only change is silent isn't green any longer. I still don't get an option to select a ringtone...

Last edited by defiantone; 09-27-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: more info
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps