PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Oh No! Is anyone with 3D going to Samsung S II ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceNOLO View Post
I have a Samsung TV. That's it.. HTC makes better phones, plain and simple. Switching from An Evo 3d to ANY Samsung device is like buying a v12 aston martin and then trading it in for a v8 because it was too fast! ha! the best analogy I could come up with.
umm..thats a poor analogy because if we are measuring raw speed Epic is faster then the Evo and SGS2 is faster then the Evo 3d..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:55 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Samsung couldnt get flip phones right. Wouldn't ever want one of their wacked out "smart" phones lol. Who sells more phones again? I do love my samsung led tv but not the green overscan line when on the smooth setting.
Looks like Samsung did! With Apple 2nd, and Nokia in 3rd. HTC failed to get honorable mention.

Report says Samsung smartphone sales might have surpassed those of the Apple iPhone - Phone Arena

Last edited by gullzway; 07-25-2011 at 10:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
umm..thats a poor analogy because if we are measuring raw speed Epic is faster then the Evo and SGS2 is faster then the Evo 3d..
It's certainly not faster at receiving updates, lol.

It's not faster at recording 3D videos either.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
It's certainly not faster at receiving updates, lol.
Samsung actually updates quite often..the bigger problem is the carrier upgrade speed..If carriers don't do customization this time around the upgrade speed would improve tremendously..

Though at same time its kinda works out in a different way..for example Epic took longer to get Froyo, but when it got it it got 2.2.1 which evo 4g never got...Evo got gingerbread first but got 2.3.3 while Epic is going to get gingerbread with 2.3.4 soon. (To my knowledge Evo did not get official 2.3.4 yet..I "think")

But ill tell you this Samsung stuff definitely root faster...

Quote:
It's not faster at recording 3D videos either.
um..so...if 3d is important to you that is understandable..but most people are fine either way...
Old 07-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I thought processing speed of tasks on the two devices was similar. The epic beat the EVO in benchmarks because of the gpu.

On another note, I like Android. I'm writing this on my 3D now and due to a problem with my EVO4G, Sprint is replacing it with a nexus s! Super stoked!

tapa tapa tapa
Old 07-26-2011, 03:07 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I thought processing speed of tasks on the two devices was similar. The epic beat the EVO in benchmarks because of the gpu.
It wins in both GPU and CPU scores...

Quote:
On another note, I like Android. I'm writing this on my 3D now and due to a problem with my EVO4G, Sprint is replacing it with a nexus s! Super stoked!

tapa tapa tapa
Welcome to the dark side :P
Old 07-26-2011, 04:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Speeeddemon99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Speeeddemon99 Send a message via Yahoo to Speeeddemon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceNOLO View Post
I have a Samsung TV. That's it.. HTC makes better phones, plain and simple. Switching from An Evo 3d to ANY Samsung device is like buying a v12 aston martin and then trading it in for a v8 because it was too fast! ha! the best analogy I could come up with.
Good one!!! LMAO
Old 07-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes, the epic is faster than evo. But the sgs2 is about the same compared to the evo 3d. The evo 3d is 1.2 snapdragon and sgs2 is cortex a-9 and when compared they are not too far off in testing.
One thing sgs2 will kill 3d in is memory. It comes in either 16gb or 32gb internal, 3d is only 4g.
But again, it's all about what you prefer to use. I like samsung but I prefer htc because their phones are alittle but more solid and they release updates alot faster. In the end its about what works for you and who you like the most. I myself prefer htc sense and more updates over samsung touch wiz and fewer updates.

Sent from my EVO 3D using PPCGEEKS Android App
Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Yes, the epic is faster than evo. But the sgs2 is about the same compared to the evo 3d. The evo 3d is 1.2 snapdragon and sgs2 is cortex a-9 and when compared they are not too far off in testing.
One thing sgs2 will kill 3d in is memory. It comes in either 16gb or 32gb internal, 3d is only 4g.
But again, it's all about what you prefer to use. I like samsung but I prefer htc because their phones are alittle but more solid and they release updates alot faster. In the end its about what works for you and who you like the most.
When looking at benchmarks that support dual core processors..SGS2 seems to be doing 25%-50% better on both cpu and gpu.

Quote:
I myself prefer htc sense and more updates over samsung touch wiz and fewer updates.
Touchwiz launcher is not so bad and with new 4.0 version its very light, you can actually load up 4.0 on all android phones if you want to play around ith it...

The big difference I think which gives Samsung the edge is they create their own processors, so the TouchWiz framework is not bloatware like on other phones.. it actually helps speed up the phone...hence an Epic with gingerbread actually beats a nexus s with gingerbread due to nexus s missing the framework.

On terms of upgrades its a 2 way thing..Samsung actually updates fairly open and they send a test build almost every week..so we had like 4-5 gingerbread leaked roms so far...so as you can guess the international version updates even more often.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

gTen I've seen you claim this often, but you are comparing an underclocked phone with broken drivers pushing 33% more pixels so of course by current methods it will appear to be inferior, as to raw specs the adreno220 actually triangulates more and general cpu/gpu performance is tantamount. Let's bench the Hercules vs the GS2 and then you can start naming stats, as it stands before custom ROMs and HTC OTAs the GS2 will outperform the 3D, but that has nothing to do with hardware. The vibrant had good hardware but runs stock like shit and similarly would be unfair for me to say that the hummingbird is fubar because you can't even slide screens without insane lag on a cappy or a vibrant.

Personally I chose not to go with the 3D because the 3D seems gimmicky, I don't need 2 five MP cameras, and I don't need all this 3D crap draining my battery, I also hate both the 3D and Sensation stock ROMs and neither one is optimized to take advantage of the asynchronous cores.

If you need better performance NOW then get an SGS2, if you want a phone with hardware that more devs and game/app makers will support then hang on to your 3D. I don't see EA and all the big namers making games specifically optimized for the exynos.

I also like SLCD qHD more than SAMOLED+ WVGA but that's a personal preference.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison