PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SE X1i

Golgofier is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Since you are running with the Xperia x1i you might run into a few problems since my cab installs the HTCVolumecontrol.dll and I am not sure if this is compatible with your device however the other files should be pretty standard. First since you are GSM the nuepowerdriver will not work properly but with the registry edits posted on the first post this will be the work around for this method, secondly look into your /Windows file and tell me if you have the shellres.192.dll and a shellres.192.dll.0409.mui if you do then delete the .mui file and soft reset. You will not need the HTCVolumecontrol.dll so this you may delete as well. Try these two and tell me how your phone acts, it might be the added dll causing conflict I don't know. If you continue to eperience more problems then I might have to take a trip over to XDA and look at some of the ROM files there to see if you have any specific files that we might have missed. So far on the taskbar's have been tried out on most HTC Devices and work with minor glitches such as the HTC Touch HD. Thank you for your feedback as this helps us continue to improve and hopefully with your feedback it will help us in developing device specific taskbar's or help us point users with different devices to the correct files and settings.
Hi! Hmm, there might be a conflict here after all. Im using a cooked ROM from XDA on my X1i which among other things contain TF3D and a lot of Touch HD cabs and systems files, including HTCVolumeControl.
So, if the taskbar installs htcvolumecontrol which is already present that might cause a problem, no?

I do have shellres.192.dll and shellres.192.dll.0409.mui, but the mui file threw "access denied" when I tried to delete it. The windows dir also has HTCVolumeControl.dll and HTCVolumeControl.dll.0409.mui.
There are also four different "shellresapps.dll", if that has any significance.
And btw, the ROM I'm using (which is excellent, fast and stable) is Touch-IT Xperience v3.5 RC1:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=473133

BR
//N
Old 02-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgofier View Post
Hi! Hmm, there might be a conflict here after all. Im using a cooked ROM from XDA on my X1i which among other things contain TF3D and a lot of Touch HD cabs and systems files, including HTCVolumeControl.
So, if the taskbar installs htcvolumecontrol which is already present that might cause a problem, no?

I do have shellres.192.dll and shellres.192.dll.0409.mui, but the mui file threw "access denied" when I tried to delete it. The windows dir also has HTCVolumeControl.dll and HTCVolumeControl.dll.0409.mui.
There are also four different "shellresapps.dll", if that has any significance.
And btw, the ROM I'm using (which is excellent, fast and stable) is Touch-IT Xperience v3.5 RC1:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=473133

BR
//N
Okay well first try to rename the shellres.192.dll.0409.mui to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui.bak and then rename the shellres.192.dll to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui and then soft reset. You get access denied because right now your phone is reading that file so you have to put a .b or .bak on the end of it and rename the other one to make it read it. You should have both of the HTCVolumecontrol.dll files you said you have so this should be okay. My cab does not install any shellresapps.dll so this must be from the ROM you are using. So lets try and fix the shellres.192 for now and see how this does. If this doesn't work we can continue to troubleshoot it until we figure out what is going on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Another attempt.... let me know what you guys think.

If you are a fan of my work, please feel free to .

Misfortune Taskbar v2.0

Misfortune Taskbar v1.0

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:23 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ca3sar, use diamond tweak app. to get battery icon to show. if all is good on your end it will show. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=409540
Old 02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
I like. Would be better if you integrate the multi-colore scheme from your first attempt at these icons into these.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:12 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
ok,Ive been reading,testing for many hours and nothing seems to work properly on qvga except the signal bars.most of the links for qvga are invalid... i wish that someone would start this kind of thread for vogues...anybody have fresh tapres96?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA3SAR View Post
i was able to have everything work at one time for qvga, But i thing the speaker and battery are the same but i cant get battery to show.
Try here. I've converted most of the icon sets to QVGA for my Touch Vogue. There are also links to other QVGA items as well. Just follow my instructions for getting these to work on a QVGA device and it should work fine.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgofier View Post
Hey, thanks for trying to help me out on this. To clear things up a bit:
Before installing taskbar I have one file called shellres.192.dll as well as a shellres.dll.0409.mui

After installation I can see that shellres.192.dll has been replaced by a slightly larger file, but there is no shellres.192.dll.0409.mui
Something must have gone wrong in some previous uninstall because now the new battery icon wont appear after installing the taskbar, it defaults back to the standard black/white one. The other icons show up though.
Okay the shellres.dll.0409.mui is different from the shellres.192.dll, the battery is controls from the phcanOverbmp.dll so make sure this file is in there and good to go, for GSM this will also have your network icons as well such as the G, H and 3G ones. Can you try to unistall the taskbar, soft reset, unistall the sdkcerts and soft reset, Then install each one over again. Once this is complete check your registry settings that are listed on the first page for the battery. You don't need ther nuepowerdriver since this is CDMA version, few have gotten it to work on GSM but it has still caused there battery icon to act weird at times. There is a list on the first page of this thread that has what icons are in each dll so doulble check that if you run into problems. If all else fails could be a conflict with the ROM somewhere and we might need to consult the ROM builder as to what settings he/she has changed and what registry tweaks were added so we can somehow counter them in order to get the taskbar to behave correctly.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

...and the more simplistic approach...im never going to get a second set done. haha.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Yuck..im starting to dis.gust myself...

Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond NLD
Carrier: mobistar

benji is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
thanks for that, but thats not the issue im having. i dont actually have anything showing up in large fonts, rather my volume buttons dont work, and then the whole phone stops responding, which requires a soft reset to fix

any insight?

I used to have the same problem so I removed the HTCVolumeControl
I included HallengreeN his cab...
The image is a screenshot of what you can expect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc_capture2.jpg (8.1 KB, 192 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Remove-Htcvolume-by-HallengreeN.cab (3.0 KB, 40 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by benji; 02-11-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes