PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballz View Post
does audio booster cab have any effect whatsoever on earpiece volume in android. I recently loaded #4 cab and android is a lot louder now. on phone calls. Just curious, As of last week I couldnt hear real well. cooincidence or have their been some improvements in the earpiece volume in android for our TP2s?

Interesting.
Considering the memory dump when you switch to lunix, I doubt it. They've been working hard.

Glad to see other people got this zimage to work. The last build I grabbed took about 5 mins to connect to a network. This one just won't. I always delete my android folder including my data.img file to get a feel for all changes made. I suggest leaving yours intact and just replacing the files. Anyone else getting this "no network after update" issue?

Gettin some sleep now.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

eyeballz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to eyeballz

ive been keeping data.img for a least a week now. No issues here. Infact my wifi was off and was able to connect and register to DD-WRT N router flawlessly.

navigation and menus seem faster. No double key taps so far with about 5 sms messages.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: telus

jeep670 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastRoman View Post
I know the touchscreen sensitivity is a work in progress and have lived with it because android is SO MUCH BETTER than WM imho. After skimming through the chatlog for a while I found this posted by eval at timestamp 11:00:

http://tr.im/eval313hack

It has made my touchscreen sensitivity ALOT BETTER. Hope it helps someone out there!
I'm a bit confused... due to the fact that the modules archive included in this is 10 times smaller that the one included in other posted distros (ie, XDANDROID.01.03.10 I am currently using).
are we supposed to add this modules together with the existing one or to replace it?

thanks.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:03 PM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

wow using the last mar 23 build from the kernel site and all and this runs beautifully. Everything is working for me except for bluetooth, very impressed...
Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep670 View Post
I'm a bit confused... due to the fact that the modules archive included in this is 10 times smaller that the one included in other posted distros (ie, XDANDROID.01.03.10 I am currently using).
are we supposed to add this modules together with the existing one or to replace it?

thanks.
I see what you're saying, there are 49 files in the modules file I was using and 5 in the file included with the hack.
The five files that are in the new modules exist in the old on, but the newer files are a new date and some are different file sizes. I tried to merge the new files into the old modules but WinRar wouldn't do it. Think I'll download 7zip and see if it will.

--edit--
I sucessfully merged the files and this has made a HUGE improvement in the touchscreen. I was also able to come out of sleep unlike the poster a few comments down.

Last edited by animez; 03-14-2010 at 12:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
wow using the last mar 23 build from the kernel site and all and this runs beautifully. Everything is working for me except for bluetooth, very impressed...
Hold up, so sound is working well too? And what's battery life like?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mikelittle24 is keeping up the good workmikelittle24 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastRoman View Post
I'm loving the android build on my TP2 and many thanks to all the devs out there making this work for us. I was bored and couldnt sleep so I started reading this:

http://irclog.netripper.com/?chan=htc-linux&msgonly=0

I know the touchscreen sensitivity is a work in progress and have lived with it because android is SO MUCH BETTER than WM imho. After skimming through the chatlog for a while I found this posted by eval at timestamp 11:00:

http://tr.im/eval313hack

It has made my touchscreen sensitivity ALOT BETTER. Hope it helps someone out there!
Touch Screen sensitivity is greatly improved by adding that image. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cigga24 is a n00b

I just copied the hack files over and backed up my originals and everything was working smoothly until i put phone to sleep. the orange led was on then it went green now the phone will not wake up. I had to remove the battery and boot back into WM.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:46 PM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
Hold up, so sound is working well too? And what's battery life like?
Sorry sound isn't working, i always have my device on vibrate anyway. Sorry for any confusion. Battery life seems decent, had android running for about 4 hours, twitdroid a lot, and live wallpaper. From a full charge its at 73% when i went back into Windows Phone.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

yuyjust is a n00b

--edit--
I sucessfully merged the files and this has made a HUGE improvement in the touchscreen. I was also able to come out of sleep unlike the poster a few comments down.[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind me asking. How did you merge all those files from 2 original files ??? what program did you use ???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2