PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 09:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

tom_m is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Making the Vogue as fast as possible ?? all settings?

Hi,

Can we perhaps consolidate and list all speed tricks/reg settings/practices/etc. here by chance?

I will even go and help by looking up some other threads and pasting reg settings and what not, though I think that info is fine where it is....

I'm more after other things one can do to ensure the speediest (and possibly longest battery life) Vogue possible. Those are my two concerns.

I'm ok with battery life, I have all the reg settings that make use of suspend features (i think). I just want to make sure my phone is fast and stable now.

I'm using OMJ's custom Verizon rom. My phone has locked up about 3 times within a week or two. I noticed it happened once while typing...curious to know if the HTC touch keypad input method has issues...cuz that's what I was using when it locked up...typing an email/text message. Or if it's completely random.

So any great ideas would be great. I keep looking all over this forum, but info is so scattered. Wish it was all in one place, and if I ever do get all the settings I can, I will take the time to thank everyone by putting together a little guide/list.

Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff
Re: Making the Vogue as fast as possible ?? all settings?

GREAT IDEA. I was just playing with my old 6700 yesterday and was so amazed at its speed... much faster than my vogue... I had forgotten how much faster it is. I truly wish my vogue performed just as fast...
Old 06-09-2008, 11:15 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tom_m is a n00b

i was on a i730 before... now its a brick and a pain in the rear, but it was fast. course not as much ram, but cpu was awesome. course i'd gladly trade that for better battery life....but i really want to squeeze as much out of my vogue as possible.

i'll throw everything humanly possible on to the storage card and crank up the glyph cache settings, etc. whatever i gotta do. i want the thing stable, fast, and as battery efficient as can be for being speedy. i'm sure there are some trade offs, i'd like to know what/where so i can make a decision.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:01 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

tom_m is a n00b

ok. before it gets down too far I'll start listing some settings...settings I already have, hopefully others can chime in. if things get messy - at the end of all this (at some point) i'll condense and re-post. I know there's already a reg edit thread around - but I want to include more than just registry settings. Perhaps practices, theories, etc. How much ram should be in use and free for example. ... how much storage space free? does it matter? any clever mortscript things we can do to help manage how things are operating, etc. what tasks don't need to be ran at startup? those things.

so to get the ball rolling, one link i like for reg settings is this :
http://www.pocketpc-live.com/pocket-...pocket-pc.html
aside from the thread on this forum.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_m View Post
i was on a i730 before... now its a brick and a pain in the rear, but it was fast. course not as much ram, but cpu was awesome. course i'd gladly trade that for better battery life....but i really want to squeeze as much out of my vogue as possible.

i'll throw everything humanly possible on to the storage card and crank up the glyph cache settings, etc. whatever i gotta do. i want the thing stable, fast, and as battery efficient as can be for being speedy. i'm sure there are some trade offs, i'd like to know what/where so i can make a decision.
i730 ???
Old 06-10-2008, 09:10 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

tom_m is a n00b

my old phone. was a samsung, fast bugger. but it was too heavy/large. and while the new iphone looks great and all - i just bought the vogue and i'm quite happy with it. i don't think i'd trade it for an iphone to be honest. the touch is so much smaller and nicer. it's by long and far the best phone i've had yet. i just want to make it as fast as possible.

i might even try to yank picsel viewer off that old samsung and see if it runs faster... that was one gripe of mine. that these phones (even though i had a "fast" one before) don't really run things that fast....is it sloppy programming? i don't know.

anyway. i cranked my glyph cache to 64kb. seems to make a difference. i have 8kb on file system and disk whatever cache that are kinda near each other.

I have about 66-67mb free of RAM with nothing open...other than background processes including opera 9 stuff, the 4mb cube, media hub, quick dial, quickgps, tmail, poutlook, quickmenu and some other things that i assume are basic/windows specific.

still curious about what i don't need to be running all the time/at startup.

couldn't find where to set opera's cache files folder... i set ie's to the storage card (by the way new egg has a deal 50 bucks for 8gb microsd). Gotta clean up stuff and move as much as i can to storage card...
Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Gogeta is a n00b

Quote:
by the way new egg has a deal 50 bucks for 8gb microsd
Hmm i was told the vogue could only read up to a 4gb card.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3

i posted allthe regedit hacks that i could find right here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28921
Old 06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
my old phone. was a samsung, fast bugger. but it was too heavy/large. and while the new iphone looks great and all - i just bought the vogue and i'm quite happy with it. i don't think i'd trade it for an iphone to be honest. the touch is so much smaller and nicer. it's by long and far the best phone i've had yet. i just want to make it as fast as possible.

i might even try to yank picsel viewer off that old samsung and see if it runs faster... that was one gripe of mine. that these phones (even though i had a "fast" one before) don't really run things that fast....is it sloppy programming? i don't know.

anyway. i cranked my glyph cache to 64kb. seems to make a difference. i have 8kb on file system and disk whatever cache that are kinda near each other.

I have about 66-67mb free of RAM with nothing open...other than background processes including opera 9 stuff, the 4mb cube, media hub, quick dial, quickgps, tmail, poutlook, quickmenu and some other things that i assume are basic/windows specific.

still curious about what i don't need to be running all the time/at startup.

couldn't find where to set opera's cache files folder... i set ie's to the storage card (by the way new egg has a deal 50 bucks for 8gb microsd). Gotta clean up stuff and move as much as i can to storage card...
isnt the i730 a nextel made by Motorola?

EDIT:
ahh you mean this one: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=667

SCH-i730 :-p
Old 06-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03

Samsung PDA.

--James
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue