View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 PM
WisdomWolfX
Almost a VIP

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
ok well, before i left for work at 730am i had my phone charged around 90% and loaded a fresh android.

Im impressed as this is still in alpha stage (IMO). I was able to get the phone to last until 4pm at which point android battery went red, and told me to plug it in as the battery was about to die. I went those 8 hours and got 2 freezes where if i let it sit for about 3 mins it would go back to normal. everything was working good, text, twitter, gmail, market, smooth and reliable as could be for something that is still in development.

I am very impressed and this COULD be used on a day to day basis IMO if you don't care about EVERYTHING working 100%. just my $0.02
Agreed. In fact I opted to start using it as my primary OS. I just use my spare battery. When it dies I'll switch to winmo until I get home at which point I'll recharge the spare and start with android again tomorrow. I've really learned to dislike winmo over the past few months and am very disspointed in WP7.

Oh, and my favorite feature in Android is a simple fix on a pet peeve I've had with WM for years now. When I ignore a call it doesn't show up as "missed". I always wondered why Winmo thought a call was missed when I purposely ignored it. Nothing missed about it.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.

Last edited by WisdomWolfX; 03-17-2010 at 06:21 PM.