PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Oh No! Is anyone with 3D going to Samsung S II ???

Haven't you guys learned by now? When you see gTen in a Samsung thread, it's game over. The dude is a major Samsung fanboy. If anyone, in any thread, says one even remotely negative thing about Samsung, he will be there to defend all that is good and holy to him.

Just let it die. We all know there is a reason that HTC sells way more smartphones than Samsung (even if the Galaxy S 2 sells more than any 1 of them because HTC calls them all something different on each carrier even when it's really the same , I don't think anyone is denying that HTC sells more overall smartphones than Samsung). So if gTen refuses to admit it, just let him continue on in his own Samsung paradise world. I seriously wonder if he works for Samsung or is from Korea and been fed the Samsung propaganda his whole life or something.

Oh, and by the way gTen, once again this year all the biggest movies are in 3D. If "most" people don't care about 3D as you said, I sure can't tell. Even your precious Samsung has started working on a 3D version of the Galaxy S 2, so clearly they know that people do care about 3D. It just took HTC to do it first so they could copy them again.

And I don't even have anything against Samsung. It's just when I see gTen doing his Samsung cheerleader bit, it makes me want to lash out against anything Samsung.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 07-26-2011 at 01:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
gTen I've seen you claim this often, but you are comparing an underclocked phone with broken drivers pushing 33% more pixels so of course by current methods it will appear to be inferior,
That is irrelevant in CPU scores, as for GPU scores, smartbench renders at wvga to on both devices to account for the resolution so they are on even ground. They are also running on the same CPU frequency so its fair game.

Quote:
as to raw specs the adreno220 actually triangulates more and general cpu/gpu performance is tantamount.
Even the original sgs has gpu performance on par with the adreno220 minus the new features of the gpu. The SGS2 has quad core mali which is estimated to be 120M triangles a sec where adreno 220 is 88M triangles a sec

Quote:
Let's bench the Hercules vs the GS2 and then you can start naming stats, as it stands before custom ROMs
um..Hercules is a 4.5" SGS2....why does it need to be benched against itself?

Quote:
and HTC OTAs the GS2 will outperform the 3D, but that has nothing to do with hardware. The vibrant had good hardware but runs stock like shit and similarly would be unfair for me to say that the hummingbird is fubar because you can't even slide screens without insane lag on a cappy or a vibrant.
That is due to the RFS filesystem used on the original SGS series...SGS 2 does not use RFS anymore...

Quote:
I don't see EA and all the big namers making games specifically optimized for the exynos.
They all seem to be optimizing for the Tegra 2 actually lol...on the bright side though...the MALI gpu used is the official GPU of ARM....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Haven't you guys learned by now? When you see gTen in a Samsung thread, it's game over. The dude is a major Samsung fanboy. If anyone, in any thread, says one even remotely negative thing about Samsung, he will be there to defend all that is good and holy to him.
no..not really...

Quote:
Just let it die. We all know there is a reason that HTC sells way more smartphones than Samsung (even if the Galaxy S 2 sells more than any 1 of them because HTC calls them all something different on each carrier even when it's really the same , I don't think anyone is denying that HTC sells more overall smartphones than Samsung).
um..HTC sold 11 million smartphones in Q2...Samsung sold between 18 and 21 million (exact numbers will be july 29th)..so apparently either you or the whole world is in denial..your choice...

Quote:
So if gTen refuses to admit it, just let him continue on in his own Samsung paradise world. I seriously wonder if he works for Samsung or is from Korea and been fed the Samsung propaganda his whole life or something.
The answer is no to both, I do not work for samsung neither am I korean or even asian for that matter...any more allegations you would like to add? As I said before to you 1000x..I am fine with any manufacturer, I just want to see variety...as I currently have a Samsung phone it is easier for me to explain them then other brands such as LG, Huwai, ZTE, Motorola which I don't have...

Quote:
Oh, and by the way gTen, once again this year all the biggest movies are in 3D. If "most" people don't care about 3D as you said, I sure can't tell. Even your precious Samsung has started working on a 3D version of the Galaxy S 2, so clearly they know that people do care about 3D. It just took HTC to do it first so they could copy them again.
3D is cool in theaters..but even on TVs its so and so and on a smartphone its a meh...There is a reason why TV sales are down...cause the majority don't care for 3D much...aka its one of those features that wouldn't hurt but not a deal breaker for most. and for 25$ you can make any screen 3d and better then the parralex barrier used on the Evo3d too...

also LG was first to the 3D game actually..just not in the US...so if your willing to admit that HTC copied LG, ill admit Samsung copied HTC...

Quote:
And I don't even have anything against Samsung. It's just when I see gTen doing his Samsung cheerleader bit, it makes me want to lash out against anything Samsung.
And ironically I don't really have anything against HTC :/ lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

because hercules uses a snap with a adreno...

edit: And they are certainly not optimized for the mali because it doesn't even support texture compression but for ETC...

