PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 04:22 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk

lol. i keep a little hampster wheel with me while im sitting at the park that charges my phone. and during a storm the other night i used lemon juice and a potato and a set of rca's. i had to buy a new cable the next day. jk.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro

valdor21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I haven't charged my phone for 14 hours again I with medium heavy usage and my battery has not died I'm really supried more people aren't reporting how amazing the epic battery is

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Epic Battery Life!!!

took it off at 11am and at 9pm I was getting low battery messages, I used it in the bathroom a couple times and took a couple pictures with it... check email a few times, etc... not much.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(pers) HTC Aria (work)
Carrier: Sprint

mayford5 is a n00b

I am getting about 12-14 hours on min also. I have a picture of my wife and kids for my wallpaper. I use wi-fi and keep my screen about 45% unless outside. I have push for my exchange server turned on and also a constant update for my gmail account.

With that said I did notice it takes a long time to charge. I think its because the charger is .7 amps. The charger for my work phone is 1.2 amps(this is for an HTC Aria) I swapped the chargers and it was a lot better. I made sure that the rest matched up. don't know of anything else I could do except get a different charger.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Off charger for the last 13 hours and I'm still over 50%...that's with a handful of calls and pretty regular texting all on 3G.

late,
Coz
Old 09-05-2010, 07:38 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Now that I am over the initial "I have to play with this phone every waking second" my battery life has improved greatly. Yesterday I took it off the charger at 7:00 am and at 8:00 last night my kids were taking turns playing "Raging Thunder 2" and"Replica Island" for about 45 minutes. When they finally put it down I checked the battery and it was at 22%.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:57 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This is the 3rd or 4th thread that has been started about battery life. Look at the main "Samsung Galaxy Series" page and you will see a sticky about battery performance.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132689

Can we keep everything there? Its hard trying to follow all these different threads and battery life is obviously a popular subject.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:15 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfoster View Post
This is the 3rd or 4th thread that has been started about battery life. Look at the main "Samsung Galaxy Series" page and you will see a sticky about battery performance.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132689

Can we keep everything there? Its hard trying to follow all these different threads and battery life is obviously a popular subject.
Bump!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When I purchased my Epic 4G on Friday, the sales rep at the Sprint store told me that I had to train my battery by using the phone (from the store, as it was) until completely discharged and the phone dies. Then recharge it completely, and do the same again. He said after 3 to 5 days of this it should reach max life/efficiency.

When I came home w/ the phone, the batt. indicator was flashing. I streamed slacker radio for about 4 hrs (no kidding) w/ my bluetooth earpiece to kill it. Finally died. Recharged (as instructed) and used the phone again until it died (which didn't take long) .. lather, rinse, repeat.. the first night, the phone died just sitting on a dresser. Now (sunday morning) I seem to be getting increasingly better/longer life.

I've never heard of a "training" procedure. I do know that (w/ WinBlows phones) when you flash a custom ROM to it, it takes a few charge/discharge cycles for the ROM/power management to accurately gauge the battery. Maybe it's similar w/ these new android devices ? (speculating)..

Just wanted to share my battery experience.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:28 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
When I purchased my Epic 4G on Friday, the sales rep at the Sprint store told me that I had to train my battery by using the phone (from the store, as it was) until completely discharged and the phone dies. Then recharge it completely, and do the same again. He said after 3 to 5 days of this it should reach max life/efficiency.

When I came home w/ the phone, the batt. indicator was flashing. I streamed slacker radio for about 4 hrs (no kidding) w/ my bluetooth earpiece to kill it. Finally died. Recharged (as instructed) and used the phone again until it died (which didn't take long) .. lather, rinse, repeat.. the first night, the phone died just sitting on a dresser. Now (sunday morning) I seem to be getting increasingly better/longer life.

I've never heard of a "training" procedure. I do know that (w/ WinBlows phones) when you flash a custom ROM to it, it takes a few charge/discharge cycles for the ROM/power management to accurately gauge the battery. Maybe it's similar w/ these new android devices ? (speculating)..

Just wanted to share my battery experience.

Yes indeed you should always calibrate the battery....I have done it on numerous phones...you will see significant improvement...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G