PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

ravip_27 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Works great with the lastest update for touchscreen. Thanks everyone here for supporting each other.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

That update made it to the kernel autobuild site. You guys don't have to mess around with creating files. just get the latest zimage.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

TheLastRoman is becoming a great contributor

All I did was unzip the new zImage and modules*.tar.gz to the desktop of my PC. I then renamed the zImage on the root of my SD card (so if i had a problem I could easily go back), then moved that and the modules*.tar.gz from my SD card to my desktop. I then moved the freshly unzipped zImage and modules*.tar.gz to the root of my SD card.

I was playing with Android all morning and I did have it not come out of sleep one time and had to pop the battery out. Ill keep playing with it and if i keep having the problem, id merge the modules*.tar.gz like animez did.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

the class of the sd card plays a major role. 2-8gb class6 sdhc card works the best in my experience.

plus whats on the sdcard is important, at first i was trying with my normal sd which is 16gb class2. it had alot stuffs on it, such as .cabs pretty different files. i had some bad cabs which was taskbars etc. once i removed certain cabs, i was good to go.

now im booting droid from folder named android, with the system.sqsh and data.img outside the android folder plus all winmo stuff inside of folder named windows mobile.

and this is my success story, hopefully someone learn from my post... sorry its too vague... i meant good...

late,
ib1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/1016; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyjust
--edit--
I sucessfully merged the files and this has made a HUGE improvement in the touchscreen. I was also able to come out of sleep unlike the poster a few comments down.
If you dont mind me asking. How did you merge all those files from 2 original files ??? what program did you use ???[/QUOTE]

I downloaded 7zip and opened both module files in separate windows and dragged the 5 new files into the older module archive.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

yuyjust is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastRoman View Post
All I did was unzip the new zImage and modules*.tar.gz to the desktop of my PC. I then renamed the zImage on the root of my SD card (so if i had a problem I could easily go back), then moved that and the modules*.tar.gz from my SD card to my desktop. I then moved the freshly unzipped zImage and modules*.tar.gz to the root of my SD card.

I was playing with Android all morning and I did have it not come out of sleep one time and had to pop the battery out. Ill keep playing with it and if i keep having the problem, id merge the modules*.tar.gz like animez did.

Hope this helps!
I did exactly that and all I got is black scrolling text for linux loading page. its been 5 min and they are still scrolling (something about cannot read block of some sort). I have had no problem what so ever before this so it cannot be my MicroSD card.

Did you notice that new *.tar.gz is 511 KB and old one is 5000 KB ??? could that be the reason why ???
Old 03-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

yuyjust is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/1016; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

If you dont mind me asking. How did you merge all those files from 2 original files ??? what program did you use ???
I downloaded 7zip and opened both module files in separate windows and dragged the 5 new files into the older module archive.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. one more question. after you did that you will have fresh *.tar.gz (which incorporate 2 files together) but still using old *.tar.gz name right ?

Did you use new zImage file or old one ?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

You guys really gotta stop pullin stuff before they even get it out. I pulled the newest zimage and my screen is perfect. Don't mess around with alpha when you can wait 5 more mins for beta. It's just a waste of your time, and now there's random "mystery screen fixes" going around like a flu in middle school.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-14-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post

If you dont mind me asking. How did you merge all those files from 2 original files ??? what program did you use ???

I downloaded 7zip and opened both module files in separate windows and dragged the 5 new files into the older module archive.
My advise is don't ask questions in this thread, start a new one. The thread police are just waiting for anyone to ask anything so they can jump all over you.

Droidrox39
Old 03-14-2010, 01:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
You guys really gotta stop pullin stuff before they even get it out. I pulled the newest zimage and my screen is perfect. Don't mess around with alpha when you can wait 5 more mins for beta. It's just a waste of your time, and now there's random "mystery screen fixes" going around like a flu in middle school.

I don't get you what do you care if someone wants to go pull an alpha? Thats their business. The builds are made for testing let them test.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2