PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

twolostminds 03-12-2010 02:31 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfxc13 (Post 1625398)
did you remove your sim card

](*,)](*,)](*,) Noob mistake ](*,)](*,)](*,)
Thanks

cyespocket 03-12-2010 02:38 PM

its weird...first time i ran android w/o the sim it worked like a charm..so i tried it again..with a sim in..and still working..anyone had the same experience? is it bad runnin android with the sim still in the phone?

lipidfats 03-12-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1624752)
Give this cab a try, places it in the root of the start menu. Just threw it together, if theres a want for it i will start updating cab as Mr. Pippy releases!

This cab installs android into root of storage card and creates a shortcut in root of start menu.
Android with Shortcut

This cab only creates a shortcut in start menu to haret located in root of storage card, for those with android already on storage card.
Android Shortcut Only

awesome, exactly what i was looking for. I already have it set up, so i'll definitely try the shortcut only cab! And YES you should start making cabs for latest releases, it would help a lot of noobs out that don't realize where to put the files and which to grab. People already like the zipped up files that someone else does, so a cab would be even better cause it has a shortcut. I think that's a bonus for the gsm tp2 thread at xda. People shout cab and everyone flocks ha. Hell, even i'd download it if it came out before i saw the new release.

fusion 03-12-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95-civic (Post 1616390)
I had no problems at all turning WIFI when the files are stored in a folder. Just make sure you are using the latest initrd.gz and add rel_path=Android into the cmdline in your startup.txt

I have placed all the android files from flyers zip into a folder named "Androidfs" on the root of my SD card.

I added rel_path=Androidfs to the startup.txt file in the "Androidfs" fil before the last set of quotes and I am getting an error when trying to load haret saying rel_path is invalid key.

Anyone able to help? besides saying put the files on the root of the sd.

Thanks!

dishe 03-12-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfxc13 (Post 1625398)
did you remove your sim card

MrPippy, I think we should add the following text to post 1 (in BIG RED LETTERS on top):

NOTE: IF YOUR PHONE CURRENTLY HAS A SIM CARD IN THE GSM SLOT, REMOVE IT BEFORE BOOTING ANDROID IF YOU WANT DATA. Some users have reported successful data even with the SIM card in, but it is highly recommended that you remove it, especially the first time.

^I think that would solve a great portion of the questions in this thread!

evsdr 03-12-2010 03:17 PM

if ill could charge the bat that it for me no more winmo for me everything working as stated in post one :headbang:thanks:headbang:

Eschelon 03-12-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusion (Post 1625543)
I have placed all the android files from flyers zip into a folder named "Androidfs" on the root of my SD card.

I added rel_path=Androidfs to the startup.txt file in the "Androidfs" fil before the last set of quotes and I am getting an error when trying to load haret saying rel_path is invalid key.

Anyone able to help? besides saying put the files on the root of the sd.

Thanks!

Remove the rel_path=androidfs text from your startup file, and then place all Android files in a folder on the storage card called 'andboot' (no quotes, all lowercase). Then cut the rootfs.img file from the andboot folder and paste it to the root of the storage card and leave the rest of the files in the andboot folder. Then run haret

fusion 03-12-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon (Post 1625669)
Remove the rel_path=androidfs text from your startup file, and then place all Android files in a folder on the storage card called 'andboot' (no quotes, all lowercase). Then cut the rootfs.img file from the andboot folder and paste it to the root of the storage card and leave the rest of the files in the andboot folder. Then run haret

Thanks Esch! :headbang:

tpdjr 03-12-2010 04:06 PM

does anybody know when the next release will come out and will it fix how long the battery lasts?

00_MACKIE_00 03-12-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpdjr (Post 1625771)
does anybody know when the next release will come out and will it fix how long the battery lasts?

No idea, nobody knows. You can check the first post, theres a changelog on it. :headbang: