PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OpenGL Driver

Hey guys, I just found this over on the Android thread regarding the OpenGL files and Android with a link to THIS video of NeoCore on the Vogue

Perhaps stripping down and porting over the Gl Lib and DLL's from that may increase the video performance on a WinMO based application and UI

Just some food for thought

Detroit Doug

Old 05-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Telecom

divxmaster is a n00b

Not sure if that is even doable in WM with h/w accel, as it tends to use direct 3d. btw, this video is already mentioned in the previous page of this thread. Ive been trying out all types of opengl apps on android. Tried doom.apk, which is opengl accelerated, but it wouldnt run, it was trying to get out to a data connection (even though all the files were on sd card).

It would be great if opengl was doable on WM though, as someone is trying to create an opengl wrapper for fpsece 0.10, when it comes out soon. So that would give fully accelerated psx games on the vogue!

btw, Android.. yeech... dont know what ppl see in it, must be MS haters. I bet they havent tried WM under WDM's roms. Its just as fast as android, and has 20x the functionality.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Last edited by divxmaster; 05-02-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Lurker

divxmaster is a n00b

Also, as a side note, re Direct 3d:

Do the American vogues ship with touchflo 3D enabled? From what I have read, they dont. Well, the vogue (okta touch) over here in NZ does ship with tf3d. So, I will try to track down ddi.dll from that stock nz image (I no longer have the stock image!).

Im hoping that in some way it might be different. I'm pretty certain it is not, but who knows.

so, if someone could tell me the shipped state of us tf3d, that would be great.

Cheers,
Divxmaster
Old 05-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by divxmaster View Post

Do the American vogues ship with touchflo 3D enabled? From what I have read, they dont. Well, the vogue (okta touch) over here in NZ does ship with tf3d. So, I will try to track down ddi.dll from that stock nz image (I no longer have the stock image!).

Im hoping that in some way it might be different. I'm pretty certain it is not, but who knows.

Cheers,
Divxmaster
LOL no, over here in the states the HTC Vogue (Touch) ships with WinMO 6.0/6.1 with the standard today screen and such - only after either installing or using a custom ROM does TF2D/M2D or the 6.5 UI come into play

Detroit Doug
Old 05-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Cheers,
Divxmaster
dude i think you have your wires crossed there the okta touch does not come with tf3d installed, it has touchflo scrolling and the cube , but m2d has to be installed via cab or cooked into rom, and tf3d is diffenently not there
Old 05-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali3nfr3ak View Post
dude i think you have your wires crossed there the okta touch does not come with tf3d installed, it has touchflo scrolling and the cube , but m2d has to be installed via cab or cooked into rom, and tf3d is diffenently not there
glad someone else said something and it wasnt just me mis-reading that LOL

Detroit Doug
Old 05-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Lurker

divxmaster is a n00b

Hmmm, ok.. I'll rephrase that.. does the US rom come with a touch cube that you can bring up by sliding your finger up the screen and then spin it left and right with gestures?

btw, @doug, I'm glad someone else noticed the GPU was enabled... I dont quite understand that no one seems to be excited about this. Its hardly mentioned in the forums. It is a really big thing, for one, it proves that the Imageon 2300 is actually inside the vogue, and accessible.
Didnt Htc at one stage say it wasnt in there? lol. Also, I just enabled cpu usage monitor when running neocore, and it isnt using 100% cpu, which is nice, so there is some room left over for other processing. I wonder if the phone could be disabled temporarily in games and its ARM9 used for processing?

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Last edited by divxmaster; 05-02-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Hmmm, ok.. I'll rephrase that.. does the US rom come with a touch cube that you can bring up by sliding your finger up the screen and then spin it left and right with gestures?

btw, @doug, I'm glad someone else noticed the GPU was enabled... I dont quite understand that no one seems to be excited about this. Its hardly mentioned in the forums. It is a really big thing, for one, it proves that the Imageon 2300 is actually inside the vogue, and accessible.
Didnt Htc at one stage say it wasnt in there? lol. Also, I just enabled cpu usage monitor when running neocore, and it isnt using 100% cpu, which is nice, so there is some room left over for other processing. I wonder if the phone could be disabled temporarily in games and its ARM9 used for processing?

Cheers,
Divxmaster
Actually I understood the reference just wasnt sure if you were meaning TF3D directly as in Diamond/Touch Pro?Touch HD or referencing the TF2D port of it as the naming is commonly misused from device to device

And I really didnt even think of the Cube, but yes, the cube in a WinMO 6/6.1 OS is the default on US Vogues

Actually I am very excited about the hardware being enabled and actually being seen used as it should be, the one MAJOR drawback to the vogue is the fact the hardware is there but not enabled (utilized) in common OS/Applications and I do actually think the Android used drivers can indeed be ported over as I believe they came either from HTC/Google originally during development of the Android OS and just found and now being tweaked and shown off and I think as so much is ported from Windows to Linux in day to day PC world, the time to do so with Android (Linux) to WinMO cannot be any more difficult as it really would be just a case of reverse engineering (not directly as tearing something apart and recreating it but in a driver/DLL sense of moving in reverse from Linux to Windows/WinMO)

Of course this is all just speculation and deep hope from me although my immediate concern if and when this does come to fruition is not the ability as much as how much draw on the battery will the 3D increase and how quickly will this kill existing OEM (1100maH) batteries let alone the larger aftermarket batteries

Detroit Doug
Old 05-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Lurker

divxmaster is a n00b

yes, it would be great if opengl es could be ported back, thats what this thread is about of course, but I would like D3D also.
If I can get fpsece working, then this phone will be perfect! Garmin GPS, h.264 movies with coreplayer, 16gb sandisk microsd and fpsece psx games!
Hopefully the battery will be fine, I can play a 2 hr movie no problem.

Cheers,
Divxmaster
Old 05-03-2009, 06:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Ok ok, let's clear up some confusion

HTC Vogue has OpenGL already in it, but it's a premature version for the Cube only....

The OpenGL we want is for TF3D....M3D, that will increase the speed and functionality of our devices

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development