PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Haven't I already answered this question for you?

The build comes rooted out of the box. It uses SU in order to grant apps root permissions - previously there was no layer of security here, every app was given root perms without question. Are you having an issue? If you would explain what you're trying to do and what issues you're having we might be able to help you...
change the system Lib and fonts can work??

thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
change the system Lib and fonts can work??
English please?

What are you doing?

Swapping system libs...?

What fonts can work? Fonts don't work!??!

If you're mucking with system libraries you'll have to remount the system RW, or use Linux to bind mount the file and shove the libs in that way. Easiest might actually be a bind mount in froyo.user.conf...
Old 08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
English please?

What are you doing?

Swapping system libs...?

What fonts can work? Fonts don't work!??!

If you're mucking with system libraries you'll have to remount the system RW, or use Linux to bind mount the file and shove the libs in that way. Easiest might actually be a bind mount in froyo.user.conf...
im going to swap the system libs. how i can do that can i just copy and past it in thru root explore or Es explore or how??

thank you.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
im going to swap the system libs. how i can do that can i just copy and past it in thru root explore or Es explore or how??

thank you.
I explained above... What are you swapping?

You can either remount the system RW, loop mount in Linux and shove 'em in, or bind mount via user.conf. Bind mounting is probably the easiest, with the other methods being more permanent. The bind mounts can easily be removed and you'll revert to the original libs - the other methods replace the libs themselves, so reverting isn't so easy. Pick your poison.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

I have Sprint tp2, I found something interesting with Fx07.
1. my keyboard back light was out for some reason, I couldn't remember what did I changed, but keyboard and the buttons on front won't light up. And finally I figured I checked the automatic back light. After uncheck that, the back light for keyboard works fine now.
2. When I switched to vibration, I found there's no alert even for incoming calls, I didn't try other situation, it's just a bit weird. This problem I didn't try to find out any solution yet.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
I have Sprint tp2, I found something interesting with Fx07.
1. my keyboard back light was out for some reason, I couldn't remember what did I changed, but keyboard and the buttons on front won't light up. And finally I figured I checked the automatic back light. After uncheck that, the back light for keyboard works fine now.
2. When I switched to vibration, I found there's no alert even for incoming calls, I didn't try other situation, it's just a bit weird. This problem I didn't try to find out any solution yet.
For #1, that's exactly the solution. Disable autobl to get the keyboard/button lights working again...

For #2, I think that's a 'known issue'. How did you switch it to vibration? Using the lock screen or thru the sound settings?

It should still vibrate, but you might have issues where in calls the mic is muted. It seems to take silent mode a little too seriously... This goes back to our complete lack of correct audio routing - the kernel does its best to 'guess' where the audio should be routing, and it's not always right...
Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

krewblink is becoming a great contributor

system.ext file wont let me copy it over to my sd car i keep getting an error.... grrrr

Nevermind... i downloaded the other system.ext2 file. the file in the bundle pack gives an error.

Last edited by krewblink; 08-09-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

Acey is a n00b

Quote:
Never thought to flash a VZ radio on mah Sprint phone/service... Interesting. Well, I'd like to think newer version = better, and if you say it works I'll give it a go. Thanks dude!
Let us know if you see any improvements with the 2.37 radio...I'm curious if there's any noticeable improvement from 2.32.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krewblink View Post
system.ext file wont let me copy it over to my sd car i keep getting an error.... grrrr

Nevermind... i downloaded the other system.ext2 file. the file in the bundle pack gives an error.
The bundle is... a compressed archive. Did you have an issue with the entire archive? I don't see how you can have an issue with just one file inside of the archive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Let us know if you see any improvements with the 2.37 radio...I'm curious if there's any noticeable improvement from 2.32.
Well... I haven't noticed any drastic improvements. I haven't had any issues either, not sure if the RIL update fixed my problems or the firmware update. Based on my testing, the RIL probably made up for most of the issues I was having. I've only been on it for a day or so tho.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

Acey is a n00b

Quote:
Well... I haven't noticed any drastic improvements. I haven't had any issues either, not sure if the RIL update fixed my problems or the firmware update. Based on my testing, the RIL probably made up for most of the issues I was having. I've only been on it for a day or so tho.
Thanks for the info. What issues did the RIL fix for you?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development