PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC/AT&T Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T

ac0x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dear TP2... I don't love you anymore...

Dear TP2

I'll get to the point. I don't love you anymore and I've found someone else. She has a bigger screen, she's faster, she sounds better, and she actually still has people who make real software for her.

Look, sure we had some good times together. But you're not dependable. For all the things I need to do with you, your CPU is too slow and your memory is too small. I'm tired of your headphone jack quirk. I can't deal with your can only call in speakerphone quirk. I don't have the time to rebuild you every few months because you've become so unpredictable and slow. And jeez I couldn't make any real changes to you at ALL until I loaded a 3rd party ROM on you. And as a phone, frankly, your call quality stinks. Look maybe I can give you to my 10 year old and she can use you as a glorifed mp3 player. And I think there's a version of Angry Birds I can load on you that she can use (but Im thinking its so slow it should be called Pokey Birds instead). But you and I just can't have a real relationship anymore.

I'm sorry.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; FROYO X GINGER 2.2.2 Build/FROYO X GINGER 2.2.2) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Sad violin plays softly in the background...
Old 06-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Dear TP2... I don't love you anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac0x View Post
Dear TP2

I'll get to the point. I don't love you anymore and I've found someone else. She has a bigger screen, she's faster, she sounds better, and she actually still has people who make real software for her.

Look, sure we had some good times together. But you're not dependable. For all the things I need to do with you, your CPU is too slow and your memory is too small. I'm tired of your headphone jack quirk. I can't deal with your can only call in speakerphone quirk. I don't have the time to rebuild you every few months because you've become so unpredictable and slow. And jeez I couldn't make any real changes to you at ALL until I loaded a 3rd party ROM on you. And as a phone, frankly, your call quality stinks. Look maybe I can give you to my 10 year old and she can use you as a glorifed mp3 player. And I think there's a version of Angry Birds I can load on you that she can use (but Im thinking its so slow it should be called Pokey Birds instead). But you and I just can't have a real relationship anymore.

I'm sorry.

I heard she gave up cuz you wanted to use your finger and wouldn't give her the pleasure of feeling your stylus anymore.
I'm sure there's someone else there that will fiddle with her keys and give her stylus hole a good workout better than you did. Then she will be happy. Enjoy that big bitch you just hooked up with though.
p.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

These threads are nothing more than users posting because they don't know what they are doing and/or they have abused thier device and they are trying to make himself/herself feel better about spending money on a newer phone. What a waste. I bet in less than six months they do the same thing with the new device they supposedly love so much now.
Do everyone a favor and just don't post these threads.

Last edited by horndoctor; 06-10-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Or maybe it's because they found something they really like.
And realized that spending so much time on the TP2 may also be considered a waste of time by some.
Either way... I think members of this community should be made to feel like they can share with us whatever their experiences are without fear of being called to the table for wasting time.

I found it humorous and I even related to is as I came from the TP2 to the EVO.

But I won't tell you how to call what you see.

I also appreciate your opinion Horndoc.
p.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Abuse? Hardly. It was always either in the case or in a soft pocket that I made SURE no change or keys were with it. And as far as daily use goes - phone calls, texts ,web surfing. Any apps I added I made sure were downloaded by several others first to avoid any crapware. The only thing anywhere near "unusual" I ever did was plug and unplug a cable into the headphone jack when I was in the car so I had a music device.

And I don't mention anything here that hasn't been posted before here several times. Yes the call quality stinks compared to even most simple flip phones. Many of us here may not use the device much as an actual PHONE, but point is, it IS a phone and should function decently as such. As far as it getting slow and unpredictable over a few months of use, I invite you to look for "you should reflash your phone" or "I reflashed my phone" posts all over this forum. And as far as my comment about how un-modifiable the device is with the stock ROM, the existence of so many custom ROMS for the phone shows that.

Look, I DID have fun with it. It was FUN at one point to learn everything about file structure and registry and flashing ROMS. But the less time I had time to do that and the more I actually needed a device to actually WORK as a phone, the LESS fun that became. I held out with it for as long as I did because I did want a powerful device that offered a decent amount of customizabilty. After playing with several phones I decided I like Android devices, and also realized I wouldn't miss the QWERTY keyboard the way I thought I would. Once I saw COSTCO could give me the Inspire for pretty much "free" ($50 less my discounts) with the bigger screen and more powerful device, and yes when I heard how it actually sounded as a PHONE, I bit.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Makes sense to me...
p.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

another out of place Android worship thread. I haven't had any of the problems u are describing with the tp2, especially with the stock 6.1 rom or vin,lead and sharkie rom. ever noticed that people on those roms rarely ever have problems? only problem I had on LEAD ROM was the MMS not sending and the auto Bork every week after flash, as of December he resolved the latter issue but I don't know about the MMS issue and won't know since im on the arrive now and that's another thing after I got my arrive I didn't come back here and say how much I love it and how much it relieved me of my tp2. sure using the tp2 now is painful after using the arrive but I would never do such a thing like this, it was a great device that served me well for its time. now its the arrives turn to serve me for the next 2 years maybe but once again I quietly retired my tp2 and still come over here to help out.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

"Auto Borked every week"
"Wont send MMS"
But it was a "great device". So great that you're on an Arrive now.
Seems as if it isn't my post that's the one thats a forced "adoration" of a particular device. Mine was an honest (if somewhat tongue in cheek) assesment of my TP2 experience.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
another out of place Android worship thread. I haven't had any of the problems u are describing with the tp2, especially with the stock 6.1 rom or vin,lead and sharkie rom. ever noticed that people on those roms rarely ever have problems? only problem I had on LEAD ROM was the MMS not sending and the auto Bork every week after flash, as of December he resolved the latter issue but I don't know about the MMS issue and won't know since im on the arrive now and that's another thing after I got my arrive I didn't come back here and say how much I love it and how much it relieved me of my tp2. sure using the tp2 now is painful after using the arrive but I would never do such a thing like this, it was a great device that served me well for its time. now its the arrives turn to serve me for the next 2 years maybe but once again I quietly retired my tp2 and still come over here to help out.

Maybe we should put up some walls between the threads. LOL.
Maybe you just got lucky bro... I went through 4 different TP2s and had constant problems on the Stock 6.1 rom then upgraded to the stock 6.5 rom from sprint and had issues then too... Finally I went through several fixes and hacks only to have a stable phone that wouldn't do what I wanted it to do.
Which is why I went to Android... But I would have gladly gone to WP7 or iOS or whatever else they had at Sprint as long as they offered me a slim big screen phone with all the apps I need/want that work out of the box.
I don't ask for much.
Now I have a phone that does that. And in Feb when I get my upgrade... I'll be looking again... If WP7 offers what I need... I'll switch. Otherwise. I'll stay with Android's offerings... The EVO3D looks good.

Why is this in the TP2 thread? Well... The OP wanted to share with those he had interacted with since he came to the site.
That's not such a bad thing.

But I agree... This SHOULD be in the off topic section. Which is why that's probably where it'll end up.
p.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison