PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
The portrait/landscape issue is on the FAQ as well, and it's also fixed in a kernel patch.

Put away the keyboard...? I assume you mean the on-screen kb? Just hit back...
Hm, I'll try the back button when I get home, still working :S

I didn't see a landscape/portait thing in the FAQ though, could you maybe qoute/link to it? Not trying to give you more work because I can't read it, just can't seem to find it anywhere.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey there,
I just want to see if someone else has the same problem I have. On this version, skype finally works for me but unfortunately when the call is ended either initiated by me or the other person the phone would reboot. I have tried many times and it reboots every single time. I am wondering if it's the issue with the new module ending in a1c1.tar since it didn't happen when I was using this latest build with an older module before this.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

owl1979 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
hm yeah but it stays orange even when i turn it "off" (not to winmo though)

I also noticed that I cant hold the menu button to put away the keyboard like on real android phone.

edit: also noticed that the screen starts out in landscape but a open/close of physical keyboard makes it portrait
edit: gone till tonight but I can provide information on the orange led if you need me to test it to see why it stays on :S. I dont know why it would though.
Newbie here. Thank you, everyone, for all of the great help.

I just installed FRX06 on my Sprint TP2 last night. I have the same problem with the Orange LED indicator light on all the time. I've let it charge overnight. With the screen off, it stays orange, and the battery does seem to drain pretty quickly. I'd love to find a solution.

On another note, my wifi worked the first boot and has not worked since. Any tips?

Thank you in advance.

* Edit:
Since this post, I have re-installed FRX06 on a freshly reformatted micro SD and still cannot get Wifi to work. I followed one tip to enable Wifi in WinMo first, tried that, but it still does not turn on ("Error" is all that I get) in Android.

* Edit #2:
I was able to successfully get the green LED indicator to show up after turning off the screen, but I cannot reproduce the steps consistently, meaning if I redo the same steps, sometimes the LED will still stay orange. For now, I'm leaving it alone to see how battery life is for the next couple of days. What I did:
- Added the Toggle widget bar to one of my home screens
- Turned off GPS
- Turned off Sync (this effectively turned off Google Sync but left on Background Sync)
- In Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Turned off Background Sync
- Turned off screen, verified green light came on (about 5-10 seconds, generally, otherwise it didn't work)
- Turned back on Background Sync and Google Sync (left GPS off, and Sync icon in Toggle widget still shows "off")

I tried this routine several times and got it to work a few times, but there was a stretch of 10-15 tries when this didn't work.

Last edited by owl1979; 06-20-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1979 View Post
I just installed FRX06 on my Sprint TP2 last night. I have the same problem with the Orange LED indicator light on all the time. I've let it charge overnight. With the screen off, it stays orange, and the battery does seem to drain pretty quickly. I'd love to find a solution.

On another note, my wifi worked the first boot and has not worked since. Any tips?

Thank you in advance.

* Edit:
Since this post, I have re-installed FRX06 on a freshly reformatted micro SD and still cannot get Wifi to work. I followed one tip to enable Wifi in WinMo first, tried that, but it still does not turn on ("Error" is all that I get) in Android.

* Edit #2:
I was able to successfully get the green LED indicator to show up after turning off the screen, but I cannot reproduce the steps consistently, meaning if I redo the same steps, sometimes the LED will still stay orange. For now, I'm leaving it alone to see how battery life is for the next couple of days. What I did:
- Turned off GPS
- Turned off Sync (this effectively turned off Google Sync but left on Background Sync)
- Turned off screen, verified green light came on (about 5-10 seconds, generally, otherwise it didn't work)
- Turned back on Background Sync and Google Sync (left GPS off, and Sync icon in Toggle widget still shows "off")

I tried this routine several times and got it to work a few times, but there was a stretch of 10-15 tries when this didn't work.
There's some newer components that fix the sleep oddness. For example, on the stock RIL with CDMA, after a call it will always mess up sleep (it'll take 30s to get the green LED). New RIL fixes this issue. That's one of many bugs that have been fixed in newer code.

