PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 09:08 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumblondewalkin View Post
didn't work. I'm starting to think that the market just wont work for me till we get further along
Confirmed working for me. Just got through downloading a ton of apps.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Wow, this is quite improved. Here is the complete setup to just extract all to the root of your storage card. It includes the newest zImage and modules. It is fast and the touchscreen is SOOOOOOOOOO much better. I think it's growing on me now.

Once you extract this to your desktop, it will all be in a folder. Go inside the folder and copy and paste EVERYTHING to your storage card and BOOM, all done!! For slow people, once your in the folder just go up to edit and select all and then copy then paste it all in your storage card.

ENJOY

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MCIIT31V
Anyone who downloads this that is using the rel_path=blah switch be sure not to replace your initrd.gz with the one from the zip or Android won't boot.

After I figured that out everything seems perfect, does seem a bit snappier too, running a benchmark right now.

Thanks has been sent mackie.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

idavy81 is a n00b

I remember seeing a post that gave a link to an application that would allow me to view copy-protected applications in the market. I can't seem to find that page for the life of me. Does anyone else remember reading that post? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:54 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
Anyone who downloads this that is using the rel_path=blah switch be sure not to replace your initrd.gz with the one from the zip or Android won't boot.

After I figured that out everything seems perfect, does seem a bit snappier too, running a benchmark right now.

Thanks has been sent mackie.
thanks for pointing that out, forgot to mention it..however, to my defense I am a simple man, I just throw all of it in the root with crapt all over the place...lol the root of my storage card looks like a bomb went off plus my Sashimi folders and DCIM and my program files from WM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by idavy81 View Post
I remember seeing a post that gave a link to an application that would allow me to view copy-protected applications in the market. I can't seem to find that page for the life of me. Does anyone else remember reading that post? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure if it is what you are after but in Settings - Applications there is a checkbox for allowing applications from unknown sources. That opens and allows you to install apps not approved by google.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mpguy84 is a n00b

Charging is working... internet is working... sms receiving is good but I'm not able to send> any ideas
Old 03-18-2010, 10:55 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpguy84 View Post
Charging is working... internet is working... sms receiving is good but I'm not able to send> any ideas
lol how can you charge when Android sees your device as fully charged already? Just because you plug a power cord in don't mean its charging.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

trhinehart is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by idavy81 View Post
I had asked about this in another thread and here is the answer I got:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1625949

It worked great for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

I must have goofed something up. Older builds were working for me. I've removed all the android files from my SD and put the latest one there. But the initial start-up freezes when the status bar fills on the first "HaRET :Booting Linux" window. I don't even get to the screen showing the command lines scrolling by.

ETA: Never mind. I wiped the SD again, reloaded everything, and the initial startup is running fine now.

Last edited by The Sapient; 03-18-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mpguy84 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
lol how can you charge when Android sees your device as fully charged already? Just because you plug a power cord in don't mean its charging.
because i had 60 pecent battey before running android, once i plugged it in and left it charging for 4 hours i reset it to winmo and said 100... pretty good indication somethings happening

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2