PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggy4 View Post
I believe Sound is fairly important to Phone

I think everyone agrees that sound is important but the point (or complaint) you make about the development not being done in the correct order makes NO sense... and contributes nothing to this forum.

The android port is being done in bits and pieces by people who on their own time are trying to get everything working. So naturally, things won't be done in any particular order....

In literally 2 weeks, Android for the TP2 has gone from an obscure project for a few dedicated volunteers to this HUGE following with it own dedicated sub-forum.

It's not like they determined ahead of time that they were going to exclude "sound" from the project. No matter what order it happens, it's coming.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Question: in the following link http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/ are linux kernal zImages. Is there any reason I would have a problem deleting my zImage and replacing with the most recent build?

Well considering that is how the instructions lay it out, I would hope so! Yes, that is the idea behind it all, is use the latest kernel and modules, put MrPippy's latest rootfs.img and you are good. As new kernels get built you just put those in place.

Just make sure you include the modules that come with the kernel!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:51 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did this thread get quiet or is it just me?
Old 03-09-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

sd_matto is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Quiet is good, especially at the pace that this thread has been progressing. Gotta take a deep breath once in a while, after all!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I think everyone agrees that sound is important but the point (or complaint) you make about the development not being done in the correct order makes NO sense... and contributes nothing to this forum.

The android port is being done in bits and pieces by people who on their own time are trying to get everything working. So naturally, things won't be done in any particular order....

In literally 2 weeks, Android for the TP2 has gone from an obscure project for a few dedicated volunteers to this HUGE following with it own dedicated sub-forum.

It's not like they determined ahead of time that they were going to exclude "sound" from the project. No matter what order it happens, it's coming.
Amen to That. Please people do not abuse the generosity of these individuals who are not obliged to do this. Be nice and patient, and good things will come to you.

"Computer Maintenance Technician, Houston, TX"
Old 03-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

zeeter82 is a n00b

Thanks Eschelon

Do I even need to keep the sim card in here for regular use? I mean isn't the cdma sim card fake anyways?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeter82 View Post
Thanks Eschelon

Do I even need to keep the sim card in here for regular use? I mean isn't the cdma sim card fake anyways?
Unless you are going out of the country you don't need it. It isn't fake. But not really usable otherwise. Some have unlocked the SIM radio in the phone allowing them to take a card from a GSM network and use it in the phone, but I have to question WHY? If you are paying for CDMA service why do you need another service? But I am sure there are reasons, like work phone and personal etc, and wanting to have the numbers there. But in that case if they want to use the SIM for GSM, then they can use the GSM builds and have everything working there already, no need for this special build!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:15 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

can sum1 pls explain...i ger the process of how to get it up in running, @ 1st i did all in 1 zip which worked gud. but i also this mornin wanted 2 figure out how 2 do the long method...so i would have 2 rely on sum1 putting up a all in 1 everytime we get a update. so anyways i click the link 4 kernel sumthing an seen a new updated version 3/9 which of course is 2day an i know wasnt used 4 the all in 1 zip...

so wats changed, there were no notes? an if a major update came out wat files would they be shown as? sorry 4 not making it 2 clear an hope sum1 understands wat im trying 2 say

by da way, this andriod stuff is da shit. yesterday 4 da 1st time i 'flashed' andriod on my vogue (but its not activated, no data) so it was not as gud so then i seen this thread an desided 2 try it on tp2 which of course has data, an gud fun!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sliverr7x is keeping up the good worksliverr7x is keeping up the good work

is there something i am missing with extracting this quick link i have tryied a hundred times and it keeps telling me it cant find root.fs on the root of the sd card. how come this is different than 95civics never had a problems with his I am total commander and resexplore any other ideas thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neodarksaver is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
all of our phones are now quiet :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2