PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvasale View Post
Are you sure that's the updated one? The modules I got with the last kernel package were modules-2.6.27-00965-g1fdc0e4.tar. The one in your package were 2.6.2700962. I don't know how to check the zImage files to see if they're the updated ones or not either
The link I posted has the correct *NEW* kernel and modules. it contains modules 2.26.27.00965-xxxxx

Maybe uploader didnt know this was already done on page 57. Link to my post here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=570

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-10-2010 at 12:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
Way to ruin my day champ!

lol..

Better to kill the rumors now.. I'll just use the keyboard.. no more onscreen..
Hated to ruin anyone's day heh. Just didn't want a slew of posts come in asking why is my touchscreen still messed up heh.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:13 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvasale View Post
Are you sure that's the updated one? The modules I got with the last kernel package were modules-2.6.27-00965-g1fdc0e4.tar. The one in your package were 2.6.2700962. I don't know how to check the zImage files to see if they're the updated ones or not either
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
The link I posted has the correct *NEW* kernel and modules. it contains modules 2.26.27.00965-xxxxx

Maybe uploader didnt know this was already done on page 57. Link to my post here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=570

Yea I missed that Mackie...sorry...I took mine down....going to go delete the file...
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 PM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Yea I missed that Mackie...sorry...I took mine down....going to go delete the file...
If you want just fix it and ill take mine down. That way people dont get confused. I am not going to do anymore kernel and module update posts anymore, I will just wait on Pippy to release his stuff.

Make sure you use the new rootfs out of post 1, the startup.txt out of post 1, and the zimage and modules from glemsoms and it should work out nicely.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
If you want just fix it and ill take mine down. That way people dont get confused. I am not going to do anymore kernel and module update posts anymore, I will just wait on Pippy to release his stuff.
I know some find it confusing, but really, it isn't as difficult as some of you might think. Especially if you want to start with Mack's or Fly's prebuilt. When the time comes that you want to either use the latest rootfs.img that MrPippy has modded, or a new kernel/modules from glemsom, just copy the rootfs.img over the existing, delete the current zImage and modules files on your card and copy the new ones over as well. Don't forget to rename the kernel to zImage, but leave the modules what they are.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:19 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:

Make sure you use the new rootfs out of post 1, the startup.txt out of post 1, and the zimage and modules from glemsoms and it should work out nicely.
Yea that is fine give me a bit.....going to finish the kids taxes first this time...lol
Old 03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
V.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Yea that is fine give me a bit.....going to finish the kids taxes first this time...lol
Just let me know when you corrected it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:28 PM
V.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
I know some find it confusing, but really, it isn't as difficult as some of you might think. Especially if you want to start with Mack's or Fly's prebuilt. When the time comes that you want to either use the latest rootfs.img that MrPippy has modded, or a new kernel/modules from glemsom, just copy the rootfs.img over the existing, delete the current zImage and modules files on your card and copy the new ones over as well. Don't forget to rename the kernel to zImage, but leave the modules what they are.
lol i think people have told them countless times its not difficult but some still wanted it all in one extraction. Got spoiled I guess by Civic.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:51 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
lol i think people have told them countless times its not difficult but some still wanted it all in one extraction. Got spoiled I guess by Civic.
I would personally ask you to continue what you have been doing for ease of us for the community. Unless Pippy starts doing it in the first post perhaps you could continue to work together.

Keep doing it!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

hurbin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
---------------
thank you... will try removing the sim card... after you got your registered on the network...did you put your sim card back in?

Sorry for the delayed response. "i'm working" lol..

Nope, didn't put the sim card back in.. and honestly there really isn't any point to unless you plan on going overseas.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2