PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 08:33 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk

Well as we all know these darn phones if used are never going to get great battery life...but what I always do is get an extra battery.....problem solved for whenever I use a ton of data, etc....here is what I bought...pretty good deal to me for OEM batt and stand alone charger...the stand alone charges the battery quicker also....but overall the batt life is pretty good to me..its just I use the crap out of my phones....

Here it is....

http://shop.sprint.com/NASApp/online...ubPageNumber=0

BTW is does say out of stock online...but they had a lot at my Sprint corp store....
Old 09-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Epic Battery Life!!!

Merged "Epic Battery Life!!!" into "Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk".
Old 09-05-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA

beejmeister is becoming a great contributor

I have to say that it sucks to walk into my local SPRINT store, where I know them as I've been doing business with them for 10 years or so, and, when I mentioned that I had a battery that was dying fast, have them ask me if I had my BT shut off.... Really? I have to disable a critical function of the phone in order to be able to keep battery life? That makes NO SENSE!

Look. I have carried several smart phones over the years... and gotten used to disabling BT, carrying ONE extra battery and when I can.... I ALWAYS plug in to my PC, car or wall....

But this thing is beyond the pale of bad battery life.

Also. And I find this most laughable... everyone is saying to make sure that the 4G is off... So... Is it rude for me to notice the elephant in the room called SPRINT's advertising of 4G as the Second Coming, but also point out that, whatever we do, DON'T TURN ON 4G?

The solutions out on all of this and other web sites is to add software that disables data communications when the phone screen is off, keep your BT off, Don't use 4G (WHATEVER you DO!), Watch how many apps you have that may use internet access, etc. REALLY? So what did I really get. The latest and greatest cutting edge phone that turns into a paper weight by 1 in the afternoon (or earlier) unless I have a pocket full of batteries to support it?

Isn't this like building a Jumbo Jet, bragging that it can travel at the speed of sound, it has an on deck kitchen to serve gourmet meals during the flight, that the seats are the most comfortable ever and have massage functions built in, and many other AWESOME things.... but OOPS! we only put a fuel tank on it that can take you HALF way across the Atlantic? Unless of course, you don't bring any luggage, don't bring any food to be served by the gourmet kitchen, don't turn on the special functions like the massage chairs... AND... whatever you do... DON'T FLY FASTER THAN 350 MPH!

WTF???!! Isn't this phone sold as being able to do all of these amazing things at phenomenol speeds and that doing all of this is the great big reason to have this phone?

Love the phone's functionality.... hate the implementation.....
ROM: What day is it?

Last edited by beejmeister; 09-05-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Syntax update
Old 09-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Here it is....

http://shop.sprint.com/NASApp/online...ubPageNumber=0

BTW is does say out of stock online...but they had a lot at my Sprint corp store....
How much is it?
Old 09-05-2010, 05:43 PM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Originally posted here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=12

I thought I would tell a short tale on this subject. While I am still TP2ing it, my wife's TP2 bit the dust a couple of weeks ago, so she was one of the first in line to get the Epic. Like so many of you, her battery life was horrible and it would go from charger to low battery warning in about 3 hours. We tried the usual suspects of lowering the screen brightness (which, even at its lowest setting was tremendously bright), not actively syncing with her GMail account, etc. and she still had very poor performance from the battery.

Over the last 5 days, she has twice had the issue where she would have "No data connection available" which would necessitate her pulling the battery to reset it. When it happened this morning, she was beyond pissed and called Sprint Customer Service. The guy suggested that she update her profile on the phone. When she tried to do this, she could not because it failed with an "unknown error". When the CS rep called her back five minutes later to check on her, she reported what happened and he asked her to take it to a Sprint store. We did, and - de rigueur - they wanted to hard reset her phone and that it would take a hour for the techs to get to it. Since I'm still a WinMo guy, I don't know how to do this on her phone, so I suggested that they just give us a new phone since hers was only 5 days old. After a slightly heated conversation between me and the Sprint store rep (it never elevated in volume, mind, but I just pointed out to him that if I came back in a couple days with the same problem, I was going to be one unhappy camper), he finally relented and gave her a new phone.

Now, this is where the story gets a bit interesting.

One of the first things that I noticed is that the new phone she has is either a new hardware rev and/or a new software build because on the previous phone, the brightness settings for the display only had four levels...the new phone has 10 levels and can get MUCH dimmer than the old one. The second thing we noticed is that this one charges about twice as fast as her old one...and the battery seems to be lasting much longer.

With all that being said, I'm wondering if the people who are having terrible luck with the battery had the same production run as my wife's first phone and - conversely - if the people having good luck have the other production run.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smu View Post
Originally posted here:

I thought I would tell a short tale on this subject. While I am still TP2ing it, my wife's TP2 bit the dust a couple of weeks ago, so she was one of the first in line to get the Epic. Like so many of you, her battery life was horrible and it would go from charger to low battery warning in about 3 hours. We tried the usual suspects of lowering the screen brightness (which, even at its lowest setting was tremendously bright), not actively syncing with her GMail account, etc. and she still had very poor performance from the battery.

Over the last 5 days, she has twice had the issue where she would have "No data connection available" which would necessitate her pulling the battery to reset it. When it happened this morning, she was beyond pissed and called Sprint Customer Service. The guy suggested that she update her profile on the phone. When she tried to do this, she could not because it failed with an "unknown error". When the CS rep called her back five minutes later to check on her, she reported what happened and he asked her to take it to a Sprint store. We did, and - de rigueur - they wanted to hard reset her phone and that it would take a hour for the techs to get to it. Since I'm still a WinMo guy, I don't know how to do this on her phone, so I suggested that they just give us a new phone since hers was only 5 days old. After a slightly heated conversation between me and the Sprint store rep (it never elevated in volume, mind, but I just pointed out to him that if I came back in a couple days with the same problem, I was going to be one unhappy camper), he finally relented and gave her a new phone.

One of the first things that I noticed is that the new phone she has is either a new hardware rev and/or a new software build because on the previous phone, the brightness settings for the display only had four levels...the new phone has 10 levels and can get MUCH dimmer than the old one. The second thing we noticed is that this one charges about twice as fast as her old one...and the battery seems to be lasting much longer.

With all that being said, I'm wondering if the people who are having terrible luck with the battery had the same production run as my wife's first phone and - conversely - if the people having good luck have the other production run.
im going to have to check this out, im having the same troubles with my device charging slow and draining horribly quick under moderate use and forget about heavy.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2010, 05:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by smu View Post
Originally posted here:

;m having pretty good battery life... and my screen brightness seems to have a wide range of progression from bright to low.... but whre do u find the settings where its showing the screen brightness levels numbered? On my epic in the settings menu it a simple slider...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2010, 10:23 AM
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
How much is it?
I paid $42.39......they gave me a 20% discount....
Old 09-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
Off charger for the last 13 hours and I'm still over 50%...that's with a handful of calls and pretty regular texting all on 3G.

late,
Coz

Yo Coz how many/what type of APPS do you have installed? Do you sync gmail/facebook/twitter/exchange?

Did I help? The is down to the right

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G