PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot File Repository

9/30 zImage and Modules.

I tried to start wifi with logcat dump.

E/WifiService( 1286): Failed to load Wi-Fi driver.

Tried a couple times.

dmesg shows it had been enabled

[ 6.280609] MMC: WiFi device enable

Anyway here is the full thing.

If needed with clean build/Data.Img let me know I have a backup.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wifidmesg.zip (21.0 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip wifi-logcat.zip (6.2 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
9/30 zImage and Modules.

I tried to start wifi with logcat dump.

E/WifiService( 1286): Failed to load Wi-Fi driver.

Tried a couple times.

dmesg shows it had been enabled

[ 6.280609] MMC: WiFi device enable

Anyway here is the full thing.

If needed with clean build/Data.Img let me know I have a backup.
I've been troubleshooting this for a while now. The problem is that it is not using the update modules and instead is looking for the ones from Wozz's NBH build. I believe the only way to get this working is to build a new NBH, but I can't boot all the way into Android with any of the NBH files that I've generated today.

I have a bad feeling that tinboot git is missing a lot of code. When I flash Wozz's, I see details about the keyboard and everything loads fine. On mine, I see nothing about the keyboard, and it stalls at the loading screen. dmesg dump says it freezes right after compcache stuff.

I'm going home now and rebuilding everything. I've got 5 copies of the NBH, zImage, and modules compiled with and without ti and compcache. Perhaps someone else can clone tinboot and give compiling a shot. Maybe I'm just retarded...

Last edited by natemcnutty; 09-30-2010 at 10:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

I could boot into my vmware and clone the git.

I'm not sure what all I'll need to build it.

At one time I did compile a kernel off the main htc-msm-linux branch.

Just remembering how to setup the compile environment.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

natemcnutty: i spoke to wozz, he will jump on tonight to take a look and see what we are missing.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rawker is just getting started

I feel like a noob asking this, but what is the best way to update the zImage and Modules? are you taking out the sd card?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawker View Post
I feel like a noob asking this, but what is the best way to update the zImage and Modules? are you taking out the sd card?
You'd have to shut down the phone first, but that would be one method. The other method is flash back to WinMo....
Old 10-01-2010, 03:38 PM
N00b

rawker is just getting started

Is there a fix for the backlight staying on?
Old 10-01-2010, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawker View Post
Is there a fix for the backlight staying on?
Its actually in the works. There is some testing going on but nothign was published. Should fix the auto dim and led lights. Hope all the tests go well so we can get this patched up.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Its actually in the works. There is some testing going on but nothign was published. Should fix the auto dim and led lights. Hope all the tests go well so we can get this patched up.
sounds great!..im ready for testing once they drop!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You'd have to shut down the phone first, but that would be one method. The other method is flash back to WinMo....
Unfortunately, the zImage is on the actual NAND, and you can't update it. I originally thought it was pulling from my SD Card, but that explained why I could never get hw3d working and wifi wouldn't work with the updated modules.

For now, the only way to test the new zImage/modules is with Haret since Tinboot isn't playing nice right now. I was kind of hoping ACL and Wozz wouldn't have to waste their time on Tinboot, but whatever isn't working is over my head

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development