PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 03:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot File Repository

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
As much as id love to do this on the kernel i think the quick and dirty way to get it done right now is just to modify the rootfs for nand.

What we can do is create a blank file on your sdcard that has the name of your physkeyboard value that would originally go to the startup/cmd line. So for example if you normally use physkeyboard=rhod400 on your cmdline, we can just create an empty file called rhod400.

This modded rootfs can detect that and load the correct kb settings. Thats all the difference really between the rhods.. rest of the crap we alreayd handle in the kernel. I can help someone do this or you would like i can upload one modified already. The downsides are that we would need to keep up with changes on the real community rootfs, but then again that doesnt change much.

Also, i checked tinboot and it really doesnt need any modification. So natemcnutty, not sure why its not working for you. But i can help you mod the scripts if needed.
ACL, sorry if I interrupted anything in IRC today. That's what I was trying to say was that Tinboot worked perfect for me with the build from Sept. 23 and 25, but after the changes on Sept 29, it no longer works on my device.

I've created my own script to do all of the cleanup and compile everything for me. I literally made it so I can't screw it up, and it works for all of the previous builds I've done. It's just the latest zImage that doesn't work for me.

Last edited by natemcnutty; 10-02-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work

ok on this one start animation up is back..but it freezes right @ the animation screen..lol..doesnt go any further
Old 10-02-2010, 04:06 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
ok on this one start animation up is back..but it freezes right @ the animation screen..lol..doesnt go any further
Yup, so same issue as I'm having. I've tried this with several different options. I've tried with force hw3d set to 1 (which is how Wozz had it set). I tried it set to 0 and having it not set at all. None of them worked for me and all froze up at the animation screen.

I have a custom command of "dmesg >> /sdcard/dmesg.txt" in my froyo.conf file, and the last thing it shows is ramzswap size setting which is why I was trying to tweak with that option.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Yup, so same issue as I'm having. I've tried this with several different options. I've tried with force hw3d set to 1 (which is how Wozz had it set). I tried it set to 0 and having it not set at all. None of them worked for me and all froze up at the animation screen.

I have a custom command of "dmesg >> /sdcard/dmesg.txt" in my froyo.conf file, and the last thing it shows is ramzswap size setting which is why I was trying to tweak with that option.
ive already switched back to the 9-25 one..no animation(which i really dont care for)..with out it phone comes one one shot! about 5-10 seconds..kinda like it that way ..ohh!! forgot to add..battery life is great!! as u mentioned b4..once the backlight bein on is figured out..this should be good..i get bout 5-6 hours with it on..imagin with it off
the orange led also..cuz the phone may be in my pocket and it comes on..and i would have a hotpocket!!..lol

Last edited by damage_them; 10-02-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:22 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
ive already switched back to the 9-25 one..no animation(which i really dont care for)..with out it phone comes one one shot! about 5-10 seconds..kinda like it that way
Excellent. Thanks for the feedback. As far as the animation goes, I did compile the 9-25 one with force_hw3d=0 since we didn't have 3d enabled yet. I can generate a new one with it set to 1 for you to play with tomorrow and see if that makes any difference.

As far as the new build is concerned, I'm just hoping ACL might have an idea of what is going on there. I'll have some free time tomorrow to really take a look at the changes between the 9-25 build and the 9-29 commit and see if anything sticks out, but I'm pretty sure ACL's code is perfect since it seems to be working for him. I'm kind of hoping there's something that just didn't get committed that is needed to get it working
Old 10-02-2010, 04:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Excellent. Thanks for the feedback. As far as the animation goes, I did compile the 9-25 one with force_hw3d=0 since we didn't have 3d enabled yet. I can generate a new one with it set to 1 for you to play with tomorrow and see if that makes any difference.

As far as the new build is concerned, I'm just hoping ACL might have an idea of what is going on there. I'll have some free time tomorrow to really take a look at the changes between the 9-25 build and the 9-29 commit and see if anything sticks out, but I'm pretty sure ACL's code is perfect since it seems to be working for him. I'm kind of hoping there's something that just didn't get committed that is needed to get it working
great!! ill be looking out for it to test it
Old 10-02-2010, 05:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

for now to find the root cause i would plug in the usb and run adb to get a logcat and dmesg right around the point of the crash. I checked the git and all my files are there.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Well, since your device performed a little differently than mine did with the 0925 build, maybe you can see if the latest build works for you. I just updated the first post with a newly compiled NBH (included the zImage for reference) and module files. On my device, it seems like it freezes on the loading screen, but it is doing something because I'll see it flicker every so often. Unfortunately, nothing gets logged to dmesg, so I have no way to figure out exactly what it is doing.

Also, you may want to edit your froyo.conf file on the SD card to reduce the size of compcache to something smaller than 90 as that seemed to help me get a little further into the boot before it froze

0930 build froze at boot animation same as others. Had plugged in to pc and running adb for logcat dump. Never initialized the driver or USB.

Set compcache to 50, it went about 2 seconds longer. I think

Set to 1.... Blank screen
Old 10-02-2010, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

@ nate i just realized that my keyboard is not mapping right..i think i saw acl mention something about that...im rhod400..was this suppose to detect it or is your tinboot specifically for rhod500??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
As much as id love to do this on the kernel i think the quick and dirty way to get it done right now is just to modify the rootfs for nand.

What we can do is create a blank file on your sdcard that has the name of your physkeyboard value that would originally go to the startup/cmd line. So for example if you normally use physkeyboard=rhod400 on your cmdline, we can just create an empty file called rhod400.

This modded rootfs can detect that and load the correct kb settings. Thats all the difference really between the rhods.. rest of the crap we alreayd handle in the kernel. I can help someone do this or you would like i can upload one modified already. The downsides are that we would need to keep up with changes on the real community rootfs, but then again that doesnt change much.

Also, i checked tinboot and it really doesnt need any modification. So natemcnutty, not sure why its not working for you. But i can help you mod the scripts if needed.
ACL, I'd be happy to maintain this, and rootfs really doesn't change much. From reading through init (http://gitorious.org/xdandroid-eclai...bs/master/init), it looks like I just change lines 430 through 505 to basically replace "if /bin/grep -c 'physkeyboard=fuze' /proc/cmdline >/dev/null" with "if -f /sdcard/rhod500" or and each subsequent model?

I will start packaging the CustomRUU with the NBH and everything else that is needed in a folder named SD Card. With Dropbox, I don't have to worry about space or bandwidth, so it just means people will have to download a slightly bigger file.

As for why the 09-29 changes aren't working for me, I'm looking into that today. Unfortunately, the wife wants me to go shopping with her which could take a while. I'll have some free time while I watch the U of O vs Stanford game in a few hours though

Last edited by natemcnutty; 10-02-2010 at 05:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development