PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969
I use imov as well, and I don't have duplicate lists, but what it does, is log you in with all the IM programs you use at once, and list all your contacts from all the programs at once...is that what your seeing by any chance?

I am thinking of trying octro...is that still free?
yes octro is still free.

and cwest which application there are a few listed in this thread.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
another im

another im program mixed w/ the walkie talkie for ppc's is palringo for those of you who don't know

join the group ppcgeeks by the way

~Courtney

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 05-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Lurker

tigger17 is a n00b
I'm using imov...but I am having trouble logging into a chat room. I can chat with anyone, one on one, on my chat list...I just can't join a chat room with multiple people in it.

When I click on "menu"..."conferencing"..."join room" nothing happens. Any ideas?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Kyusaku is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
I tried using Agile Messenger and everytime I tried minimizing with "Ok" it'd start recording a voice message. I couldn't figure out how to turn that option off. So I dropped that.

I tried imov, and the whole Jabber thing was kind of weird at first, but then after I finally logged in, I had some other weird issues, like... there are some buddies I have that are listed twice on my AIM Buddy List. However imov would only associate with one of the entries on the list, so I would IM 1 entry and his response would come out in another IM window. Some other random UI issues annoyed me.

So then I tried octro, and here...well I didn't like how my AIM name showed up as my gmail address. But I had a big issue with people never receiving some of my IMs. It really bothered me, and it would randomly disconnect on me.

I've settled with the modified UK AIM client, it's not perfect, and really wish it had stuff like LED flash when IM comes in, but it works exactly as it suppose to so I can't complain too much.

=/
Old 06-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusaku

So then I tried octro, and here...well I didn't like how my AIM name showed up as my gmail address. But I had a big issue with people never receiving some of my IMs. It really bothered me, and it would randomly disconnect on me.
What version was that? I'm under the distinct impression that was quite a few builds ago (they are up to 1.18 now) as I remember others complaining about such an issue.

I use Octro every day have zero issues. Personally, I find it the best and in a comparison it has more features and better performance on CPU usage than the others (see Menneisyys' IM bible at pocketpcmag.com)

As to the OP about a universal, free IM client: don't hold your breath.

It's not free nor easy to develop a universal, feature-robust IM client for mobile devices. It is also not free to maintain servers for connecting. This is why you won't see a "free" service, since there are a lot of costs in developing software and updating it. I've been with Octro since version 0.01--I couldn't even IM myself in that version but it's come along way since after lots of development.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Kyusaku is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusaku

What version was that? I'm under the distinct impression that was quite a few builds ago (they are up to 1.18 now) as I remember others complaining about such an issue.
I'm not exactly sure on version number but it was recent. Sometime in the middle of the month of May. Whatever version that was offered on the main octro site's download around early to mid-May would be that version.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

stratoman is a n00b
Do any of the IM programs light the LED on the 700wx in a special way to let you know a new message has arrived?

I started trying Octro yesterday (version 1.19). Seems ok so far I think, drains my battery faster than I had hoped, maybe they all do (first IM client I've tried on the treo).

Is there any problem having multiple IM programs in the 700wx at the same time (as long as only one is actually running)? Because I'll probably try a few other IM programs out there.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:16 AM
Lurker

mousenmbr1 is a n00b
I have downloaded Octro but I cant seem to stay connected for long periods of time. Did you guys adjust any options within Octro to stay connected? Or is it something with my internet connection with my provider?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18
any updates to the question
Old 09-24-2007, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
Like Courtney, I use Parlingo (www.parlingo.com) it lets you use AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Etc... plus its own client to talk to other Parlingo users via PTT like you would on Nextel. My wife and I use it instead of calling each other. Plus you can join the PPCGeeks chatroom all day

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX