PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

biff6789 03-11-2010 09:29 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

So when major changes roll down the pipeline (like wifi, data, sounds, etc...) where do they come from? And by that I mean which part of the port? Are these usually from babijoee's XDAndroid thread (MrPippy's first instruction in the first post), or are they from the glemsom kernel builds (MrPippy's second instruction in the first post)?

00_MACKIE_00 03-11-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biff6789 (Post 1624015)
So when major changes roll down the pipeline (like wifi, data, sounds, etc...) where do they come from? And by that I mean which part of the port? Are these usually from babijoee's XDAndroid thread, or are they from the glemsom kernel builds?

post # 1 - thats it!

Eschelon 03-11-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1624020)
post # 1 - thats it!

I think he's asking which of those two parts actually contain the major enhancements to the build when they come out... In other words, when data got working, did that come from babijoee's full OS build over at XDA, or do they come from the daily kernel updates from phhusson et. al. over at glemsom

EGOvoruhk 03-11-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biff6789 (Post 1624015)
So when major changes roll down the pipeline (like wifi, data, sounds, etc...) where do they come from? And by that I mean which part of the port? Are these usually from babijoee's XDAndroid thread (MrPippy's first instruction in the first post), or are they from the glemsom kernel builds (MrPippy's second instruction in the first post)?

Most everyone is a collaborator here: http://gitorious.org/xdandroid-eclair including our very own MrPippy. Everything usually either comes from there, or is built specifically for stuff like when the first CDMA builds started happening, and then everything ended up back there. Sometime in the near future you'll no longer have to download the rootfs from the first page, you'll just be able to pick up an autobuild

gmfeny 03-11-2010 09:51 PM

I need help guys I'm trying to get this running but where do I put the files? And after I install how do I open it there isn't a shortcut in the programs menu?

Eschelon 03-11-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 1624079)
I need help guys I'm trying to get this running but where do I put the files? And after I install how do I open it there isn't a shortcut in the programs menu?

Hardy har har

Seriously, though. If you hadn't posted in here before showing us that you already know what you're doing, the tension in this thread might have reached critical mass ;)

00_MACKIE_00 03-11-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 1624079)

lol....How do we flash this ? Is this like a rom?

fr0st 03-11-2010 10:03 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/958; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

why isnt there any sound? I even tried to plug in my headphones!

gmfeny 03-11-2010 10:05 PM

lol I thought I would pull a fast one on ya... ha oh well thanx anyways for the help... And good job Eschelon with searching my old post everybody take notes lol.

rushco 03-11-2010 10:06 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

i would say we should take the 20 most asked questions and create a faq but that has already been done. :(

00_MACKIE_00 03-11-2010 10:36 PM

I click on haret and it says loading Linux, I thought this was Android?

Eschelon 03-11-2010 10:38 PM

Well, I will admit that I have a little sympathy for some of the n00bs who come in here asking basic questions. I've never been a search nazi. After all, we've all been there (heh, I remember the day way back when I asked someone what the HardSPL unlock was :oops: )... so, again, we've all been there. And anyone who has ever joined a brand new forum out there on the net knows that sometimes it's hard to navigate and find what you're looking for at first blush

That being said, if you're competent enough to find the proper thread to post your question in, it's only common sense that you would also read the first post or two in that same thread before asking anything. Well, it seems like that would be common sense to me, at least...

I've come to the conclusion that the people that get yelled at about searching first generally have no clue what they're doing in the first place. Otherwise they would have searched/read the FAQ on their own first, right?

biff6789 03-11-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon (Post 1624202)
Well, I will admit that I have a little sympathy for some of the n00bs who come in here asking basic questions. I've never been a search nazi. After all, we've all been there (heh, I remember the day way back when I asked someone what the HardSPL unlock was :oops: )... so, again, we've all been there. And anyone who has ever joined a brand new forum out there on the net knows that sometimes it's hard to navigate and find what you're looking for at first blush

That being said, if you're competent enough to find the proper thread to post your question in, it's only common sense that you would also read the first post or two in that same thread before asking anything. Well, it seems like that would be common sense to me, at least...

I've come to the conclusion that the people that get yelled at about searching first generally have no clue what they're doing in the first place. Otherwise they would have searched/read the FAQ on their own first, right?

Well said :headbang:

citats 03-11-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1624195)

? Android is Linux... Haret is also used to load ubuntu on the tp2.

rushco 03-11-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon

I think if you are here then you probably were in the touch pro 2 part of the forum. You should have some idea how this works.

This also was just started so it shouldn't be that hard to find what you need. If you just joined the touch pro 2 forum you will see 300 pages and won't know what to do. With 2 pages here it should be easy to catch up. Thanks to all the repeated questions this part is already 3 times larger than it needs to be.

I say we could start this over and just keep all the posts explaining what to do so everyone can find things. But if we did that I'm sure it will end up how it is right now.

Eschelon 03-11-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushco (Post 1624223)
I think if you are here then you probably were in the touch pro 2 part of the forum. You should have some idea how this works.

This also was just started so it shouldn't be that hard to find what you need. If you just joined the touch pro 2 forum you will see 300 pages and won't know what to do. With 2 pages here it should be easy to catch up. Thanks to all the repeated questions this part is already 3 times larger than it needs to be.

I say we could start this over and just keep all the posts explaining what to do so everyone can find things. But if we did that I'm sure it will end up how it is right now.

