Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 PM
jj14x
PPCGeeks Regular

jj14x is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

@arrrghhh

Thank you! Your "to the point" instructions (along with the instructions from the Froyo thread in the parent forum) were perfect! I was able to get Android (GB) running on my TP2 (RHOD400)

Had a couple of minor issues
1. I didn't find the CSV files in my windows folder - but since you had provided the files for your RHOD400, I just used those.

2. Market app icon wasn't there (even though applications in android settings showed Market there - not sure what is going on) - I downloaded the apk from androidpolice and installed it by copying the apk to the androidapps folder under root, and then booted into android and presto!

Thank you once again

Edit 1: Forgot to mention - I got a crash in phone.apk the first time (as you had mentioned) - but phone worked normally after I hit ok to that.

Edit 2: The only "bug" so far is one that was described in one of the earlier posts - screen doesn't light up when there is an incoming call. But it does ring, so the phone answer physical button works.

The initial plan was to use this as a demo of Android for the wife - to see if she was comfortable enough with it to upgrade to an actual android device. But so far, it actually seems to be good enough to be used daily! (and be able to use an Android device on the base SERO plan without having to bump up to higher priced plans to activate an actual android device) Woohoooo!!!

Will continue to use this and see how long it goes without have to reboot, and to see what other issues this might run into (I'm sure there are some apps that simply won't install or will be super slow - but that will probably be ok)

Last edited by jj14x; 06-14-2012 at 03:24 PM.