PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

mrrogers1 07-28-2010 04:20 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELOHIM (Post 1887161)
Hi,

I must say finding this thread is a dream come true for me. Just wondering if anyone was able to get Android installed and functioning properly on their TP2? If so can you walk through the steps with me from start to finish? Thanks in advance.

You are kinding right..... I think you need to a) start from the top and read rather than asking for a hand holding from start to finish THEN b) move from this thread to this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400

ELOHIM 07-28-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrogers1 (Post 1887176)
You are kinding right..... I think you need to a) start from the top and read rather than asking for a hand holding from start to finish THEN b) move from this thread to this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400

whoa someone has absolutely nothing to do all day (mrrogers1) are you touching a little boy while replying to posts'? Fortunately I have a life and would rather not read through 187 pages of posts to only end up with a phone that's a brick… I was just hoping someone had a quick, easy tried and true guide to getting this done… I thought this was a place to come when you needed help not insults thanks but no thanks mrrogers1 …

Since you seem to have tons of time on your hand how about you visit this site and spend some time reading its material. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+1&version=NIV

No1ustad 07-28-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELOHIM (Post 1887212)
whoa someone has absolutely nothing to do all day (mrrogers1) are you touching a little boy while replying to posts'? Fortunately I have a life and would rather not read through 187 pages of posts to only end up with a phone that's a brick… I was just hoping someone had a quick, easy tried and true guide to getting this done… I thought this was a place to come when you needed help not insults thanks but no thanks mrrogers1 …

Since you seem to have tons of time on your hand how about you visit this site and spend some time reading its material. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+1&version=NIV

if ur gonna attack him back, jeez, at least do a better job than that...

pts69666 07-28-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

wow... i know im not one to talk, but lets look at post count here... ah thats wright...

anyway, go to the other thread. you dont need to read all the 188 pages or whatever... read the first page...

it tells you whats working and whats not. download the cab, install it, run haret.exe and enjoy android. just please don't post stuff asking why sound don't work...

mrrogers1 07-29-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ustad (Post 1887215)
if ur gonna attack him back, jeez, at least do a better job than that...

Quote:

Your post is laughable.... really. First of all, I insulted no one, but you must have felt it was insulting of me to tell you, with less than 5 posts, having not read any of this or the other main Android thread to stop being lazy and explore for yourself AND then actually told you where to go... I certainly didn't imply that you were pedophile.... then refer someone to the bible... HA HA! Sure thing buddy.... I think you might want to spend some more time reading the good book. ;-)

Just to recap what I did;

1) I told you to read. The first post would have set you on your way, if you didn't get it, you read some more, that's how learning works, right?

2) I told you not to come in here asking for someone to hold your hand. This is a "do it yourself and lend a hand from your learnings" type of community. If you can't read far enough to do better than "can somone tell me from start to finish how to do it", then you are certainly not in the right place and will probably brick your phone.

3) Pointed you to the most current Android build thread which, if you find time in your busy day to read the first post, will tell you, again, how to get this working.

Good luck holy man... HA HA!

[sammich] 07-29-2010 11:32 AM

Drop it, this is not the place to attack eachother. If you have an issue with another member, take it up via PM. Y'all should take a deep breath, go fire off a few rounds at the range/read the bible/whatever calms you down, and come back to this thread to have PRODUCTIVE conversation. :)

As for the instructions, the are in the first post of the thread. If you missed them, here they are:

Quote:

Instructions
  • Thanks to flyers2114, there is a single zip file you can download that has all the files included. Otherwise, the long instructions are below
  • Download babijoee's latest XDANDROID release, and unzip it to the root of your SD card.
  • Download the latest kernel package from glemsom's kernel autobuild site. Untar the file (it's like unzipping -- 7-zip in windows can do this), rename zImage.xxxxxxxxx to zImage, and replace all zImage and modules* files in the root of your sdcard with these.
  • Download the rootfs zip attached to this post and unzip it. Move the file (should be called rootfs.img) to the root of your SD card, replacing the XDANDROID rootfs.
  • Download the startup.txt attached to this post, and copy it into the root of your SD card.
  • Using File Explorer, navigate to the Storage Card and run HaRET.exe to boot Android
  • Note that if you are upgrading from 95civic's builds, you should remove all Android-related files from your SD card except for data.img

Thanks, and Gig 'Em

proxhack 07-29-2010 11:49 AM

ELOHIM VS MRROGERS

While a man was flashing his new TP2 , his 4 yr old son picked up a stone and scratched lines on the screen of the phone. In anger, the man took the child's hand and hit it many times; not realizing he was using a wrench. At the hospital, the child lost all his fingers due to multiple fractures. When the child saw his father.....with painful eyes he asked, 'Dad when will my fingers grow back?' The man was so hurt and speechless; he went back to his phone and kicked it a lot of times. Devastated by his own actions.......sitting in front of that phone he looked at the scratches; the child had written 'LOVE YOU DAD'. The next day that man committed suicide. . . Anger and Love have no limits...... Things are to be used and people are to be loved, but the problem in today's world is that, People are used and things are loved... During this year, let's be careful to keep this thought in mind: Things are to be used, but People are to be loved ...

Be yourself.... But remember actions and words said in anger can never be taken back!

This is the only day we HAVE.

ELOHIM 07-30-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [sammich] (Post 1888220)
Drop it, this is not the place to attack eachother. If you have an issue with another member, take it up via PM. Y'all should take a deep breath, go fire off a few rounds at the range/read the bible/whatever calms you down, and come back to this thread to have PRODUCTIVE conversation. :)

As for the instructions, the are in the first post of the thread. If you missed them, here they are:

Thanks, and Gig 'Em

Thanks a ton for the help guys… A “FRIEND” recommended this site to me and as you can probably tell by the number of posts I have only limited experience with using it. My friend mentioned this site being user friendly and an extremely helpful community of users that would assist you with any questions you might have regarding Smartphone’s (PPC’s). Again thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’ll see what wonderful things come from this adventure. See you guys around, GOD bless.

pts69666 07-30-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELOHIM (Post 1889766)
Thanks a ton for the help guys… A “FRIEND” recommended this site to me and as you can probably tell by the number of posts I have only limited experience with using it. My friend mentioned this site being user friendly and an extremely helpful community of users that would assist you with any questions you might have regarding Smartphone’s (PPC’s). Again thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’ll see what wonderful things come from this adventure. See you guys around, GOD bless.

This site is a great community. Only thing is that they have some expectations. First off, they expect you to read a few things. If you can't find what you are looking for, use the search function. Let me tell you, the reason this thread is almost 200 pages is because people don't use the search function and ask the same questions over and over again after they've been asked. If once you have read a few posts and used the search function you still have questions, this community is great about helping people out. Just don't start trying to blow up at people for telling you to use the search function or to read.

caprisingh89 07-31-2010 03:53 AM

for some raeason i can't get your android thing to work on my touch pro...i have took the sim card out still the same thing :/ ...plzzz help.