Happens to every ROM thread :razz:

ps3evader 03-11-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biff6789 (Post 1624213)
Well said :headbang:

i agree man

subzero1313 03-11-2010 11:33 PM

I generally try to read up heavily before I attempt to do anything potential harmful to my phone. I was asking a basic question because if it was too hard/too much didn't work I wasn't going to bother. I figured(like most I assume) asking a quick question is a lot easier than swimming through 100 pages of replies.

kitts 03-11-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by citats (Post 1624220)

Seriously? lol

Eschelon 03-11-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1624312)
I generally try to read up heavily before I attempt to do anything potential harmful to my phone. I was asking a basic question because if it was too hard/too much didn't work I wasn't going to bother. I figured(like most I assume) asking a quick question is a lot easier than swimming through 100 pages of replies.

Just download flyers' package that is linked on the first post and then unzip it to the root of your storage card. Once that's done, just load the haret.exe app that's packed in with it and you're off :thumbleft:

kitts 03-11-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Just read first post and a couple of pages! Loading Android coldn't be simpler.

It is easier than going to a supermarket and buy a gallon milk!

rushco 03-11-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon
Quote:

Just download flyers' package that is linked on the first thread and then unzip it to the root of your storage card. Once that's done, just load the haret.exe app that's packed in with it and you're off :thumbleft:

take the sim card out.

zeeyo987 03-11-2010 11:51 PM

thanks guys i got almost everything up, i downloaded the beautiful widget.apk, where do i install it on the sd card, i put it in the android apps then other folder, but its not working, thanks guys

citats 03-11-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitts (Post 1624313)
Seriously? lol

Yes Seriously
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=640785

kitts 03-11-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeyo987 (Post 1624344)
thanks guys i got almost everything up, i downloaded the beautiful widget.apk, where do i install it on the sd card, i put it in the android apps then other folder, but its not working, thanks guys

open the apk from the file explorer.. it will ask if you want to install it.

zeeyo987 03-11-2010 11:54 PM

oh yea and when i press the end button to turn the screen on it just turns black and looks off but is still on and the led light stays lit orange

kitts 03-11-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeyo987 (Post 1624354)
oh yea and when i press the end button to turn the screen on it just turns black and looks off but is still on and the led light stays lit orange

Disable the auto dimming backlight in WM before you click haret.exe

zeeyo987 03-11-2010 11:58 PM

where is the file manager located thanks kitts

mikenerd 03-11-2010 11:58 PM

I am having a problem. I was running android and put my phone down for 30 minutes and now its dead. It wont turn on. I took out the battery and everything. HELP!!!!

kitts 03-12-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenerd (Post 1624367)
I am having a problem. I was running android and put my phone down for 30 minutes and now its dead. It wont turn on. I took out the battery and everything. HELP!!!!

Most probably your battery is dead. So Plug the charger, and keep it for 5 minutes, then turn on your phone, voila!

kitts 03-12-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeyo987 (Post 1624363)

There is the Astro File manager in your programs list, or download one from the Android App market.

mikenerd 03-12-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitts (Post 1624375)
Most probably your battery is dead. So Plug the charger, and keep it for 5 minutes, then turn on your phone, voila!

trying now.... thanks

rushco 03-12-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeyo987 (Post 1624344)

open the apk from the file explorer.. it will ask if you want to install it.

for me it said it was already installed. so i uninstalled it then reinstalled it and it worked.

hope this helps.

Eschelon 03-12-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeyo987 (Post 1624354)

This is done on purpose by the developers so that they can monitor power usage as they work with Android. Green means full sleep, orange means it's not fully sleeping. This is for diagnostic purposes only. Although someone suggested to phhusson that he use the mute button light on the back of the TP2 instead. He said he might try that if he can map it
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitts (Post 1624359)
Disable the auto dimming backlight in WM before you click haret.exe

The LED will still show up if you do this. It's been temporarily hard-wired in by the devs to do this no matter what
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeyo987 (Post 1624363)

There isn't one cooked in. Go into Market and downlaod Astro file manager
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenerd (Post 1624367)

Due to power management issues, Android burns your battery at 15-20% per hour so don't expect your phone to last long while running Android. And no, you can't charge while you're in Android. Remember, this is still being developed so many features aren't working yet

mikenerd 03-12-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenerd (Post 1624380)
trying now.... thanks

Eureka! What a rookie mistake. LOL Boy, I am dumb. Thanks

Boominsvx 03-12-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1624195)

Quote:

Originally Posted by citats (Post 1624220)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitts (Post 1624313)
Seriously? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by citats (Post 1624346)

HA!

Now look what you guys did. lol

MogulPPCLuv 03-12-2010 12:24 AM

Hi. I installed to root and I am on the Sprint network but I have a few issues.

Voice. I can make calls but no one can hear me.
Data. Can't connect to Market.

I haven't tried SMS yet but I'd really love for voice to work. I'll try the call in WM trick too.

kitts 03-12-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MogulPPCLuv (Post 1624426)

I haven't tried SMS yet but I'd really love for voice to work. I'll try the call in WM trick too.

Voice aand Data is working for most of us. Do you have the latest build(From the first post, obviously)?

EDIT: Please hit Thanks button, if I helped you!

rushco 03-12-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MogulPPCLuv

is the sim card in or out?

darlanth 03-12-2010 02:50 AM

try dialing your voicemail then launching ariet and make sure sim is out. i would love to know what would happen if a tmobile sim was put in