PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

bdurst08 08-12-2010 08:34 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by [sammich] (Post 1908400)
Syncing contacts with Google while using Android will NOT affect your WM contacts in any way :)

True but i thought the only way to get your contacts from winmo is setting up a active sync account. the problem that i have run into is that i normally use myphone to back up, and myphone will not sync if you have an active sync set up. So when you delete your active sync and run myphone again it will delete them from your phone. and you have to go into ur account and restore them.
That is my experience of using google to get my contacts from winmo and back....

bdurst08 08-12-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdinog (Post 1908589)
Thanks Sammich, but don't I have to synch with Google while on Windows 1st in order to get them synched up on Android? That is my question. If I synch with Google via activesynch while in Windows, will it affect my ability to synch via myphone? thanks again!

That has been my experience...see my 2 posts right after yours.

bdurst08 08-12-2010 08:42 PM

Sorry about the 3x posts... this might be a dumb question. But since android in running off od our SD cards what ways are there to potentially make it run faster? Will a larger SD card help or is it still dependent on the CPU speed of the TP2's?

Thanks!

ink718 08-13-2010 05:41 AM

Its dependent on the CPU mainly. A high class of a SD card will help but its the CPU of course. Plus anything installed on your SD card and running it, for example if you install iGo on your SD card and your TP2 is reading the app from the SD card, it will consume more battery and work perhaps a bit slower than if it was installed on your phone memory.

bdurst08 08-13-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ink718 (Post 1909663)
Its dependent on the CPU mainly. A high class of a SD card will help but its the CPU of course. Plus anything installed on your SD card and running it, for example if you install iGo on your SD card and your TP2 is reading the app from the SD card, it will consume more battery and work perhaps a bit slower than if it was installed on your phone memory.

Thats what I was thinking too but I wasn't sure. Thanks for responding.

DavidinCT 08-20-2010 06:02 PM

Never mind, been reading for a while I think I found all the answers...giving it a shot now to see how well it runs...

wizholt7 10-09-2010 02:44 PM

I downloaded and installed the cab from Downloads - Project Android, and it is running fairly smoothly, better than the original project from march or so. On this build, it overclocks the CPU from 528mhz to 700mhz (but can go up to 728mhz). It says it is stable, but I'm worried about this harming my phone...anyone have any thoughts on that?

Also, the speakers work with programs like Pandora, but not for phone calls, like in the settings the only option is to have it on silent. Anyone know if there is a fix for this or if there will be?

Sorry if this stuff has been answered, I researched the problems first, but with a 191 page thread, I can't read every post lol

proxhack 10-09-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizholt7 (Post 1969974)
I downloaded and installed the cab from Downloads - Project Android, and it is running fairly smoothly, better than the original project from march or so. On this build, it overclocks the CPU from 528mhz to 700mhz (but can go up to 728mhz). It says it is stable, but I'm worried about this harming my phone...anyone have any thoughts on that?

Also, the speakers work with programs like Pandora, but not for phone calls, like in the settings the only option is to have it on silent. Anyone know if there is a fix for this or if there will be?

Sorry if this stuff has been answered, I researched the problems first, but with a 191 page thread, I can't read every post lol

The only way to fix the silent issue is to reformat the sd card, look at the thread that says stuck on silent mode to download a program to get it done.
I have my phone set at 728 and it has been working fine.

icevapor 10-09-2010 06:35 PM

Hey, I did a search and didn't notice this anywhere, but how do you turn off the screen while on the phone?

proxhack 10-09-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icevapor (Post 1970119)
Hey, I did a search and didn't notice this anywhere, but how do you turn off the screen while on the phone?

go here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...lent-mode.html

with the 10-4 from refer and the kernel and zImage update you turn the phone off the same way as being on windows.