PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

pts69666 07-31-2010 04:51 AM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprisingh89 (Post 1891320)
for some raeason i can't get your android thing to work on my touch pro...i have took the sim card out still the same thing :/ ...plzzz help.

what is the exact issue you are having?

lakers1005 08-03-2010 02:20 PM

Hello everyone, I finally got the project android working on my sprint touch pro 2. However, I have NO SERVICE. I have taken out the sim card and restarted the phone 4 times. Still, no service. I am out of ideas. can someones assist me please?

matchstickredgti 08-03-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakers1005 (Post 1896298)
Hello everyone, I finally got the project android working on my sprint touch pro 2. However, I have NO SERVICE. I have taken out the sim card and restarted the phone 4 times. Still, no service. I am out of ideas. can someones assist me please?

Make sure you have the Force CDMA option checked, and that Airplane mode isn't on.

lakers1005 08-03-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1896454)
Make sure you have the Force CDMA option checked, and that Airplane mode isn't on.

Thanks. I was running harot off the sd card instead of the android utilty app. I ran the utility app and forced cdma. Airplane mode was on automatically. I have been trying to get airplane mode off but it says enabling wireless connection and just freezes. I go out of the menu and back in and still airplane mode is checked. any ideas? I am so close to finally getting it to work.

matchstickredgti 08-03-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakers1005 (Post 1896480)
Thanks. I was running harot off the sd card instead of the android utilty app. I ran the utility app and forced cdma. Airplane mode was on automatically. I have been trying to get airplane mode off but it says enabling wireless connection and just freezes. I go out of the menu and back in and still airplane mode is checked. any ideas? I am so close to finally getting it to work.

Maybe try deleting all the Android files off your SD and start clean. Other than that, I'm not too sure, sorry.

Xypher Orion 08-05-2010 07:52 AM

The FAQ still says you can't use CDMA data without removing your SIM card. This has apparently been fixed, as my data works just fine with the 07-21-2010 build, both 3G and WiFi! I'm on Verizon.

neudof 08-05-2010 01:41 PM

Does anyone here know of a way to boot to android if you are overclocked in WM? When I am overclocked, the launcher hangs with the Haret taskbar at the bottom of the screen and I need to soft reset...

is there something in HAret that checks the cpu speed, and if so can it be updated?

nuke072786 08-09-2010 04:39 PM

Wow, the latest build works surprisingly well, I like it. Is this more of a proof of concept thing? I don't see how useful it is as an actual phone with no sound/incoming ring tones working. Is there a better build that is best to use if you want to use android daily on the TP2 and have your phone ring?

matchstickredgti 08-09-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuke072786 (Post 1905042)
Wow, the latest build works surprisingly well, I like it. Is this more of a proof of concept thing? I don't see how useful it is as an actual phone with no sound/incoming ring tones working. Is there a better build that is best to use if you want to use android daily on the TP2 and have your phone ring?

I find it just as useful without any sounds. That's why we have the vibration feature. If you want a better build with sound, you'll have to buy a phone that comes with Android on it. The 7/21 is the latest build.

nuke072786 08-09-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1905060)
I find it just as useful without any sounds. That's why we have the vibration feature. If you want a better build with sound, you'll have to buy a phone that comes with Android on it. The 7/21 is the latest build.

Yes, the vibrate feature is useful, i think I will try it out for a while is. The beauty is that if you ever need to you can easily fire WMO back up!
Thanks and keep up the great work.