PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biroka View Post
Hi!

I installed the latest kernel (21.06.2011), and just wanted to thank all the devs for the amazing work. Finally i have GSM signal on RHOD500 during sleep. Thanks arrrghhh for linking my problem to the devs. The only tiny thing thing that's still a bit annoying, the phone restarts on incoming call end (but that was already reported) (If I'm fast enough, I can end the incoming call myself, then no restart ).
Why do these devices have so many crazy problems... I certainly don't have this issue.

So you're saying if the far end actually hangs up, your phone reboots? Is this consistently reproducible, IE it happens every time you run into this condition? If so, I'd like to see some logs. That's madness.

Someone else described a similar issue with Skype, but seemed to indicate that it was every call ending - no matter which party ended the call, his phone supposedly reboots after a call..
Old 06-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Why do these devices have so many crazy problems... I certainly don't have this issue.

So you're saying if the far end actually hangs up, your phone reboots? Is this consistently reproducible, IE it happens every time you run into this condition? If so, I'd like to see some logs. That's madness.

Someone else described a similar issue with Skype, but seemed to indicate that it was every call ending - no matter which party ended the call, his phone supposedly reboots after a call..
Are you implying me? Yes, my problem was at the end of any skype callls whether I end the call or the other party. Though I still don't know what the cause of it. I have tried your suggestion to start over with the data.img, but the same problem still persists.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Are you implying me? Yes, my problem was at the end of any skype callls whether I end the call or the other party. Though I still don't know what the cause of it. I have tried your suggestion to start over with the data.img, but the same problem still persists.
Yes, you . That is an odd one, I haven't tried a call to anyone else with Skype other than that test echo123 user or whatever. In fact I uninstalled the app, it was wreaking havoc on my setup....

My setup is also kinda custom. I'll try it again with a completely clean stock FRX06 here in a few.

Edit - my fault man... I just tried on a completely stock FRX06 setup, and it rebooted on me shortly after hitting end call! I guess that's what I get for testing on custom stuff . So I'm thinking it's the new RIL that is resolving the issue, but I'm not positive. This issue will be resolved in FRX07, whatever the cause is. Sorry again for making you sound crazy, I need to keep a completely stock FRX06 around for testing stuff like this .

Last edited by arrrghhh; 06-22-2011 at 05:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

owl1979 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1979 View Post
Thanks, arrrghhh. I will give it a try with a new RIL and kernel. I haven't done this before, but I'll follow your instructions in the first post in this thread.

I'll post an update in a few days (tending to a 6 week old baby boy, too!)

Hi arrrghhh,

I've tried some of the newer kernels from April until the latest in June. None of them resolved my power or wifi issues unfortunately. I tried deleting data.img as well. I also tried a fresh SD format with the HP tool and a clean FRX06 install.

Would you mind pointing me to a RIL tutorial, please? I don't see any references to how to update the RIL on the first page of this, and I tried a quick Google search with no luck either.

Thank you
Old 06-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Yes, you . That is an odd one, I haven't tried a call to anyone else with Skype other than that test echo123 user or whatever. In fact I uninstalled the app, it was wreaking havoc on my setup....

My setup is also kinda custom. I'll try it again with a completely clean stock FRX06 here in a few.

Edit - my fault man... I just tried on a completely stock FRX06 setup, and it rebooted on me shortly after hitting end call! I guess that's what I get for testing on custom stuff . So I'm thinking it's the new RIL that is resolving the issue, but I'm not positive. This issue will be resolved in FRX07, whatever the cause is. Sorry again for making you sound crazy, I need to keep a completely stock FRX06 around for testing stuff like this .
THANK you very much for at least trying it out. For a second I thought I have gone completely insane since my long time gf just left me....... anyway, do you have any idea of when FRX07 will be out?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Hm can anyone point me in the right direction for which kernal/rootfs that have the fix for the rhod400 for the landscape/portrait issue and the power issues. I mentioned these problems on page 68 and since arrg said they were fixed, I've been downloading and trying them but can't seem to find one.

