PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
You just need to sign up for an account. You don't need anyone to call because there's a bob on it called "skype call testing service" or something like that, that you could call and try to end the call. that was what I was troubling shooting when I was mix and matching different kernels and modules.
Sigh...

I do have an old Skype account evidently, but I have 0 credits. So it didn't let me make any phone calls... and I couldn't figure out how to make a test call. The in-app 'Help' link redirected me to a browser. However, the application itself worked flawlessly. Without being able to test if a call would work or not, I'm not sure what else I can do for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Sigh...

I do have an old Skype account evidently, but I have 0 credits. So it didn't let me make any phone calls... and I couldn't figure out how to make a test call. The in-app 'Help' link redirected me to a browser. However, the application itself worked flawlessly. Without being able to test if a call would work or not, I'm not sure what else I can do for you.
Thank for your try anyway. I was referring to just skype to skype calls not skype to phone calls. I was wondering if you could see the bot from skype to help users ID if their mics and speakers work fine with skype. The bot should be in your contact's list called skype call testing.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thank for your try anyway. I was referring to just skype to skype calls not skype to phone calls. I was wondering if you could see the bot from skype to help users ID if their mics and speakers work fine with skype. The bot should be in your contact's list called skype call testing.
Huh. I had to add "echo123" to my contact list (found this on their help page) and it worked flawlessly. The audio was a little choppy incoming, but when it played back my voice it sounded amazingly clear. The 'far end' sounded pretty bad tho. This was over 3g, not wifi.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Huh. I had to add "echo123" to my contact list (found this on their help page) and it worked flawlessly. The audio was a little choppy incoming, but when it played back my voice it sounded amazingly clear. The 'far end' sounded pretty bad tho. This was over 3g, not wifi.
So what you're saying is when the call was ended, you had no troubles with the phone rebooting? This is seriously weird now.... unless it's something i'm carrying over from previous build. I am using everything from the latest build plus the data file that seems to store all the settings. Could that be the cause of the problem?
Old 06-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
So what you're saying is when the call was ended, you had no troubles with the phone rebooting? This is seriously weird now.... unless it's something i'm carrying over from previous build. I am using everything from the latest build plus the data file that seems to store all the settings. Could that be the cause of the problem?
Uhm... certainly could. Where are you reusing this data.img from? Sometimes it can be reused, but one of the main troubleshooting steps is trying a new data.img. You can rename the old one and force it to create a fresh one, if you want the option to revert.

But yea, the phone did not reboot after the phone call. I was under the impression the phone would reboot for you as soon as you opened the app...
Old 06-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Uhm... certainly could. Where are you reusing this data.img from? Sometimes it can be reused, but one of the main troubleshooting steps is trying a new data.img. You can rename the old one and force it to create a fresh one, if you want the option to revert.

But yea, the phone did not reboot after the phone call. I was under the impression the phone would reboot for you as soon as you opened the app...
I'm reusing that data.img from FRX04 build. I am not sure what it does but from my mix and matching, I think it does contain certain user file inside. Because I copied everything from my folder onto another TP2 except my data.img and it booted up fresh without all the shortcuts that I have placed. I guess I could rename it and force the machine to create a new one but I'd hate to have to reinstall all the apps and putting them on the desktop.

It only gives me problems at the end of the call when the call is terminated. as soon as the call is ended, the screen goes blank and reboots. So I basically cannot take calls. hahahahaha
Any idea on what I might try? I know I can always try formatting my card, but I would love to avoid that if possible. hahahah lazy.......
Old 06-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
I'm reusing that data.img from FRX04 build. I am not sure what it does but from my mix and matching, I think it does contain certain user file inside. Because I copied everything from my folder onto another TP2 except my data.img and it booted up fresh without all the shortcuts that I have placed. I guess I could rename it and force the machine to create a new one but I'd hate to have to reinstall all the apps and putting them on the desktop.

It only gives me problems at the end of the call when the call is terminated. as soon as the call is ended, the screen goes blank and reboots. So I basically cannot take calls. hahahahaha
Any idea on what I might try? I know I can always try formatting my card, but I would love to avoid that if possible. hahahah lazy.......
I already gave you a suggestion. Try a new data.img. You don't have to recreate everything initially, just do it to test... this is part of testing man. You gotta triage & isolate.

So rename the data.img to data.bak. Hit haret, and it'll boot fresh (you're correct, basically all user stuff goes in this data.img file). Since you're just testing, curb the madness of rebuilding everything and simply install Skype and test it. If it still fails in the same way, it's not your data.img. If it works... well you know the answer.

Ever used Titanium Backup? It takes 99.9% of the pain out of restoring everything. The only thing it doesn't restore properly is widgets (oh and perhaps desktop icons, I use ADW so I'm not sure if Titanium handles these or not...) It does take care of all the apps, wifi access points, alarms, etc if you do a full system&data backup&restore. Great app, I use the dang thing so much I bought it. Just wish it worked faster (but that might be our port/phone/SD card crap, not sure).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I already gave you a suggestion. Try a new data.img. You don't have to recreate everything initially, just do it to test... this is part of testing man. You gotta triage & isolate.

So rename the data.img to data.bak. Hit haret, and it'll boot fresh (you're correct, basically all user stuff goes in this data.img file). Since you're just testing, curb the madness of rebuilding everything and simply install Skype and test it. If it still fails in the same way, it's not your data.img. If it works... well you know the answer.

Ever used Titanium Backup? It takes 99.9% of the pain out of restoring everything. The only thing it doesn't restore properly is widgets (oh and perhaps desktop icons, I use ADW so I'm not sure if Titanium handles these or not...) It does take care of all the apps, wifi access points, alarms, etc if you do a full system&data backup&restore. Great app, I use the dang thing so much I bought it. Just wish it worked faster (but that might be our port/phone/SD card crap, not sure).
Thanks for the ideas. I think i'll just try what you just said and see if it help. Or better yet, I think i'll just use the other TP2 to see if it fails since everything was mirrored except for that data.img file.

Edit: I just tried it on another phone and it failed just as i described it. So... I guess I have to try starting everything over.

Last edited by tkedch; 06-20-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

owl1979 is a n00b

Quote:
There's some newer components that fix the sleep oddness. For example, on the stock RIL with CDMA, after a call it will always mess up sleep (it'll take 30s to get the green LED). New RIL fixes this issue. That's one of many bugs that have been fixed in newer code.

As for wifi not working, I guess try a newer kernel? I don't really use wifi, but it always "just works" when I do.

Thanks, arrrghhh. I will give it a try with a new RIL and kernel. I haven't done this before, but I'll follow your instructions in the first post in this thread.

I'll post an update in a few days (tending to a 6 week old baby boy, too!)
Old 06-22-2011, 07:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD500)
Carrier: Orange Romania (GSM)

Biroka is a n00b

Hi!

I installed the latest kernel (21.06.2011), and just wanted to thank all the devs for the amazing work. Finally i have GSM signal on RHOD500 during sleep. Thanks arrrghhh for linking my problem to the devs. The only tiny thing thing that's still a bit annoying, the phone restarts on incoming call end (but that was already reported) (If I'm fast enough, I can end the incoming call myself, then no restart ).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development