PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (SPRINT)
Carrier: T-Mobile

stab244 is keeping up the good workstab244 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Awesome! Now we just need to work on some Audio support, and this will be almost ready for prime time!

Quick off-topic question: If Haret actually reboots the phone into a different OS image, is it possible to boot into a WM rom image this way? I mean, I understand that haret is a linux booter, but this concept appeals to me- imagine having a choice of roms to boot into depending on who you want to try that day, all without destroying/flashing/erasing your current image in case you want to go back...
I'm sure someone would have done this if it were possible, just curious...
That's actually an interesting idea. I would love something like that. I hate having to restore everything that I have after flashing a ROM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

I followed steps exactly and had no problems, except data wasn't working. I removed my SIM card and now anytime I boot into Android it reboots my phone after about 7 seconds. I deleted all files and redid all the steps with no SIM card in, but the same thing happens

I am going to try the all-in-one package to see if I have better luck... This is so sick though!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX View Post
does it just delete the shortcut or the program, just wanting to make sure before i try that
Quote:
Originally Posted by stab244 View Post
Only the shortcut...
Yeah, I think its just the shortcut. Long hold over trash deletes the shortcut perm and short hold deletes it temporarily I believe. Its in the instructions on first boot but I only glanced at them because real men dont need instructions!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:03 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I can see it now, Sashimi for droid..... hahahaha
Old 03-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Awesome! Now we just need to work on some Audio support, and this will be almost ready for prime time!

Quick off-topic question: If Haret actually reboots the phone into a different OS image, is it possible to boot into a WM rom image this way? I mean, I understand that haret is a linux booter, but this concept appeals to me- imagine having a choice of roms to boot into depending on who you want to try that day, all without destroying/flashing/erasing your current image in case you want to go back...
I'm sure someone would have done this if it were possible, just curious...
Quote:
That's actually an interesting idea. I would love something like that. I hate having to restore everything that I have after flashing a ROM.
Im not a chef/dev but I think the problem with that is Android is booting from the SD card and the Roms are from internal memory. Having one of the 6.5.3 roms on internal memory is rough but having 2 roms 6.1 or better wouldnt even be possible
Old 03-08-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

coolshock1 is a n00b

I'm on a Verizon TP2 and gps isn't working. Also some of the keyboard mapping seems to be off.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Sashimi ftw =)

Old 03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
I got this running with gen.y dualBoot with Android in a Android folder on my sd card... You just need to put the system.sqsh file on the root of the sd card
I can confirm this works. For anyone that hasnt used Gen.Y before you have to edit a registry for androidbootfolder from 0 to 1 to get it to boot from the sd card otherwise you get an error android not found. Works great and lets you boot from windows as well as from startup. Good times!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Anybody other than the 1 poster able to get google maps to locate you? I keep getting your location unavailable.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 - Windows Mobile 6.5 - Energy "Leo" 23542 ROM
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jackreisinger1511 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3264

Looks like hes saying try using an earlier rootfs file.
Thanks Mazzakre for the info, I tried using the old rootfs file which now I can get past the splash screen (animated X) to the setup page. I can touch the Droid figure and get to the next screen but then the device stops responding to touchscreen. Also if I press any key it takes me back to the Droid figure.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2