PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

So I can't put my android files in a android folder even though I'm using that dual boot program?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

loader187 is just getting started

you know what. Ill test right now for the scene. Be back in a bit
Old 03-08-2010, 11:51 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
Thanks guys, you come through yet again..!!

"flyers, i'm throwin together a flyers theme that I most likely well have done today and put it up on the "Post Your Today Screen" thread, i'll send you a PM when it's complete =)
For sure...and I may have to borrow some of them files if it is ok...I was going to make one but just have not had the extra time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post

It is not time sensitive, it's just touch sensitive... that is, very touch sensitive. If you look at what you have there, it's 5 sets of x,y coordinates, and your second and third pair are essentially the same. Meaning it read the second point twice, making the third and fourth points wrong.

If you have trouble with the calibration, just reboot to winmo and delete ts-calibration from your android folder on your sdcard. It will run the calibration again on the next boot.

Very very sensitive....lol

I would take that link down, simply because it confuses the issue. That's 95-Civic's old build, which contains a few out-of-tree hacks. This is the new one that's a little closer to lining up with the mainline development.

I agree....

Thx for the updates Mak!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:54 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This is definitely an Android OS....battery life is garbage!! lmao!! My wife has The Hero and I feel bad for her cuz her battery life is really bad. I can go twice if not 3 times as long with my phone....well I am able to tweak and adjust to my likings. Great work on this port!! I was able to use the market place and I even taunted my wife with some of the same exact apps she has on her phone that I now can enjoy on mine. I cant wait until the sound is fixed so me and the wife can have a real AK war. I had to tell her I had a silencer on my AK. lmao!! Great work again guys.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D 4G
Carrier: sprint

dadda is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekotubbs View Post
If you have the android folder, remove it. This build only seems to work with files directly in the root of the SD Card
Quote:
The android folder no longer works. (It was conflicting with apps that created their own android folder in the sdcard, so it was changed.) If you still want to segregate your android files, change the android folder to 'andboot'.

Or you can add rel_path=whatever to your cmdline (in startup.txt) and then use whatever directory. (You need the latest initrd.gz for this to work correctly, though.)

It is not time sensitive, it's just touch sensitive... that is, very touch sensitive. If you look at what you have there, it's 5 sets of x,y coordinates, and your second and third pair are essentially the same. Meaning it read the second point twice, making the third and fourth points wrong.

If you have trouble with the calibration, just reboot to winmo and delete ts-calibration from your android folder on your sdcard. It will run the calibration again on the next boot.

I would take that link down, simply because it confuses the issue. That's 95-Civic's old build, which contains a few out-of-tree hacks. This is the new one that's a little closer to lining up with the mainline development.

I know post 1 says Sprint only, but I'd try it with Verizon anyway. The problem (at least as I know it, I haven't spoken with MrPippy about it) tends to be with carriers that require a username and password to connect to data, and I don't actually think Verizon does so. I know a few months ago when people were getting up and running with the RAPH500, it could connect to data without all the trouble that USCC et al were giving.

I could be wrong on that count, though. (There are a number of other issues that could cause a problem.) Can anyone confirm, up or down, whether data's working on Verizon?
the andboot folder on the root of the sd card didnt work for me it was saying that i need to download a new rootfs.img
Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch 2

sweena1 is a n00b

Quote:

I know post 1 says Sprint only, but I'd try it with Verizon anyway. The problem (at least as I know it, I haven't spoken with MrPippy about it) tends to be with carriers that require a username and password to connect to data, and I don't actually think Verizon does so. I know a few months ago when people were getting up and running with the RAPH500, it could connect to data without all the trouble that USCC et al were giving.

I could be wrong on that count, though. (There are a number of other issues that could cause a problem.) Can anyone confirm, up or down, whether data's working on Verizon?
Verizon does not require user name or password for data so it sounds like we might be good to go! I'm downloading now and will report back unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks Mr Pippy, Flyers and all you other awesome people that are making this happen!!!! Can't wait to taunt my droid slingin' office mate with my dual boot beauty.

Last edited by sweena1; 03-08-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
For sure...and I may have to borrow some of them files if it is ok...I was going to make one but just have not had the extra time...
Of course its ok brotha, us flyer fans stick together you kno this..!!

Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
This is definitely an Android OS....battery life is garbage!! lmao!! My wife has The Hero and I feel bad for her cuz her battery life is really bad. I can go twice if not 3 times as long with my phone....well I am able to tweak and adjust to my likings. Great work on this port!! I was able to use the market place and I even taunted my wife with some of the same exact apps she has on her phone that I now can enjoy on mine. I cant wait until the sound is fixed so me and the wife can have a real AK war. I had to tell her I had a silencer on my AK. lmao!! Great work again guys.
We can call this "the silencer series builds"
Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

And yeah I think once sound is developed into this whole process, it will draw a lot more attention "as if it's not already the talk of the town" lol...
Old 03-08-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

loader187 is just getting started

sweena1, if you want to wait im doing it right now

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2