PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

My phone gets stuck with Turning Wifi on.. I have no data connection and can't make a call. I've been having problems getting Xandroid to run so I flashed back to stock Verizon 6.5 rom.. reformatted SD card (fat32)..copied files to root directory of card..and thats where I am..
Old 03-10-2010, 08:40 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewb57 View Post
Wow... that took a long time to go through!

Amazing progress as usual though. Good job guys!

In an attempt to cut down on all the similar questions and answers cluttering the thread, it would be good if people headed over to the http://www.androidonhtc.com wiki and edited the Rhodium FAQ page I just created. I have dumped the old wiki FAQ and also the FAQ that has been compiled at the beginning of this thread. Anyone can create an account and edit the page to update it.

If you just take a couple minutes and post questions and answers that you come across in the wiki, everyone can benefit.

http://www.androidonhtc.com/wiki/Rhodium_FAQ is the direct link.

MrPippy or cflynt, can you include this link in the first post(s)?

Thanks.
Thx matthew for this...nice work!!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hurbin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
My phone gets stuck with Turning Wifi on.. I have no data connection and can't make a call. I've been having problems getting Xandroid to run so I flashed back to stock Verizon 6.5 rom.. reformatted SD card (fat32)..copied files to root directory of card..and thats where I am..
I was having the exact same problem with Verizon.

Make sure your SIM Card is removed from your phone. You shouldn't really even need WiFI for now.. but once you get booted into Android, go into settings > networks > wireless networks > (it will scan for networks) > and hit "select automatically". You might notice there is a blank name in the list of carriers it will show you, don't quote me.. but i'm guessing thats your CDMA provider. Anyhow, it should only take a few seconds, but it should register on the network and you should now have working 3g data. If this doesn't work, just make sure you follow all of the steps in the 1st and 3rd post.

*another tip..

Make 100% sure the build you are using from the kernel autobuild site actually works. You have to read through them sometimes to make sure certain changes they have made didn't effect anything major, so use your best judgement and try to find one that they say is the most stable and recent.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Thanks to matthewb57 for providing me with free hosting. When more packages are ready I will package them up and use the free file hosting from him. Makes it all quicker. Please give THANKS to "matthewb57" whenever you see a post by him, for providing the hosting!

Here is my original link for the "All in one package"...............can also be accessed from page one of this thread.

Original link:
3-6-2010 release:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=69

Last edited by flyers2114; 03-10-2010 at 09:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurbin View Post
I was having the exact same problem with Verizon.

Make sure your SIM Card is removed from your phone. You shouldn't really even need WiFI for now.. but once you get booted into Android, go into settings > networks > wireless networks > (it will scan for networks) > and hit "select automatically". You might notice there is a blank name in the list of carriers it will show you, don't quote me.. but i'm guessing thats your CDMA provider. Anyhow, it should only take a few seconds, but it should register on the network and you should now have working 3g data. If this doesn't work, just make sure you follow all of the steps in the 1st and 3rd post.

*another tip..

Make 100% sure the build you are using from the kernel autobuild site actually works. You have to read through them sometimes to make sure certain changes they have made didn't effect anything major, so use your best judgement and try to find one that they say is the most stable and recent.

Hope this helps.
---------------
thank you... will try removing the sim card... after you got your registered on the network...did you put your sim card back in?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jortiz12885 Send a message via Skype™ to jortiz12885

Is this the latest kernel we have to download: htc-msm-android@20100309_201223???
Old 03-10-2010, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

surge is keeping up the good worksurge is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
Is this the latest kernel we have to download: htc-msm-android@20100309_201223???

Yes it is.. You can always check the following link: http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/

Mouse over the Build log for all changes.

If a build makes something worse, simply revert back to your last image and modules files

You can also check http://gitorious.org/linux-on-qualcomm-s-msm/linux-msm to see more details on what's being worked on.

One more:
Here's the status of the rootfs.. I don't think these work as simple drop in replacements, but it's good to whet your appetite
http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootfs/
GSM Dev Thread: Click here
Latest Kernel and Module: Click here

Last edited by surge; 03-10-2010 at 09:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

I dont know if anyone else has tried but I added the force 3d command to the cmd line and I couldnt boot Android. Dont know if I just put it in wrong or what. Deleting the command booted it up fine.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:06 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
I dont know if anyone else has tried but I added the force 3d command to the cmd line and I couldnt boot Android. Dont know if I just put it in wrong or what. Deleting the command booted it up fine.
Not sure that works unless your on the new kernal and modules.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

surge is keeping up the good worksurge is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
It should work if you grab the latest image and modules file from http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/

htc-msm-android@20100309_201223
Make sure you are adding it in correctly. the startup file should have this line

set cmdline "msmvkeyb_toggle=off lcd.density=240 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 htc_hw.force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"

Also, the splash screen doesn't work so you'll get a black screen until it boots.. if it moves from the linux screen to a black screen, give it a minute or 2.

The first time I tried it, I thought my TP2 froze.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2