PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 03:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Airhead315 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandDragon View Post
I waited well over 1/2 hour and now my phone is a brick
1.) Run Haret on phone to boot android
2.) Paint phone red
3.) Drop phone in bathtub
4.) Oh Nooos android bricked my phone
5.) Profit?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Stock) / TP (MightyRom)
Carrier: US Cellular

bytethegroove is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bytethegroove Send a message via MSN to bytethegroove Send a message via Yahoo to bytethegroove

Seriously guys, this thread has gotten out of hand.
I just spent 35 mins reading 20 pages, with no updates...
We are in serious need of a thread clean up.
Maybe a few in here can a create a sticky FAQ thread
I see the same ?'s asked several times.
I dont think the devs are going to respond to simple things that have already been asked, so posting them in the dev thread isnt going to get a faster solution.

for example, I am on USCC and currently most of us arent getting data...I posted one time....with some positve thoughts as well, then another thread was created for USCC on android....now I follow that thread instead. That thread is atleast a few days old, yet I still USCC ?'s posted on this thread...in my opinion why?

Is there a mod here to help maintain the thread, if not im sure there a few of us willing to step up to create order, myself included...I run a gaming community and maintain our web and forum, so I kinda have an idea of how things go....just want to contribute to the progress in anyway I can...
peace
byte

btw...I have webspace I can share if anyone needs space for uploads or anything

Old 03-13-2010, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

surge is keeping up the good worksurge is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytethegroove View Post
Maybe a few in here can a create a sticky FAQ thread
Unfortunately, I don't think a sticky FAQ would help. The first post contains enough information to get people going and there already are a few pages with information on what works and doesn't work as well as a FAQ.

See my sig. The problem is people do not want to search.

It's not just the newbies with a couple of posts.. I've seen some really basic questions asked by people with over 50 posts..member for several months..etc.. These people should know how to search but being lazy is much easier.

I'm on other boards that don't allow posting to certain threads until a certain post is read.. that post includes information on how to search, what thread to read before posting..etc.

I'm not familiar with what vBulletin (the software this forum uses) can do, but something like this would hopefully decrease the number of newbie questions. I subscribe to this thread to get emailed when there are updates, but most of the updates to this thread or basic android on TP2 101 questions.

This is a thread about something which is actively being worked on and is by no means complete.. It's great the progress is being made available to everyone, but it's almost a double edge sword. If I was a developer, I would be annoyed by the posts asking when this and that will be done.. or this is great but feature X should have been fixed first.

Come on people.. Use the brain a little!!!!

enough ranting for now...

ps..
if data doesn't work, take our your sim card
sound doesn't work
it won't charge while in Android
GPS doesn't work
search
search
search
GSM Dev Thread: Click here
Latest Kernel and Module: Click here
Old 03-13-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G / HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

swurvv is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to swurvv Send a message via MSN to swurvv Send a message via Yahoo to swurvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
All files from post one are already extracted and inside the file.....just follow the instructions below and you are off....

just extract the folder and throw it on the root of the card.....if it does not work just move all the files onto the root.....FYI...what I do is add a new folder for all of my current stuff for Winmo and drop all Droid files right into the root...

EDIT: Thanks to matthewb57 for providing me with free hosting. When more packages are ready I will package them up and use the free file hosting from him. Makes it all quicker. Please give THANKS to "matthewb57" whenever you see a post by him, for providing this hosting!

There are 2 packages now. Look at the dates for the latest.

Here is the link:

http://files.androidonhtc.com/files/cdma-tp2/

GL!

It won't unzip What up with that?
Old 03-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swurvv View Post
I just downloaded it and unzipped it.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:21 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by swurvv View Post
Oh my gosh.....hang on I better delete it then.....glad you found that bug
Old 03-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Has anyone had luck sending sms using tmobile service on their cdma tp2?
I try to send sms and it disconnects me from tmobile and says cannot send. Then reconnects me about a minute later, anyone have any luck? Or a fix?
Old 03-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

RandDragon is a n00b

LOL. Everyone starts out as a newbie, but with time I learn. Only a select few are A-holes and unfortunately they stay that way...

Thanks to those actually doing ALL the work on this project!

Thanks to violentz313 with a suggestion at least. Install still hangs for > 10mins on the 4 colour animation even with that tweak to RAMSIZE in STARTUP.txt.

Anyone with actual suggestions why they install isn't working? Like I said I took the zip from Flyers and installed at root without my SIM card....

To not completely drain the battery I pooped the battery out after the 10 mins of waiting...

What is happening during this animation? Is there any info I can collect from what's on the SD card at this point to help people figure what I need to do to get this working????
THANKS!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If it's not working, try a different SD card. This isn't a computer, it's a phone. Everyone with Verizon who has it working is using the EXACT SAME hardware as you
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandDragon View Post
LOL. Everyone starts out as a newbie, but with time I learn. Only a select few are A-holes and unfortunately they stay that way...

Thanks to those actually doing ALL the work on this project!

Thanks to violentz313 with a suggestion at least. Install still hangs for > 10mins on the 4 colour animation even with that tweak to RAMSIZE in STARTUP.txt.

Anyone with actual suggestions why they install isn't working? Like I said I took the zip from Flyers and installed at root without my SIM card....

To not completely drain the battery I pooped the battery out after the 10 mins of waiting...

What is happening during this animation? Is there any info I can collect from what's on the SD card at this point to help people figure what I need to do to get this working????
THANKS!!!
That sounds painful.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2