PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

icevapor is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

I agree, I've had android up almost all day, I don't really care that much about sound right now, vibrate is good enough for me, but bluetooth is important for business useage... but I like android soo much, its hard to stay away.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2,Samsung Moment!,HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Xavier1415 is a n00b

ok so i installed it works it loads up. but it resets my phone on its own? whats up with that? how can i get it to stop restting on its on
Old 03-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier1415 View Post
ok so i installed it works it loads up. but it resets my phone on its own? whats up with that? how can i get it to stop restting on its on
It restarted 3 times on me before it stopped. Keep trying.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

surge is keeping up the good worksurge is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeter82 View Post
If wifi, sound, and data get to be 100% working this will be amazing.
wifi and data work great (at least for me).. I think the devs don't know sound isn't working.
maybe someone should tell them

</end sarcasm>
GSM Dev Thread: Click here
Latest Kernel and Module: Click here
Old 03-17-2010, 05:21 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
wifi and data work great (at least for me).. I think the devs don't know sound isn't working.
maybe someone should tell them

</end sarcasm>
lol nice!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
ok well, before i left for work at 730am i had my phone charged around 90% and loaded a fresh android.

Im impressed as this is still in alpha stage (IMO). I was able to get the phone to last until 4pm at which point android battery went red, and told me to plug it in as the battery was about to die. I went those 8 hours and got 2 freezes where if i let it sit for about 3 mins it would go back to normal. everything was working good, text, twitter, gmail, market, smooth and reliable as could be for something that is still in development.

I am very impressed and this COULD be used on a day to day basis IMO if you don't care about EVERYTHING working 100%. just my $0.02
Agreed. In fact I opted to start using it as my primary OS. I just use my spare battery. When it dies I'll switch to winmo until I get home at which point I'll recharge the spare and start with android again tomorrow. I've really learned to dislike winmo over the past few months and am very disspointed in WP7.

Oh, and my favorite feature in Android is a simple fix on a pet peeve I've had with WM for years now. When I ignore a call it doesn't show up as "missed". I always wondered why Winmo thought a call was missed when I purposely ignored it. Nothing missed about it.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.

Last edited by WisdomWolfX; 03-17-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mpguy84 is a n00b

When I use to have the HTG G1, i use to only get 8 hrs on it.... so this is really not too much off of what I use to have.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:03 PM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I dunno if I got a dud or not but I bought my wife a Samsung Moment, the thing goes into airplane mode by itself and even though its fast as hell, it just dont feel right after using WM for many many years, feels more like a LG phone or a Razr. As an OS, M$ is by far superior. I know we all bitch and moan about WM but after playing around with a real Android phone and not just an SD card setup, I am not convinced yet Android will be the way of the future. I am not ready yet to part ways with WM. Just my 2 cents.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
I dunno if I got a dud or not but I bought my wife a Samsung Moment, the thing goes into airplane mode by itself and even though its fast as hell, it just dont feel right after using WM for many many years, feels more like a LG phone or a Razr. As an OS, M$ is by far superior. I know we all bitch and moan about WM but after playing around with a real Android phone and not just an SD card setup, I am not convinced yet Android will be the way of the future. I am not ready yet to part ways with WM. Just my 2 cents.
Well it's certainly not as hackable (android, i mean).

I've never seen an iphone or another android phone with the ability to dual-boot a second OS like we are doing right now on a Windows-based OS. So you gotta hand it to WinMo; it's easily the most versatile OS on the planet

But hacking isn't for everybody. In fact, those of us in this forum are an "elite few" who even know how to tweak in the first place. Most everyone else doesn't like to deal with doing what we call a hobby (tweaking our devices)

That's why the iphone and android are so popular: you get all the flash of a smartphone, but all the "tweaking" is done for you. Most people like that, others (like us who flash custom ROMs cuz we hate that aspect) don't.

WinMo's problem is that it's ancient and has a lot of dead weight it's carrying around. That's why guys like MightyMike are so excited for WP7. It's going to purge out all the old crap that lingers with WinMo and, therefore, make it comparable to the iphone and android phones that have lots of bling and new features
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:32 PM
V.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Well it's certainly not as hackable (android, i mean).

I've never seen an iphone or another android phone with the ability to dual-boot a second OS like we are doing right now on a Windows-based OS. So you gotta hand it to WinMo; it's easily the most versatile OS on the planet

But hacking isn't for everybody. In fact, those of us in this forum are an "elite few" who even know how to tweak in the first place. Most everyone else doesn't like to deal with doing what we call a hobby (tweaking our devices)

That's why the iphone and android are so popular: you get all the flash of a smartphone, but all the "tweaking" is done for you. Most people like that, others (like us who flash custom ROMs cuz we hate that aspect) don't.

WinMo's problem is that it's ancient and has a lot of dead weight it's carrying around. That's why guys like MightyMike are so excited for WP7. It's going to purge out all the old crap that lingers with WinMo and, therefore, make it comparable to the iphone and android phones that have lots of bling and new features
I can say I like the quickness of Android and I like browsing the internet on it too. It's not as painful browsing as it is on WM. I do consider WM to be very slow compared to Android for web browsing. Other than that, I don't see alot yet that would make me use Android all the time. I will continue to tinker with it, maybe it will grow on me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2