PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggy4 View Post
Actually, I completely forgot about data :P I had been using the very early builds that didn't even have CDMA radio support yet, and now that data is working I'm very excited. But The order should have been CDMA radio, data, and sound. I don't believe that's been the order so far, is it?
The order hasn't exactly gone as planned, which is typical for any full OS port.

Take civic's last thread for example. He originally planned on getting the RIL tweaked to enable data, but ended up settling on Wifi first (with MrPippy) since it was a much easier task and was a workaround way to enable some form of data. Then the devs found out that the marketplace didn't work so they had to fix that, even though that wasn't planned... and so on

Quote:
See my most recent post for clarification on what I meant.
Bad news, TP2 reset during Google Account setup and selecting network.
That's "normal" Just keep trying and you'll eventually get in

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeter82 View Post
I can't get out of airplane mode. I have the 4 bars with the "x" and it says no service. I received a txt msg though...haha kinda weird.

I'm on verizon...any ideas?
Take out your SIM card and reboot Android
Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Sound is probably the least of importance to me. I think everything is going great. My order is probably Text > Data > Phone > GPS > Sound > Battery Stuff.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android
Carrier: Sprint

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

Quote:
Actually, I completely forgot about data :P I had been using the very early builds that didn't even have CDMA radio support yet, and now that data is working I'm very excited. But The order should have been CDMA radio, data, and sound. I don't believe that's been the order so far, is it?

But the good news is that I might not have to replace this junky TP2 with an Incredible now that development on the CDMA front is speeding along
Actually we don't know what's next, it has been cdma radio, data, and we are waiting for future releases to see what comes next. This was the first fairly stable release that had data in it.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

fraggy4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Sound is probably the least of importance to me. I think everything is going great. My order is probably Text > Data > Phone > GPS > Sound > Battery Stuff.
I believe Sound is fairly important to Phone
Old 03-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I believe Sound is fairly important to Phone
Again, to each his own.

Having a debate about which feature is most important is all relative; everyone here could argue why their feature is most important with valid arguments. But such a debate is asinine. The fact of the matter is, the devs get to decide what to work on next
Old 03-09-2010, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android
Carrier: Sprint

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Again, to each his own.

Having a debate about which feature is most important is all relative; everyone here could argue why their feature is most important with valid arguments. But such a debate is asinine. The fact of the matter is, the devs get to decide what to work on next
Not to mention there is a poll for this in the android sub forum

edit: here is the link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113492
Old 03-09-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Question: in the following link http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/ are linux kernal zImages. Is there any reason I would have a problem deleting my zImage and replacing with the most recent build?
Old 03-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX View Post
Not to mention there is a poll for this in the android sub forum

edit: here is the link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113492
Sound and power management seem to be the biggest wants.

Sounds about right
Old 03-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Question: in the following link http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/ are linux kernal zImages. Is there any reason I would have a problem deleting my zImage and replacing with the most recent build?
Shouldn't be. I just downloaded the newest and deleted the zimage and modules files off the SD card and replaced them with these 2 downloaded files. Don't forget to rename zimage********* (whatever numbers it has) to just "zimage" without the quotes. Mine is working fine.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-09-2010 at 06:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

coolshock1 is a n00b

data for verizon has been working all along on this build. make sure that your sim card is out and that after you boot up go into setting-wireless- network i believe. it will search for a network but won't show verizon. just select automatically choose I believe and you should be set. all of my posts but 1 in this thread have been made while running android excluding this one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2