PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

taziz 03-09-2010 02:00 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushco (Post 1617723)
"and the phone would reboot after the boot screen"

So your phone is in an endless reboot cycle? Try taking out the SD card - put the phone in bootloader mode and connect it to the computer. Try flashing the stock ROM.

Yup, endless reboot. Flashing the stock rom back on, hoping it's not a more serious hardware issue

Primenall 03-09-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violentz313 (Post 1617756)
with me its happening before i can even see the home screen

Yeah not sure, cause mine always got into the first screen or so, but when it would acquire the 3G it was done for, do you have the sim card in, with mine with the sim card in it couldn't acquire any 3G and booted fully, but no data or phone of course.

So we may have different reboot issues, maybe try a boot up with the sim in or maybe try turning on wifi in wimo before booting android, or even open EPST and change to CDMA ONLY then try booting Android to see how far ya get.

I'm no expert of course LOL, just what I'd try, good luck.

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taziz (Post 1617788)
Yup, endless reboot. Flashing the stock rom back on, hoping it's not a more serious hardware issue

sounds to me like this is more of a bootloader issue , the same one on Windows Mobile when the hspl needs to be upgraded. I would flash stock-clear storage- lock and unlock your phone again- and go from there. Android doesn't modify anything in the phone, your just running it off a storage card.

superevilllama 03-09-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taziz (Post 1617788)

I have noticed the rebooting issue too with this build. It seems after about 4 or so reboots everything seemed to work ok without any more reboots.

locomariachi 03-09-2010 02:13 PM

I'm getting this error

Mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed

any ideas?

erockvr6 03-09-2010 02:13 PM

did any1 else have their contacts get filed by last name first after syncing to gmail and then booting to android to sync contacts there, then when i go back to winmo they are last name first. not a biggy but kinda annoying

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erockvr6 (Post 1617834)
did any1 else have their contacts get filed by last name first after syncing to gmail and then booting to android to sync contacts there, then when i go back to winmo they are last name first. not a biggy but kinda annoying

Yeah use Contact Fix by www.shubaroo.com , you may need to re-run it daily or something.

this is a known issue for Google. Check their forums, we been asking for over a year to fix. Google blames it on Microsoft though. Notice how it works fine on Droid?

makkonen 03-09-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomariachi (Post 1617833)
I'm getting this error

Mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed

any ideas?

Your sdcard is probably partitioned differently. If so, you need to repartition it so that it just has one partition (yours probably has an extended partition with a logical partition within it).

GParted can do this, from an Ubuntu LiveCD. I'm sure there're also tools in Windows to do it, but I don't know what they are.

erockvr6 03-09-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1617843)
Yeah use Contact Fix by www.shubaroo.com , you may need to re-run it daily or something.

this is a known issue for Google. Check their forums, we been asking for over a year to fix. Google blames it on Microsoft though. Notice how it works fine on Droid?

haha, yea it does work great on droid, thanks for the link too.

locomariachi 03-09-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makkonen (Post 1617856)
Your sdcard is probably partitioned differently. If so, you need to repartition it so that it just has one partition (yours probably has an extended partition with a logical partition within it).

GParted can do this, from an Ubuntu LiveCD. I'm sure there're also tools in Windows to do it, but I don't know what they are.

ok so what are the settings i should use then?