PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

superevilllama 03-09-2010 03:21 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy (Post 1618045)
Works great for me so far, downloaded some apps, made some calls, send some texts.. works really good... I almost rather use Android that Windows Phone.

Once some ringers work, it'll be great!

The only issue I ran into was text messages do not set off vibrate, only phone calls.

You can set up custom notifications for each application, and phone call, txt, email alerts. Go into each application or option, go into the menu and change your notifications there. You will then be able to specify whether it vibrates or not.

NxtGenCowboy 03-09-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superevilllama (Post 1618058)
You can set up custom notifications for each application, and phone call, txt, email alerts. Go into each application or option, go into the menu and change your notifications there. You will then be able to specify whether it vibrates or not.

Perfect... I do not know my way around Android yet.

Thanks! =D>

x10guy 03-09-2010 03:38 PM

Compliments to all the developers. This is really cool to play with. Functionality is pretty amazing considering this is a WM phone.

Right now it's cool to play with but once the battery and sound issues get worked out (there are others things but these are the 2 biggest IMO), I can imagine it being a used as an full-time legitimate alternative to Winmo.

LiquidX 03-09-2010 03:38 PM

lol you guys are killing me, I just had to read through like 30 pages to catch back up.

Out of curiosity, are we gonna have official "builds" or is it gonna be a watch each individual page and update as it goes kind of thing?

LiquidX 03-09-2010 03:41 PM

oh yeah, something that occurred to me, if you are on Sprint and have an Airave it quite possibly might be blocking your google maps from locating you. I know even in Winmo it can't pick up my location when I am hooked into the Airave, but as soon as I get away from it, it works great. I haven't left the house today to test if that is what's up with my location in Android yet, but just an fyi.

RobDFW 03-09-2010 03:48 PM

Mr. Pippy, we appreciate your (and all others involved) hard work! Just sent some donations your way. Android totally opens our phone to another world.

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 03:51 PM

Rut roh. From today!

http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/

eyeballz 03-09-2010 03:52 PM

im using that one. hardware accel seems to be working as good as it should at this point. It doesnt handle super games but it does seem to improve guis and stuff.

locomariachi 03-09-2010 03:54 PM

just formatted my card but still getting the same thing.

Running an fsck on the SD Card
dosfsck 2.0.1, 23 Nov 2008, FAT32, LFN
Logical sectgor size is zero.
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed: invalid argument
failed
failed to mount the SD card. Cannot continue.
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
/#

Eschelon 03-09-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedoig (Post 1617770)
Not sure if anyone else follows the IRC channel, but no2chem has jumped on board for Rhodium/Android development. He also mentioned a possible future update to his clock control program for MSM7xxx. Apparently bzo has control of the processor in increments of 19.2mhz under linux thanks to some of no2chem's notes. Exciting stuff...

I actually followed that channel yesterday and today. It's fun to watch no2chem fly. That guy is light years ahead of the rest of us :drunken: