PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

DesiChora is keeping up the good workDesiChora is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
-----------------

so you did not use wifi for data.. is so, how do i turn it on?
thanks in advance
Wifi starts automatically when you load Android for the very 1st time, in 1st screen itself I guess. If you did not set it up at that point then you can go to Settings>Wireless and you can turn on WiFi.

.:":. HTC EVO.:":.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

krusty46 is becoming a great contributor

Everything is working nicely, but does anyone know how to get the animated wallpapers back? I had them last night on Civics.

TIA
Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I am gonna post this because so far nobody has.

Guys, play around with Android and start figuring the internal workings out. We don't need to turn this thread into a "how do i" thread. You can't break it if you click the wrong thing. Any setting you need is inside the "settings" icon in the menu. There really isn't anything else to it.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metropcs

reekotubbs is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Download flyers zip a few pages back. then unzip to the root of your sd
Go to settings, turn on wireless even if you don't have wifi, then toggle the location settings for the first two options. That's what got it for me. Toggle them off then on.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work

Thx it works now
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Did you take out your sim card?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:23 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
flyers thanks for doing what you do...salute

I struggled with that folder stuff 2days ago and it didnt work for me. First off I have a 16gb class2 sd evryday winmo sd. Try to dump all winmo stuff in one folder and dump droid stuff to the root of the sd and boot up. It never fully booted the linux command code froze up. It looked like it was trying to read the stuff in the winmo folder and locked up. I think the cabs files are the problem. Im trouble shooting now with the winmo folder thing. I think the solution is no cabs just media(movies and music)basics in the winmo folder. It trail and error time, the good thing is I dont think you can brick your device. Worst case softreset or hardreset.

So what it seems the outcome will eventually be in the future is to fully modd your ROM , then remove cab files and winmo exe stuff from sd, only leaving normal media (music and movies) then dump droid file on it. Or store winmo stuffs straight to device memory... and keep sd free for droid business...

This post is based on me trying alot of different thing re: winmo stuff on sd while trying to boot Android.

Big Dogs pls chime in...
I have tons of cabs on mine and it loaded no problem...I just move them all into one folder...all droid files are on the root...

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
Did you have to do anything special?
Google maps isn't picking up my location. I upgraded to 4.0 though the Market but that didn't make a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Just posted a stripped 40MB ROM to run android for those that were looking for one

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113402

And Mr. Pippy, nice build, so far I'm liking Android
Nice job Calk!!

Quote:
Hold the item, it highlights and a trashcan shows up at the bottom. Move the item to the trash can. If u let it go immediately over the trash it just moves it from the homescreen but if u hold it over the trash it deletes permanently.
Thx, did not know this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300 View Post
I followed steps exactly and had no problems, except data wasn't working. I removed my SIM card and now anytime I boot into Android it reboots my phone after about 7 seconds. I deleted all files and redid all the steps with no SIM card in, but the same thing happens

I am going to try the all-in-one package to see if I have better luck... This is so sick though!
It took me 3 tries even with the all in one setup....

Quote:
Anybody other than the 1 poster able to get google maps to locate you? I keep getting your location unavailable.
Mine is working.,..but only if I go into latitude....if I try and enable via my location it is a no go.....maybe that is where the confusion is....but I am showing up right where i am supposed to be...didnt play with it too much though....was busy in market...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
I am gonna post this because so far nobody has.

Guys, play around with Android and start figuring the internal workings out. We don't need to turn this thread into a "how do i" thread. You can't break it if you click the wrong thing. Any setting you need is inside the "settings" icon in the menu. There really isn't anything else to it.
Agreed!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)

BradP is a n00b

When I click the link for flyer's zip file it goes to the mediafire site but does not give me the ability to download the file, clearly I am missing something...can anyone help out. When it opens the page it has the file name, the size and a small box that looks like it is loading something...but it just sits there.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

thanks all for the responses.. I guess I'm trying to turn on the CDMA radio.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metropcs

reekotubbs is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiChora View Post
Thanks OP for everything. Here's what I did and what's working on my phone;

1. I deleted everything from my SD Card card (any previous builds) completely
2. Formatted my SD card to FAT32
3. Followed 1st post and copied everything under SD card root
4. Ran Haret and after 5 mins. Android loaded fine.
5. It took 3 attempts to finally setup Android since it was resetting @ the Google account setup screen.

What's Working
1. Incoming/Outgoing call works
2. Data 3G works
3. Google map shows my location
4. Market works ( and I am installing apps like crazy!)
5. Battery status (as mentioned by OP) is semi working (one point it shows 100% but my battery were <20% and after couple of second it shows 70%)
6. Installed couple of Apps and they are working fine (except flixter where I was not able to sync it with my Netflix and Facebook acc. for some reason)
7. Downloaded Google Voice and made calls and it worked seamlessly
8. Under 'Email' app., setup my other email accounts, such as Gmail and Yahoo (for Yahoo I had to do manual setup since Android doesnt like yahoo for some reason. Also had to change my region to Asia to make POP3 acc. work as none of the other POP3 acc. gives you free POP3 forwarding. For more info read here http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/80...-mail-app.html

Will update once I will play it further.
Please ole great one, tell me how did you get google voice to make outgoing calls? = installed 3 different versions and none will call out. Help please
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

How long does it take for the boot up to get done... aka the white letters.. ffs it has been there for like 30 mins now! lol =P is it because i have my sim card inserted? btw i used the all in one package.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2