View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusaku

So then I tried octro, and here...well I didn't like how my AIM name showed up as my gmail address. But I had a big issue with people never receiving some of my IMs. It really bothered me, and it would randomly disconnect on me.
What version was that? I'm under the distinct impression that was quite a few builds ago (they are up to 1.18 now) as I remember others complaining about such an issue.

I use Octro every day have zero issues. Personally, I find it the best and in a comparison it has more features and better performance on CPU usage than the others (see Menneisyys' IM bible at pocketpcmag.com)

As to the OP about a universal, free IM client: don't hold your breath.

It's not free nor easy to develop a universal, feature-robust IM client for mobile devices. It is also not free to maintain servers for connecting. This is why you won't see a "free" service, since there are a lot of costs in developing software and updating it. I've been with Octro since version 0.01--I couldn't even IM myself in that version but it's come along way since after lots of development.