Last edited by orangekid; 07-26-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
3D is cool in theaters..but even on TVs its so and so and on a smartphone its a meh...There is a reason why TV sales are down...cause the majority don't care for 3D much...aka its one of those features that wouldn't hurt but not a deal breaker for most. and for 25$ you can make any screen 3d and better then the parralex barrier used on the Evo3d too...
Uh, yeah, TV sales are down because people don't care about 3D. And home sales must be down because people don't want to put a 3D tv in their new home, right?

Priceless. We're in the middle of a global economic disaster and the reason TV sales are down is because people don't care about 3D. LOL

By the way, 3D on smartphones is great. Go buy yourself one and try it before you go spouting off about things you don't know. I went on a major trip right after the Evo 3D was released and now that I am home I have a bunch of 3D pictures and videos that look AWESOME on my 3D tv. All made possible because I happened to have a 3D smartphone with me at all times.

And there is no way you can spend $25 and convert a 55 inch tv into a 3D tv. There is also no way you can spend $25 and have your phone start shooting 3D pictures and videos. Again, you make it obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about. Nobody is buying a 3D smartphone so they can watch movies on it. Yeah, it's nice to be able to do that, I guess. But the main attraction is you can MAKE 3D movies on it. You need a 3D screen to be able to do that, but the 3D cameras are the main attraction there. The screen is just there to support the cameras. And in 15 years when everything is 3D, you'll be wishing you had realized this sooner, as you look at old 2D pictures and videos on your big screen 3D tv.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
because hercules uses a snap with a adreno...
I missed that article..yes apparently it does.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Gameloft HD Games Optimized for Qualcomm's Snapdragon CPUs - Softpedia

Qualcomm brings forth the Game Pack for Android phones with the Snapdragon chip in them
Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

And ironically I don't really have anything against HTC :/ lol
That's not actually ironic
Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Gameloft optimizes for Exynos since they are the provider for Samsung's gaming hub lol

There are a few companies on board since as I said Samsung does not need to look for partners to optimize...see Tegra and Qualcomm need it because they make their own GPUs..Samsung on the other hand uses ARM's MALI chipset which is made by ARM..the creators of the Cortex A9...they are the one bringing the optimized partners on board as MALI is made by ARM, not Samsung.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:02 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Uh, yeah, TV sales are down because people don't care about 3D. And home sales must be down because people don't want to put a 3D tv in their new home, right?

Priceless. We're in the middle of a global economic disaster and the reason TV sales are down is because people don't care about 3D. LOL
And phone sales are up....cause? While we are in an economic disaster we have been for a while..you can get a 3D TV for cheap too.the problem is 3D is not big enough motivation to swap...simple as that...as I said before..I dont mind 3d in theaters..but even on a 55" screen its not the same...

Quote:
By the way, 3D on smartphones is great. Go buy yourself one and try it before you go spouting off about things you don't know. I went on a major trip right after the Evo 3D was released and now that I am home I have a bunch of 3D pictures and videos that look AWESOME on my 3D tv. All made possible because I happened to have a 3D smartphone with me at all times.
As I said before..its a nice gimmicky thing..but its not a deal breaker for most people..reading the evo3d forum it seems most people don't care too much for the 3d...not saying they hate it but they would have been fine either way..

you make too many sacrifices on 2d aspect for 3d atm :/

Quote:
And there is no way you can spend $25 and convert a 55 inch tv into a 3D tv.
not for 25$...but it can be done..though I dont see why...

Quote:
There is also no way you can spend $25 and have your phone start shooting 3D pictures and videos. Again, you make it obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about. Nobody is buying a 3D smartphone so they can watch movies on it. Yeah, it's nice to be able to do that, I guess. But the main attraction is you can MAKE 3D movies on it. You need a 3D screen to be able to do that, but the 3D cameras are the main attraction there. The screen is just there to support the cameras. And in 15 years when everything is 3D, you'll be wishing you had realized this sooner, as you look at old 2D pictures and videos on your big screen 3D tv.
As I said before..its a gimmick.for one the 3D tech we use now is not REAL 3D..in 15 years we will have REAL 3D..then maybe it will be worth it...so far I'd rather take a higher quality 2D picture/video over a lower quality 3D one...
Old 07-26-2011, 03:09 PM

That's not the point, a lot of games made specifically for snap/tegra don't run well or at all on mali because of the texture compression issue amonst others and the fact that arm creates the cortex and the mali doesn't mitigate performance and compliance issues. You have to look at actual compatibility.

but I tire of the comparison.

You've validated the point that comparing the SGS2 to the 3D in current state unmodded is like comparing the Evo4G to the Vibrant, flawed.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison