View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Eschelon
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
I dunno if I got a dud or not but I bought my wife a Samsung Moment, the thing goes into airplane mode by itself and even though its fast as hell, it just dont feel right after using WM for many many years, feels more like a LG phone or a Razr. As an OS, M$ is by far superior. I know we all bitch and moan about WM but after playing around with a real Android phone and not just an SD card setup, I am not convinced yet Android will be the way of the future. I am not ready yet to part ways with WM. Just my 2 cents.
Well it's certainly not as hackable (android, i mean).

I've never seen an iphone or another android phone with the ability to dual-boot a second OS like we are doing right now on a Windows-based OS. So you gotta hand it to WinMo; it's easily the most versatile OS on the planet

But hacking isn't for everybody. In fact, those of us in this forum are an "elite few" who even know how to tweak in the first place. Most everyone else doesn't like to deal with doing what we call a hobby (tweaking our devices)

That's why the iphone and android are so popular: you get all the flash of a smartphone, but all the "tweaking" is done for you. Most people like that, others (like us who flash custom ROMs cuz we hate that aspect) don't.

WinMo's problem is that it's ancient and has a lot of dead weight it's carrying around. That's why guys like MightyMike are so excited for WP7. It's going to purge out all the old crap that lingers with WinMo and, therefore, make it comparable to the iphone and android phones that have lots of bling and new features
This post has been thanked 2 times.