PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Did you format with the HP tool, or windows?
Have you tried another SD card?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:29 AM
karimkahale

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I used windows to format it. I also used another sd card, the problem persists
Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimkahale View Post
I used windows to format it. I also used another sd card, the problem persists
Don't use the Windoze tools to format. WinXP, 7, WinMo, doesn't matter. They're all crap.

Use the HP Tool. Full format, FAT32.

I doubt that's your issue tho. When you run HaRET.exe w/o a startup.txt (rename it to startup.bak or something) what does it say in the window?

We found some WinMo ROM's would fake the processor arch I guess in an attempt to fool the system into going faster? I don't know if that's happening to you or not.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jj14x is just getting started

@arrrghhh

Thank you! Your "to the point" instructions (along with the instructions from the Froyo thread in the parent forum) were perfect! I was able to get Android (GB) running on my TP2 (RHOD400)

Had a couple of minor issues
1. I didn't find the CSV files in my windows folder - but since you had provided the files for your RHOD400, I just used those.

2. Market app icon wasn't there (even though applications in android settings showed Market there - not sure what is going on) - I downloaded the apk from androidpolice and installed it by copying the apk to the androidapps folder under root, and then booted into android and presto!

Thank you once again

Edit 1: Forgot to mention - I got a crash in phone.apk the first time (as you had mentioned) - but phone worked normally after I hit ok to that.

Edit 2: The only "bug" so far is one that was described in one of the earlier posts - screen doesn't light up when there is an incoming call. But it does ring, so the phone answer physical button works.

The initial plan was to use this as a demo of Android for the wife - to see if she was comfortable enough with it to upgrade to an actual android device. But so far, it actually seems to be good enough to be used daily! (and be able to use an Android device on the base SERO plan without having to bump up to higher priced plans to activate an actual android device) Woohoooo!!!

Will continue to use this and see how long it goes without have to reboot, and to see what other issues this might run into (I'm sure there are some apps that simply won't install or will be super slow - but that will probably be ok)

Last edited by jj14x; 06-14-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Couple of questions
1. How can I do a PRL update on this?
2. The battery charge indicator light goes green when the battery has reached 91% or so (when the light goes green, the lockscreen shows 91%). Leaving it on the charger for about 30-45 minutes gets the charge to 100% (light continues to stay green), but as soon as I disconnect from the charger, the charge instantly drops to 98%. Does the battery need to be re-calibrated?
Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
Couple of questions
1. How can I do a PRL update on this?
2. The battery charge indicator light goes green when the battery has reached 91% or so (when the light goes green, the lockscreen shows 91%). Leaving it on the charger for about 30-45 minutes gets the charge to 100% (light continues to stay green), but as soon as I disconnect from the charger, the charge instantly drops to 98%. Does the battery need to be re-calibrated?
1. No. Do that in WinMo.

2. OMGB has a significantly better battery driver. The battery driver in the HaRET kernels is crap...

Also, Android userland chooses to have the battery go green when you hit 90%... As for re-calibration some have gotten good results from recalibration... but it seems short-lived. The real solution is the aforementioned battery driver. Not sure if that code will ever get ported to HaRET tho.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

For now, I'll stick with HaRET - zero risk, and have the option to back to winmo easily

I think I'll have to try out the wifi later today. (read about wifi keeping the phone awake - so will test it first). 3g is just slow (sprint) - and I really don't want Sprint to come knocking and asking me to switch to SERO-P when/if they notice the TP2 connecting to play store and other google sites suddenly! lol!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
For now, I'll stick with HaRET - zero risk, and have the option to back to winmo easily

I think I'll have to try out the wifi later today. (read about wifi keeping the phone awake - so will test it first). 3g is just slow (sprint) - and I really don't want Sprint to come knocking and asking me to switch to SERO-P when/if they notice the TP2 connecting to play store and other google sites suddenly! lol!
Honestly you have nothing to worry about here. A literal metric ton of people used this on SERO (some still do, and have for a long time). They just look at what is activated on your account
Old 06-15-2012, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

true.... thanks
Old 06-16-2012, 03:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: gre
Carrier: cmd

tp2userp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You can try cycling the radio - airplane mode on/off. Sometimes it fixes it, sometimes it doesn't...
When the phone has lost signal, it doesnot go into airplane mode, i.e. I never see airplane icon even if I keep repeatedly try to set the phone in airplane mode every few min.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development