PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

flyers2114 03-09-2010 02:30 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedoig (Post 1617770)
Not sure if anyone else follows the IRC channel, but no2chem has jumped on board for Rhodium/Android development. He also mentioned a possible future update to his clock control program for MSM7xxx. Apparently bzo has control of the processor in increments of 19.2mhz under linux thanks to some of no2chem's notes. Exciting stuff...

This is awesome news!! Thx!!:headbang:

TorgoJohnson 03-09-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superevilllama (Post 1617821)
I have noticed the rebooting issue too with this build. It seems after about 4 or so reboots everything seemed to work ok without any more reboots.

The second time I booted into Android, it froze up while initializing, and I had to do a battery pull. It booted back into Windows Mobile just fine though, and I have had no problems booting into Android since.

mrrogers1 03-09-2010 02:40 PM

I noticed the reboot issue too but only today after I tried the "All in One" zip. I ran most of the day yesterday on Android after using the "long" instruction method. Not sure what that is about but this is the first time I have ever seen it auto-reboot. I have used Civic's old one and again, the "long" instructions too without issue.

I'll see if letting it reboot a few times helps as posted above.

Thanks!

taziz 03-09-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrogers1 (Post 1617915)
I noticed the reboot issue too but only today after I tried the "All in One" zip. I ran most of the day yesterday on Android after using the "long" instruction method. Not sure what that is about but this is the first time I have ever seen it auto-reboot. I have used Civic's old one and again, the "long" instructions too without issue.

Thanks!

It seems like my phone is fried, I tried flashing the stock rom but it reboots right when I see the Windows 6.1 splash screen. I've left it to reboot about 6 or 7 times.

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrogers1 (Post 1617915)

Thanks!

Just curious, the long method and the short method is the same thing, not sure how that would make any difference? Only difference is who pieced it together.

EnemasRfun 03-09-2010 02:58 PM

firstly, hello all, i've never posted but i've been a long time follower of the android tp2 threads including civic's work. secondly, i know nothing about development, and thirdly, i have us cellular and just booted up the 3.8.10 build of android, and noticed that the 3G seems to seem like it is only sending, and not receiving (i got this by looking at the flashing arrows). i saw that mr. pippy said he wasn't sure about data on USCC, so i'm just pointing this out

eyeballz 03-09-2010 03:09 PM

hw3d.force=1 added to startup.txt gives you beta hardware 3d acceleration using latest zimage kernell...

im not sure what differences are present but it does load some apps quicker and transitions seems smoother....not smooth but smoother for apps that have multiple page redraws and such.

Anyone else experimenting with this in thier start up file.

There isnt a lot of feedback on this yet so i was just wondering how many brave users we have trying this out?

flyers2114 03-09-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1617964)
Just curious, the long method and the short method is the same thing, not sure how that would make any difference? Only difference is who pieced it together.

Thx I was going to say the same thing......

NxtGenCowboy 03-09-2010 03:19 PM

Works great for me so far, downloaded some apps, made some calls, send some texts.. works really good... I almost rather use Android that Windows Phone.

Once some ringers work, it'll be great!

The only issue I ran into was text messages do not set off vibrate, only phone calls.

superevilllama 03-09-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnemasRfun (Post 1617975)
firstly, hello all, i've never posted but i've been a long time follower of the android tp2 threads including civic's work. secondly, i know nothing about development, and thirdly, i have us cellular and just booted up the 3.8.10 build of android, and noticed that the 3G seems to seem like it is only sending, and not receiving (i got this by looking at the flashing arrows). i saw that mr. pippy said he wasn't sure about data on USCC, so i'm just pointing this out

Having used Android on the Vogue, I can say that you need to make sure your phone is provisioned for data in WINMO first before running android. If you just flashed, and then are tryign to run android and expect data to work it won't. I did this and had the sending arrow be the only one flashing as well. After provisioning data in winmo and then going back to android, it worked without a problem. Good luck!