So any help would be appreciated if you know the number/version/link to one that is fixed for rhod400.

and just to make sure i've been looking for right things, ril=rootfs?

edit: how odd, after updating things, the phone reboots into winmo after running haret . I'll redownload the entire setup and startover this weekend

Last edited by EyeB; 06-23-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: verizon

solnt is a n00b

Using the htc-msm-linux @ 20110618_144657 build and see some "bug" with me:
- can not hear anything when receive call with wifi on.
- random restart
- wifi signal does not stable.

Have any workaround with these?

Thanks

sol
Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by solnt View Post
Using the htc-msm-linux @ 20110618_144657 build and see some "bug" with me:
- can not hear anything when receive call with wifi on.
- random restart
- wifi signal does not stable.

Have any workaround with these?
I don't think any kernel old or new will improve wifi "signal"...

Random restart, need logs.

Can not hear anything when receive call with wifi on? No clue. Never heard of it. Need logs. But for weird audio issues, quite often are resolved by flipping the speakerphone on, then back off. Try that. There's some new audio routing code, which is still under development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Hm can anyone point me in the right direction for which kernal/rootfs that have the fix for the rhod400 for the landscape/portrait issue and the power issues. I mentioned these problems on page 68 and since arrg said they were fixed, I've been downloading and trying them but can't seem to find one.

So any help would be appreciated if you know the number/version/link to one that is fixed for rhod400.

and just to make sure i've been looking for right things, ril=rootfs?

edit: how odd, after updating things, the phone reboots into winmo after running haret . I'll redownload the entire setup and startover this weekend
Rootfs = rootfs. RIL = RIL. The RIL is basically the tool that speaks directly to the radio (RIL stands for radio interface layer...)

What do you mean landscape/portrait issue? You mean when the phone boots, it's in landscape mode? Hit the back button. It won't happen again until the next boot. Pretty trivial issue...

If you update your rootfs, you'll get a slightly newer RIL. If you're brave, see this thread. If you can't understand it, leave it alone. Wait for the next build, there's a lot of new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
THANK you very much for at least trying it out. For a second I thought I have gone completely insane since my long time gf just left me....... anyway, do you have any idea of when FRX07 will be out?
Ugh. Just like CyanogenMod says, no ETA's. Ever. If I said it'd be out on such a date, and that date goes flying by.. I'd have a lot of stupid posts about why isn't it out yet.

So please, don't ask. It'll be out when it's ready - there's no schedule here, we don't have deadlines here. When it works, and works well is when it'll get released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1979 View Post
I've tried some of the newer kernels from April until the latest in June. None of them resolved my power or wifi issues unfortunately. I tried deleting data.img as well. I also tried a fresh SD format with the HP tool and a clean FRX06 install.

Would you mind pointing me to a RIL tutorial, please? I don't see any references to how to update the RIL on the first page of this, and I tried a quick Google search with no luck either.
Oy, too many problems! Your power issues was no sleeping, and wifi doesn't work at all? There's some tips in the FAQ if wifi never works, or even scans. Certain devices don't get wifi setup correctly for whatever reason.

The RIL tut is above. Beware, it's not easy. If you update to the newest rootfs, you'll get a slightly updated RIL. Definitely the easiest way to update it. Otherwise, there's a lot of 'manual labor' involved.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

owl1979 is a n00b

Quote:

Oy, too many problems! Your power issues was no sleeping, and wifi doesn't work at all? There's some tips in the FAQ if wifi never works, or even scans. Certain devices don't get wifi setup correctly for whatever reason.

The RIL tut is above. Beware, it's not easy. If you update to the newest rootfs, you'll get a slightly updated RIL. Definitely the easiest way to update it. Otherwise, there's a lot of 'manual labor' involved.
Thank you. I'll give it a try.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Do you have a RAPH or a RHOD? This is the RHOD section, I have a fairly similar thread over in the RAPH section...

At any rate, for GPS there's fixes in the FAQ. Tethering... it depends on what type, and again that is addressed in the FAQ. I highly recommend you read it.
I have TP2, so guess that will be RHOD ?

I am heading over to FAQs now... also my Froyo crashes time to time for no apparenmt consistent cause. But I still like to keep Android running over WM any day

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development