PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 01:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VX6900 (Touch)
Carrier: Verizon

Magicality is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon XV6900 No Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylechx View Post
any new updates on the signal fixes??? i reset and battery reset and still no signal restoration (to what it was before flashing)
Did you get a new a-key after flashing? you NEED to call tech support and AFTER entering it, remove battery for a minute and then boot up.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

rrife is a n00b

I found that I was having problems with getting a signal but I was able to go into the NAM Settings under the Phone options, switched to NAM2 (which makes you roam), then immediately switch back to NAM1 and I'd get a perfect Verizon signal but when I'd attempt to make a voice call it'd say my phone is not authorized so I'd have to called #22890 to reauth the phone. After about 6x of doing this the problem went away on its own and now I can soft & hard reset and even reflash the rom w/o any radio problems besides people on the other end of the line saying they can't hear me very well.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900

WyldStyl3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Call tech support from another phone and ask for an akey. Tell them you are getting a cannot authenticate error after a hard reset as this is a documented problem on xv6800's and xv6900's. Even if voice is working it is not properly communicating with verizon's towers (tech support can see a communciation error at the network switch) if you are getting the 30 minutes searching after a soft reset or *228. I went thorough 3 xv6800's before data tech support and myself figured this out. Tech support number from landline is 800-922-0204 option 3. If you change the radio to another version you will have to do this again. This seems to only happen on native vzw 6800's and 6900's running a 3x radio and does not happen on other carrier's titan and vogues converted to vzw and running the same exact software and radio version. After you get the akey it should be fine and the radio will survive a soft reset with signal unless you flash another radio to it.
I started having this same problem yesterday after I finally got the GPS working...I've tried this, got the akey twice and it still hasn't worked. I reflashed the newest stock rom just to see and still having this problem. I've done the *228 deal numerous times, soft rebooted, and removed the battery numerous times. I can't fix it. Verizon was gonna send me another phone, but I don't want to do that yet as the warranty *Might* be voided. Have any of you solved this completely? Thanks in advance!

oh, how do you change the NAM settings...I couldn't find that in the phone settings or the ##778
Old 07-10-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

crobs808 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808

The akey has nothing to do with getting or not getting a signal. The akey only determines if you have authentication to get data once you have a signal from the tower.

So, here is how you fix your signal issue:

1. Call *22802 or *22803 (whichever one gets you a signal), then as soon as you get a signal, hang up.
2. Press ##778, then press Send
3. Select "Edit", then type in "000000" then hit ok
4. In the bottom left select "View info" then select "M.IP Settings"
5. Change the following lines to something other than their default:

MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Preferred
MIP Registration Retries:
MIP Registration Retry Timeout:
1750 ms
MIP Pre-Registration Timeout:

Tap/edit on each one and change it just one value less or greater, going back to the settings screen inbetween editing each one, then after all four are changed, just change them back to the above correct settings, then click "Menu", "OK"

6. It will now give you a "EPST" dialog, and select "OK" to reset your device.

NOTE: You may have to do this short 5 minutes process 2 or 3 times. Make sure you do not skip 'Step 1' if doing it multiple times. Changing the 'M.IP Settings' doesn't do anything unless you have a signal at the time of changing the values. This will make your signal work again immediately on restart.
GPS: TomTom v7.915 (v830.2323 Maps)

Last edited by crobs808; 07-10-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Lurker

WyldStyl3 is a n00b

how do i know when i have a signal? it dials and a few seconds later it hangs up. no errors, no signal lost or anything. i never see it get a signal on the meter up top.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808

if you dial *22802 or *22803, it will say "programming in progress", then your antenna/x icon will change to antenna/bars, and right when that changes you hit end, then continue with step 2, etc...

if *22802/3 isnt working, then try one of these: *22800, *22801 *22802, *22803, *22804, *22805, *22806, or *22807

the two i listed originally are the most likely/common though. when i tried just now, *22802/3 both worked for me in Texas, but it may be one of those others depending on your region.

-C

Last edited by crobs808; 07-10-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Lurker

WyldStyl3 is a n00b

it's on "searching" not on "no service" does that matter? the tower is always there, but with the 3 dots that are looking for signal and not the antenna with the x. plus, when i dial it from any of them they never go to "programming in progress." maybe this is a different problem?
Old 07-10-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yes, the three dots after the antenna icon that persist for 10 or more minutes on startup, is the issue that my steps fix. I would recommend making sure you are in an area where other Verizon phones are working, then try it again, and this time, flash it to stock ROM before doing the steps (Let the customizations run - you can always reflash once you have this issue fixed).

Also, im confused, because your posts over at XDA-Developers forum are minor details on other stuff, and it appears you already have a working phone over there. Do you have two XV6900's?

thanks
-C

Last edited by crobs808; 07-10-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Lurker

WyldStyl3 is a n00b

no, i was thinking about giving up and letting verizon replace it, but i don't have insurance and i guess it wouldn't be considered under warranty anymore. i'll reflash it to the stock VZ rom and try this and see what happens. thanks for your help, i'll let you know if i can get it working.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Talking Re: Verizon XV6900 No Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStyl3 View Post
no, i was thinking about giving up and letting verizon replace it, but i don't have insurance and i guess it wouldn't be considered under warranty anymore. i'll reflash it to the stock VZ rom and try this and see what happens. thanks for your help, i'll let you know if i can get it working.
You know, the reps at Verizon are so willing to help usually, that they replaced a phone I did not even buy through them. LOL. I actually bought it on ebay, it broke after 6 months, then when I called up, before I got a chance to even tell them I didn't get it through them they said "I see here that you activated this only 6 months ago, so that means it is still under warranty"...I was speechless, and because of their haste, I actually ended up getting a replacement for my ebay-bought device, haha.

See, they assumed that just because I activated it 6 months ago, that it was one of their phones I must have gotten thru an upgrade deal or in a Verizon store or something. They didn't even bother to check if I actually bought it from them, they just saw the activation date was less than a year, and before I knew it, they processed a replacement for me, LOL.

You might wanna call in, acting like they owe you good service, and just see what happens. I mean I never lied to them, they just volunteer replacing it, albeit by accident, but I wasn't going to complain.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue