PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
It works now thank you for all your help.
Whew! That was an ordeal. Now save that wifi-nvram.txt file... Perhaps you can try bind mounting or symlinking it in your user.conf file - but that won't really matter until you lose/need to blow up your data.img. Which doesn't happen that frequently, and there's ways to mitigate it - but it does happen.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
lol... ever? Have you moved around at all, like in a car? I want to make sure you've tried it in different environments. I certainly get signal, no problem. It does fluctuate, and I wanted you to be aware that 1xRTT and EVDO have completely different representations. At my office, I have a full 4 bars on 1xRTT, but I'm usually on EVDO - which I only get 1-2 bars at my office on EVDO.
I saw in my office.. Walked around office - At this point - I got 1 bar.. Home - I sometimes get a single bar and as soon as it appears - it goes away.. So - that means - ever - yes

I did try airplane mode in WinMo - but it doesn't seem to work... It simply doesn'y want to receive any calls.. lol..

The thing is - when someone calls (I tested from my extn and another mobile) - the 3G goes to 1X which normally happens when you get a call. But - no ring tone - no receiving of call. The moment end the call from another mobile/extn - it switches right back to 3G.

Another doubt - Shouldn't the 3G show Ev?? I do not have my sim card - lost it I guess when i removed it for previous versions of XDA. So - not sure if that might be the issue.

Last edited by janusman; 09-13-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
I saw in my office.. Walked around office - At this point - I got 1 bar.. Home - I sometimes get a single bar and as soon as it appears - it goes away.. So - that means - ever - yes

I did try airplane mode in WinMo - but it doesn't seem to work... It simply doesn'y want to receive any calls.. lol..

The thing is - when someone calls (I tested from my extn and another mobile) - the 3G goes to 1X which normally happens when you get a call. But - no ring tone - no receiving of call. The moment end the call from another mobile/extn - it switches right back to 3G.

Another doubt - Shouldn't the 3G show Ev?? I do not have my sim card - lost it I guess when i removed it for previous versions of XDA. So - not sure if that might be the issue.
There is no Ev icon in Android's framework. On native Android devices, it just shows 3g as well.

As for the other troubles, this was fine on FRX06 yes? Seems the new RIL isn't playing nicely on everyone's devices. We're trying to isolate it, but only limited success thus far.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
There is no Ev icon in Android's framework. On native Android devices, it just shows 3g as well.

As for the other troubles, this was fine on FRX06 yes? Seems the new RIL isn't playing nicely on everyone's devices. We're trying to isolate it, but only limited success thus far.
Well - When I used FRX6 - I used it only for few hours or so - as it led to many reboots ad crashes - was testing the SOD fix I guess. Even before that - I used to get calls - also used to miss a few - I do remember friends telling me - It kept ringing when I never received any calls.

As for the signal bars - Yes - this is the first time I have noticed that.

I don't mind not having Wifi/bluetooth/Camera or any additional things - but I do need the basic things to work - attend calls... else I cannot continue using it eventhough I want to ..
Old 09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well - When I used FRX6 - I used it only for few hours or so - as it led to many reboots ad crashes - was testing the SOD fix I guess. Even before that - I used to get calls - also used to miss a few - I do remember friends telling me - It kept ringing when I never received any calls.

I don't mind not having Wifi/bluetooth/Camera or any additional things - but I do need the basic things to work - attend calls... else I cannot continue using it eventhough I want to ..
Sorry, I don't have a definitive fix for you. It works great for some, not at all for others, and inconsistently for yet some other people. We haven't found anything in common either... No body said this stuff wasn't experimental .
Old 09-16-2011, 05:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tekknogenius is just getting started

Does video recording with sound work for anyone? I still cannot record video with sound on the TP2. In Froyo 6 I was able to record video with sound if I put the TP2 into vibrate/sound off mode from the lock screen. Not able to do even that anymore in Froyo 7.1

Any clues?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
Does video recording with sound work for anyone? I still cannot record video with sound on the TP2. In Froyo 6 I was able to record video with sound if I put the TP2 into vibrate/sound off mode from the lock screen. Not able to do even that anymore in Froyo 7.1

Any clues?
New audio routing libs will solve this, when they are integrated.

In the meantime, ironically the old workaround to get the mic working in general supposedly works to fix this as well... So do this:

In WinMo, make a phone call to voicemail or some service that won't disconnect. Flip on the speakerphone. Leave the call running, and boot Android. The call will drop during the boot process, that's fine. Now in Android, you should be able to record video with sound.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

I found out on the new build my phone has been doing this. The way I found to fix it though is once you boot android make a call (I called my voicemail). After that I haven't had any troubles with missing calls. Just make sure every time you reboot into android you make a call, I'm not sure if this will work for you, but it seems to have fixed it for me. I personally can't stand windows mobile anymore, I'm running android full time on my phone.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Lurker

sushiixp is a n00b

Hi guys,

I've updated to this build for about a month now and today, whenever I open Messages, its always force closing on me. "The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I've tried countless reboots. Anything else I should try?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushiixp View Post
Hi guys,

I've updated to this build for about a month now and today, whenever I open Messages, its always force closing on me. "The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I've tried countless reboots. Anything else I should try?
Do a backup with Titanium Backup, rename your data.img to data.bak and try again. I bet it'll work...

You could also try searching Gooooooogle for fix_permissions if you don't want to blast out your data.img. It's a CyanogenMod thing, and it *could* fix your issue. I can guarantee blasting out the data.img will fix it, so perhaps the fix_permissions script can as well. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development