PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

sweena1 03-09-2010 04:35 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

And the updates keep coming. Now the keyboard and g-sensor are working.

Mr. Pippy - I made my first donation to the cause and in support of what the future will bring. I've never done it before, but you are making me a believer. I hope others are feeling the same way!

Mazzakre 03-09-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweena1 (Post 1618269)
And the updates keep coming. Now the keyboard and g-sensor are working.

Mr. Pippy - I made my first donation to the cause and in support of what the future will bring. I've never done it before, but you are making me a believer. I hope others are feeling the same way!

Keyboard and g-sensor were already working. Is there an improvement? Is that what Mackie posted a few pages back? I went to the link and couldnt understand any of it lol. Mind posting some instructions/info?

neodarksaver 03-09-2010 04:51 PM

OK,
Left is mapped to left
Right is mapped to up
Down is mapped to right
Up is mapped to down.

Finally figured this out.

and another issue. the phone cant be charged when running android eh?

sp4150 03-09-2010 04:52 PM

im am really starting to enjoy booting into android but would like to know if we will soon be getting hero 2.1 build?

skruff77 03-09-2010 04:53 PM

im on verizon and i get 3g network this is cool. i was reading that pople on verizon cant get network but i got it. lol now i just need to test mms to see if it works

surge 03-09-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeballz (Post 1618017)
hw3d.force=1 added to startup.txt gives you beta hardware 3d acceleration using latest zimage kernell...

im not sure what differences are present but it does load some apps quicker and transitions seems smoother....not smooth but smoother for apps that have multiple page redraws and such.

Anyone else experimenting with this in thier start up file.

There isnt a lot of feedback on this yet so i was just wondering how many brave users we have trying this out?

I saw the same thing and updated my image and modules and added hw3d.force=1 to my startup file.

I had a game on there called Light Racer 3D Basic and it ran pretty bad so I figured this would be a good test.. the game gets through the menus but the actual game play doesn't work so I can't tell if it works any faster.

The menus all seem snappier, but that could also just be the brain playing tricks :)

sliverr7x 03-09-2010 05:05 PM

I need some help alright I dl the easy zip to my sd card I made a new folder in my sd card and unziped the contents to the android folder I opened it up and hit haret.exe it started up but for the ninth time I keep getting can not find root of sd card Root.rs needs to be unzipped to the root of sd card... I tryed brand new sd card and I have never had a problem with civics builds,Enless I am missing something about the root of the sd card and were to but it. thanks

eyeballz 03-09-2010 05:06 PM

i do niot remember the fluid transitions without the hardware calls in the startup.txt.

Im too lazy to revert back to check it out. I also noticed the directv app works faster now and so does pandora....albeit no sound..... I think i could really test this as a daily user with powermgmt and sound. working.

I absolutely love the speed at which this is progressiing.

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 05:08 PM

So is anyone working on sound at all?

Is this something that comes from the zImage or what?

chapinhacker 03-09-2010 05:09 PM

damn it finally i made it to page 52 after 6 hours of reading.

i read all peoples issues. but most of them the answears are in the first page.

1 thing i notice is your led light won't be green if you have many apps open. keep that in mind.

1 another thing is this forum is moving so fast to catch up. lol

thanks to all the people helping each other and special thanks to mrpipy and Civic for all the effort in this project.

GRACIAS