PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
I was having a no sound issue until I replaced the csv file inside your acoustic test with the one I had been using on windows (the increased volume cab) and it now feels like I have the sound I had while I was on winmo(loud in call volume and loud speakerphone) will try "new" 12-24 this afternoon thanks again ACL

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
wait the 12-24 isnt new. Just the same old builds but into 1 so you wont gain anything from it.

If you are having no sound issues with your csv,s then thats good. because to be honest i dont recall which csvs i even packaged up. But it fixed gsm sound so i left it alone. The next release i'll reploy csvs for all variants. This way we can localize issues. But Haret builds seem to have dead sound after some usage, im trying to make sure i dont continue patching our code if its already working fine.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 Rhod100
Carrier: Orange PL

mayestik1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for uploading this version!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
wait the 12-24 isnt new. Just the same old builds but into 1 so you wont gain anything from it.
Hmm.. this is the first build, where I have GSM network so now I'm happy and I'll have it until the new ver will be here
good works, ACL, thanks again
Old 01-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:

If you are having no sound issues with your csv,s then thats good. because to be honest i dont recall which csvs i even packaged up. But it fixed gsm sound so i left it alone. The next release i'll reploy csvs for all variants. This way we can localize issues. But Haret builds seem to have dead sound after some usage, im trying to make sure i dont continue patching our code if its already working fine.
10-4

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2012, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
also anyone having "no sound" or dying sound issue? i'm trying to leave code intact if it works. No need to fix something thats working flawlessly. I do know there was a volume issue, but that i patched up and will be released with the new bundle.
I have had problems with ringtone audio, but had chalked it up to all the other mucking around I had been doing lately.

Notification tones (SMS, etc) work fine, which is (IMHO) truly odd since I would have thought they would route the same.

I have had a couple cases of no in-call audio, but it was in a bad reception area so I figured it was just poor signal.

EDIT: Just to be clear, incoming call ringtone is DOA even immediately after a reboot. RHOD400 FWIW.

The weirdest problem however (and not readily repeatable) is occasionally the LED will not indicate wake/sleep after a reboot, it just stays off. A reboot generally cures it.

I'll try to catch logs for the no ringtone problem tonight, the LED issue is pretty random so it may be had to log.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
I have had problems with ringtone audio, but had chalked it up to all the other mucking around I had been doing lately.

Notification tones (SMS, etc) work fine, which is (IMHO) truly odd since I would have thought they would route the same.

I have had a couple cases of no in-call audio, but it was in a bad reception area so I figured it was just poor signal.

EDIT: Just to be clear, incoming call ringtone is DOA even immediately after a reboot. RHOD400 FWIW.

The weirdest problem however (and not readily repeatable) is occasionally the LED will not indicate wake/sleep after a reboot, it just stays off. A reboot generally cures it.

I'll try to catch logs for the no ringtone problem tonight, the LED issue is pretty random so it may be had to log.
Nahh, dont worry about the no ringtone. That's a hack in itself that I implemented. The ringtone fails because as soon as a call comes in, the routing gets sent to the earpiece instead of the speaker. THe hack i have just ignores the first initial route, and let it go to speaker. I put more debug messages in place for future debugging of this. So we can find the true root cause. It only happens on cdma (not gsm).

Led is because of acoustic. It turns off the led causing confusion with the debugging. I'll have to move us to the regime led code which will disable debugging in general.

Edit: just to be clear. i do have ringing on my cdma. I'll check on the new release to make sure this is working before i put it out.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post

+1 for ringtone issue, on an older non-acoustic build.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Nahh, dont worry about the no ringtone. That's a hack in itself that I implemented. The ringtone fails because as soon as a call comes in, the routing gets sent to the earpiece instead of the speaker. THe hack i have just ignores the first initial route, and let it go to speaker. I put more debug messages in place for future debugging of this. So we can find the true root cause. It only happens on cdma (not gsm).
OK, then I won't worry about pulling logs.

Quote:
Led is because of acoustic. It turns off the led causing confusion with the debugging. I'll have to move us to the regime led code which will disable debugging in general.
OK. Just thought I'd mention it since it seems random. Most times the LED works as expected to display sleep/wake.

Quote:
Edit: just to be clear. i do have ringing on my cdma. I'll check on the new release to make sure this is working before i put it out.
Sweet.

I think I'll make it a total do-over with the next release instead of trying to upgrade. That way there won't be any ghosts to debug.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 Rhod100
Carrier: Orange PL

mayestik1 is a n00b

I'd like to post my 'cosmetic' issues:
- problem with special characters on physical keyborad. looks like "FN" key doesn't work correctly, because when I press it, I get "@"
- in Clock app, when I'm setting an alarm I see numbers instead of days name of the week

Last edited by mayestik1; 01-11-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

I installed the Dec 24 release and when I made calls to the phone I wasn't getting audio from the phone mic to phone that I called from, however I called out and the phone audio worked; then from that point forward incoming calls are working correctly also. Just wanted to through that out there in case someone was having the same issue. Of course I have the same no incoming call ringtone issue.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayestik1 View Post
I'd like to post my 'cosmetic' issues:
- problem with special characters on physical keyborad. looks like "FN" key doesn't work correctly, because when I press it, I get "@"
- in Clock app, when I'm setting an alarm I see numbers instead of days name of the week
The first one is an issue that RHOD100 folk should have resolved on HaRET... the same keymaps are being used, so... yea.

The second one is kinda entertaining, and I forgot about it. Wonder why it does that?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development