PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

steveholtam 03-11-2010 06:45 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by kain125 (Post 1623624)
Are they going to work on power management because its battery life with android is rather poor

Nope. They are all done.

Or you can read and clearly see the known issues before asking another silly question. The first few posts are the best.

Eschelon 03-11-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspitman (Post 1623623)
So how do I check the partition table on my SD card?

There's lots of free utilities to do it, just google to find them. In fact, there are links to several partition utilities posted in this thread alone.

Or, if you want to just nuke the sucker, makkonen posted a handy guide here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=525

In the interest of keeping the thread as clutter-free as possible, that's as far as I can help you

Quote:

Originally Posted by kain125 (Post 1623624)
Ok Are they going to work on power management because its battery life with android is rather poor

They're working on it now. No ETA, though. Obviously...

steveholtam 03-11-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bytethegroove (Post 1623591)
I believe if this thread was more organized, development should be smoother and faster for everyone....
IE...devs dont have to search for a hour or more through useless posts to find the useful ones, therefore their time (which is free for the most part) isn't waisted, therefore in return we get better, faster updates (ideally)...

I agree that people should do all the searching and reading the first few posts before asking questions, but I doubt the devs are using this thread for anything of importance. Basic error reporting after new versions would be about it for them.

I hope they have less public areas for them to do their stuff (IRC's, XDA, etc.). If they are using this thread for actual development, god help us all. :mrgreen:

clifftrue 03-11-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveholtam (Post 1623641)
I agree that people should do all the searching and reading the first few posts before asking questions, but I doubt the devs are using this thread for anything of importance. Basic error reporting after new versions would be about it for them.

I hope they have less public areas for them to do their stuff (IRC's, XDA, etc.). If they are using this thread for actual development, god help us all. :mrgreen:

Too bad the forum would not let you post until you have at least visited the first page of the thread. That would reduce some of the repeated posts.

skuddy 03-11-2010 07:19 PM

so if my wireless at my store was running well i would be set. -.-

504boynola 03-11-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflynt (Post 1623300)
Hate to break it to you but GPS isn't buggy, it flat out doesn't work! :) The location you are seeing is from Cell Towers not GPS.

im having major issues with trying to switch over to the android can you help

biff6789 03-11-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 504boynola (Post 1623783)

huh?... :scratch:

eman 03-11-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 504boynola (Post 1623783)

Sure, try pushing the buttons in this order.....Power, volume up, volume down, soft reset, then a street fighter combo of right, right, left, left, up.....Oh wait, the TP2 doesn't have a dpad.........

Seriously, do you think someone can really help you if you do not post anything you have even done or what your issue even is!

subzero1313 03-11-2010 08:23 PM

Alright, so I haven't followed the Android on TP2 scene at all, but Im getting curious. Can someone give me a quick rundown? What works? What doesn't? How hard it is to setup? Do I just download and unzip that 1 file? Any help is much appreciated, Ill be reading up now

rushco 03-11-2010 08:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313
Alright, so I haven't followed the Android on TP2 scene at all, but Im getting curious. Can someone give me a quick rundown? What works? What doesn't? How hard it is to setup? Do I just download and unzip that 1 file? Any help is much appreciated, Ill be reading up now

lol

*flaming goes here*

lol