As for wifi not working, I guess try a newer kernel? I don't really use wifi, but it always "just works" when I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
I just want to see if someone else has the same problem I have. On this version, skype finally works for me but unfortunately when the call is ended either initiated by me or the other person the phone would reboot. I have tried many times and it reboots every single time. I am wondering if it's the issue with the new module ending in a1c1.tar since it didn't happen when I was using this latest build with an older module before this.
I've never used Skype, but the modules-xxxx.tar.gz file must match the kernel version - that is why they are bundled together - always. If you mismatch them, it'll break things like wifi & some other more advanced things like iptables. I don't know if this would effect Skype or not, but again if you update your kernel make sure you replace the modules with it! See the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Hm, I'll try the back button when I get home, still working :S

I didn't see a landscape/portait thing in the FAQ though, could you maybe qoute/link to it? Not trying to give you more work because I can't read it, just can't seem to find it anywhere.
Hrm, perhaps it's not in there. I thought it was... Either way, it is fixed in a kernel patch. Sorry 'bout that, I swore it was but I can't find it either now that I'm lookin .

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthew View Post
I may have missed something but, is there a way to make the end key go to the home screen instead of powering off?
This is definitely in the FAQ.

Quote:
Oh, one more quick question...I tried to edit the APN so I could get MMS to work (I have sprint) but it doesn't seem to save.
This isn't, because the answer isn't simple. The things required to get MMS on Sprint take many fixes (because the way Sprint handles MMS is retarded. See this dev post and the next for a full explanation...) New build will have all of it. I don't really feel like pointing you to 15 different sections to try and implement it all yourself... It's not simple or easy, but when the new build is out (good lord hopefully soon, do not ask when) it'll all be implemented.

Quote:
Just saw something else, it doesn't seem to recognize that there is an SD card and it is saying that there is no more memory.
This is in the FAQ as well. I suggest you read thru it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1979 View Post
Newbie here. Thank you, everyone, for all of the great help.

Thank you in advance.

* Edit:

* Edit #2:
- Turned off GPS

For wifi, did you try the app "wifiace"? After i got that app, wifi works for me. give it a try.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

I've never used Skype, but the modules-xxxx.tar.gz file must match the kernel version - that is why they are bundled together - always. If you mismatch them, it'll break things like wifi & some other more advanced things like iptables. I don't know if this would effect Skype or not, but again if you update your kernel make sure you replace the modules with it! See the FAQ.

So after posting that question, I went ahead and tried mix and matching different kernel and modules. Everything still works except skype still crashes. I haven't narrowed down what the cause of it is maybe it is just the the fact the skype server is acting weird lately since I'm experiencing constant crashes on PC version as well.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
For wifi, did you try the app "wifiace"? After i got that app, wifi works for me. give it a try.
That app should only be necessary if you use WEP - which is a horribly outdated and insecure protocol, if you have any say in the matter CHANGE IT!! Use WPA or WPA2... Much more secure (although nothing is bullet-proof, it's just about blocking the script kiddies which unless you're gov't 99.9% will be...)

Quote:
So after posting that question, I went ahead and tried mix and matching different kernel and modules. Everything still works except skype still crashes. I haven't narrowed down what the cause of it is maybe it is just the the fact the skype server is acting weird lately since I'm experiencing constant crashes on PC version as well.
Well, don't do that. Don't mix & match kernels w/modules, why did you think that would work? I hope someone didn't tell you to do that, because it's certainly wrong.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
That app should only be necessary if you use WEP - which is a horribly outdated and insecure protocol, if you have any say in the matter CHANGE IT!! Use WPA or WPA2... Much more secure (although nothing is bullet-proof, it's just about blocking the script kiddies which unless you're gov't 99.9% will be...)

Well, don't do that. Don't mix & match kernels w/modules, why did you think that would work? I hope someone didn't tell you to do that, because it's certainly wrong.
Yes i do run wpa2 on my home wifi, i installed it just in case i need to access WEP. Nobody told me anything about mix and matching, it was just a my idea to try to trouble shoot the problem with skype. I guess it was just sheer dumb luck or the fact that these kernels and modules aren't that different from the previous ones that they happen to work fine.
Thanks for the advise though! I do wish if you could, could you try out skype and see if you can duplicate the crashing of the phone?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
I do wish if you could, could you try out skype and see if you can duplicate the crashing of the phone?
I guess I could, I have no clue how to use it tho. Don't you need some account and maybe someone to call? I have neither .
Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I guess I could, I have no clue how to use it tho. Don't you need some account and maybe someone to call? I have neither .
You just need to sign up for an account. You don't need anyone to call because there's a bob on it called "skype call testing service" or something like that, that you could call and try to end the call. that was what I was troubling shooting when I was mix and matching different kernels and modules.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development