PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrm9 View Post
I had this same problem touch screen not accurate
You had the problem with Calkulin's ROM or just in general with a bad ts-calibration file?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

Jackrm9 is just getting started

i was using his 29mb rom with droid all in one build

sorry the problem was the calibration....

Last edited by Jackrm9; 03-10-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrm9 View Post
i was using his 29mb rom with droid all in one build

sorry the problem was the calibration....

Ok, kinda what I was thinking. So ya, that's why no matter what the other guy is doing with the ts-calibration file it is still causing him fits. I am running that ROM but I am booting to the SD card with my own copy of Android. So is the ts-calibration already on the device or does it create it on the device on first boot? If so, then hopefully it still can be deleted and then try again. Otherwise, I just recommend you copying the proper files to the SDCard and running it from there instead, Calkulin makes a shortcut to run Haret.exe on SD. Just run it instead once your files are on the SDCard.

Edit: Just wanted to point out, his 29MB ROM had a bug with Sound and wouldn't let in-call volume and mic work. You want to upgrade to his 28MB ROM if you haven't already.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

locomariachi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
locomariachi: OK, if you want to repartition your sd card, here's the super bare bones instructions on how to do it. There's probably an easier way, but a quick google search doesn't get me any closer to knowing what it is. WARNING: GParted is a powerful tool. If you touch your main hard drive with it, you can trash everything in an instant and be left with an unbootable computer. Be wary.

Backup your SD Card.
Download Ubuntu 9.10.
Burn to CD.
Boot into Ubuntu.
Connect your phone to the computer, in Mass Storage mode (from WinMo).
Open GParted. (From System menu -> Administration)
Select the SD Card. (Be Careful -- Here be dragons)
Delete ALL partitions.
Make 1 Primary partition, of type FAT32.
Reboot to Windows.
Replace your Android files.
Load Android.
Hope it worked.
Curse my name if it didn't.

Option 2:
Convince the devs to make the initramfs and rootfs boot correctly off these strangely-partitioned sd cards. This is a much trickier proposition, and involves social engineering and persuasion skills outside the scope of this tutorial.
Sweet tits! okay so I used the HP tool mentioned at page 52 or so, formatted this sd-card, put things on and bam I'm in there like swim wear. Ugh. To think I was fuggin around with all this instead of studying for my physical chem mid term. geez. how addicted am I to this flashing business eh? but anyway, thanks a ton! now its just getting to play with everything now!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So all this Android on WinMo stuff had me thinking- will a haret-loaded OS ever be good enough to be considered an acceptable alternative to actually BUYING an Android phone?

For the sake of science, I picked up my neighbor's old Vogue, and loaded up with http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...19980&page=172 (Myn's Warm Donut release)... HOLY SMOKES! We CLEARLY have what to look forward to!
This little Vogue with Donut Android totally smokes WM6.5 on my TP2 in performance- its as smooth as any modern OS and looks amazing. Full sounds, GPS (google navigation), market, video acceleration- you name it. Even power management gets it through almost an entire day on a charge (something I don't recall WM6 being able to do on it)!

Guys, anyone who doesn't believe we can get a decent Android experience out of our phones really MUST try the ports on an old Vogue/Touch. Its phenomenal!

I'm tempted to make this my primary phone until the TP2 port is finished... Keep it up!!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

matthewb57 is becoming a great contributor

Wow... that took a long time to go through!

Amazing progress as usual though. Good job guys!

In an attempt to cut down on all the similar questions and answers cluttering the thread, it would be good if people headed over to the http://www.androidonhtc.com wiki and edited the Rhodium FAQ page I just created. I have dumped the old wiki FAQ and also the FAQ that has been compiled at the beginning of this thread. Anyone can create an account and edit the page to update it.

If you just take a couple minutes and post questions and answers that you come across in the wiki, everyone can benefit.

http://www.androidonhtc.com/wiki/Rhodium_FAQ is the direct link.

MrPippy or cflynt, can you include this link in the first post(s)?

Thanks.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sliverr7x is keeping up the good worksliverr7x is keeping up the good work

what is root of the sd card or how do you put something on it
thanks how come civics builds were so easy to get but these are impossible I have tryied a million different thing and spent an hole day trying this out with success this is pissing my offff

Last edited by sliverr7x; 03-10-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neodarksaver is just getting started

I noticed that the numbers from the calibration are not perfect. Is there a way to create a ts calibration file that is perfect and share here between all TP2s?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPippy View Post
Android for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400/RHOD500)

Instructions
  • Thanks to flyers2114, there is a single zip file (3-6-2010 release) you can download that has all the files included. Otherwise, the long instructions are below
  • Download babijoee's latest XDANDROID release, and unzip it to the root of your SD card.
  • Download the latest kernel package from glemsom's kernel autobuild site. Untar the file (it's like unzipping -- 7-zip in windows can do this), rename zImage.xxxxxxxxx to zImage, and replace all zImage and modules* files in the root of your sdcard with these.
  • Download the rootfs zip attached to this post and unzip it. Move the file (should be called rootfs.img) to the root of your SD card, replacing the XDANDROID rootfs.
  • Download the startup.txt attached to this post, and copy it into the root of your SD card.
  • Using File Explorer, navigate to the Storage Card and run HaRET.exe to boot Android
  • Note that if you are upgrading from 95civic's builds, you should remove all Android-related files from your SD card except for data.img

Changelog
2010-03-09: Updated rootfs to fix arrow key mapping
2010-03-08: Updated startup.txt to fix g-sensor and virtual keyboard issues
2010-03-07: New version of the RIL: should be more reliable (i.e. not booting into Airplane mode as often), and Market now works! Also thanks to NeoMatrixJR, some keymap fixes

Feature Status
Working
  • CDMA Radio: phone calls, SMS
  • CDMA Data: only tested with Sprint, Verizon should work, MetroPCS, USCC and others may not
  • Earpiece/mic (only for phone calls)
  • WiFi (Networks with WEP encryption do not work, unprotected and WPA networks are fine)
  • Keyboard
  • Backlight control: turn off auto-dimming in WinMo if you want it to work
Semi-Working
  • Touchscreen: works but has glitches
  • Battery status:
  • Power management: Definitely a work in progress, don't expect more than maybe 8 hours on a charge.
Not Working
  • Sound (music, ringtones, etc.)
  • Speakerphone
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • GPS
  • Hardware 3D accel
  • USB Mass Storage

I do accept donations (and would also be very grateful for any computer engineering job leads in San Diego/SoCal), but remember there are many other people who have gotten HTC Linux to this point: phh, cr2, makkonen, dzo, and others
Very much like the update, will we get sound anytime soon? or is that a priority thats farther down the list?

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!! TP2 Toughbook CF19 Sprint WWAN
Carrier: SPRINT

morganlowe is keeping up the good workmorganlowe is keeping up the good work

Hey, for you having issues with your SD card, try this. Its the Panasonic SD format tool put out by the SD card association. I used it with much success for many projects, including this one. [Sorry if this is in this thread already...]

Ask me about cutting Vinyl Stickers in a PM!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2